Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it a sin to want to stay here, with your family? I want to go to Heaven with Jesus someday, though, but I like my life.
Define sin... that is where you need to start. John defined it (1 John 3:4) as breaking commandments... so if God says, "so not steal" and you steal, you have sinned, fallen short of the mark He set by saying, "do not steal." :)

So... is there a command that says not to want to live out a full life before standing with Him? No... He gave you this life, it is a gift. He also gave you family, and the ability to love... and He desires us to walk through this life and learn certain lessons that we will take with us into the next life. So, my vote is no. :)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is it a sin to want to stay here, with your family? I want to go to Heaven with Jesus someday, though, but I like my life.

Of course not.

Anyone ever notice that God given sense that prevents us from stepping out in front of a car, or jumping from a plane, parachute free?

We are supposed to not want to die, yet we are expected to accept it when our time comes, and to avoid that time as long as we possibly can.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not a sin to want to not die. For most its normal. Even more so when you have people you love and don't want to leave behind. Me? I don't fear death and being married I don't want to leave just yet, but if it was my time I am ok with it because I'd be in a better place and obviously would see my wife later on.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It would only be a sin if it contradicted with God's revealed will. The desire to go on living is usually a good / healthy one...but if we were called of God to serve in a capacity which could indeed lead to our physical death, and we shrank away from that calling out of fear or lack of faith...then that would be a sin.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Read up on it. (YHWH is SERIOUS)
Search Results
Luke 14:26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and ...
biblehub.com/luke/14-26.htm
... father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own life. ... “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and ...
Luke 14:27 · ‎Luke 14:25 · ‎Luke 14:26 Commentaries · ‎King James Bible

--------------------------------
Luke 14:26 - Bible Gateway
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Luke 14:26
Jesus: If any of you come to Me without hating your own father, mother, wife, children, brothers, sisters, and yes, even your own life, you can't be My disciple.

-------------------------------
What did Jesus mean when He instructed us hate our father and ...
https://gotquestions.org/hate-father-mother.html
What did Jesus mean when He instructed us hate our father and mother (Luke 14:26)? ... So, if we don't hate our family and our own lives, we can't be His disciple. ..

• Agree
Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

No its not a sin,but if you go around telling people about God and heaven and how glorious it is you had better be ready to go when your time comes without any complaining other wise those people will wonder if in fact you realy believe God and heaven exist.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, Jesus says, "if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:46)

So, He wants us to love any and all people . . . as well as our family and friends. So, it might be more Biblical to want to stay here in order to do God's loving good to any and all people. I would say Jesus wanted to be here, as long as it was God's will and here is where He would be doing us good.

Also > God "gives us richly all things to enjoy." (in 1 Timothy 6:17) So, I see how our Father does want us to enjoy His good things in this life. And I would say in family sharing with our Father and Jesus and one another we have the best enjoyment :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Forever is wired in our dna, even Jesus prayed for the cup to pass from him, but he surrendered to his Heavenly Father's will..."thy will be done, not mine".

Upvote 0

Whitworth

Nov 21, 2016
Manchester
✟10,995.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Luke 22:42

Even Jesus was scared of what was to come. Some can argue he wasn't afraid of death but more the torture and pain to come. I would argue that the vast majority of us are not afraid of dying itself but the pain of death.

That's why my answer comes in two parts.

Firstly if you're afraid of the pain of death, the fear of how it will feel, then no I don't think this is a sin. It's human and entirely natural and something Jesus obviously was afraid of himself and could relate to us as humans.

That being said comes the second part. People who say the pain of death doesn't bother them it's the fear of the unknown afterwards, here is where the issue lies with me. I think this is something Jesus obviously wasn't worried about but us as humans can worry about greatly. Again I wouldn't say this is a sin either, most people doubt. Thomas doubted. To doubt what happens after death and to fear that well we just have to pray that God will help us in our faith and help us not to worry or stress. The fear of dying will only stop us living the life God wants us to live.

Finally and I think maybe this is the probably the most relevant to your question is the fear of leaving behind personal possessions on earth and missing this earthly life. Now I do believe this is where we cross the boundaries of what is sinful and not sinful. To be scared of missing our parents, family members or friends especially those are are not a Christian is completely normal and OK in my opinion.

Fearing missing this earthly life, personal possessions and comforts of this world etc is where I believe people walk a fine line on what God's word commands. If we're raising up earthly possessions and pleasures so much then there's an argument that, that could be idolatry. I think to an extent we will all miss parts of this earth and it's pleasures, there's so much God has created that is beautiful and to be missed but I hold on to the hope that if I am granted forgiveness and accepted into Heaven that the new Earth, I will enjoy and find those pleasures again in there hereafter.

The issue comes on if you're making possessions and pleasures an idol and above God. That's where I think the problem arises. It's a good question and hopefully my opinion/insight/understanding helps you think some more into it.

Upvote 0

michael soh

Dec 21, 2016
malaysia
✟15,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh Dear. No it is not sinful not wanting to die. In fact it makes our Heavenly Father proud. If it is sin, why would Jesus pray that we are not to be taken away from this world? (See John 17:15,19)

Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. Joh 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Jesus also provide us a way to stay in this world and not have to experience death. But many people don't believe in Him and turn against Him, saying He has a demon. (John 8:51-52)

Also very interesting, He does not only want you to stay in this world old and frail. But He wants you to stay here in this world young and healthy. Reverse your age back to 33 years old.

Michael Soh

Attachments

• Slide25.JPG
    Slide25.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

michael soh

Dec 21, 2016
malaysia
✟15,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Slide2.PNG
Two unavoidable things in life,death and taxes,so always remember to pay your taxes and die when you're supposed to.

We can cancel our appointment with death (Heb 9:27). Jesus took that appointment for us. Don't fall in to lies that we have to fulfill this appointment when it is already been fulfill by Jesus.

Jesus paid that ransom and we are free to go. He did not pay the ransom only to come and collect body bags (dead bodies)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

michael soh

Dec 21, 2016
malaysia
✟15,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Forever is wired in our dna, even Jesus prayed for the cup to pass from him, but he surrendered to his Heavenly Father's will..."thy will be done, not mine".
He feared death, so that we do not have to fear death anymore. He took our sin, gave us righteousness, He took our sickness and gave us health. He took our poverty and gave us richness. The exchange goes on and on at the cross............... He took our fear so that we no longer have to fear death. We really do not have to fear death because there is no more death.

Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Upvote 0

michael soh

Dec 21, 2016
malaysia
✟15,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, Jesus says, "if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:46)

So, He wants us to love any and all people . . . as well as our family and friends. So, it might be more Biblical to want to stay here in order to do God's loving good to any and all people. I would say Jesus wanted to be here, as long as it was God's will and here is where He would be doing us good.

Also > God "gives us richly all things to enjoy." (in 1 Timothy 6:17) So, I see how our Father does want us to enjoy His good things in this life. And I would say in family sharing with our Father and Jesus and one another we have the best enjoyment :)
He is so gooooood that many times we don't know what He gave us. He over bless us and we don't know.

Take the famous evangelical bible verse: Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If we die, we perish. But He does not want us to die. He does not want us to perish. But we don't realize it. We think perish is spiritually. But in all truth, will not perish is not repeated in John 3:15. Why believing in Jesus has two outcome. One will not peris and the other perish but raised up?

KJV differentiate perish and not perish with eternal life (John 3:15) and everlasting life(john 3:16).

Upvote 0

michael soh

Dec 21, 2016
malaysia
✟15,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not a sin to want to not die. For most its normal. Even more so when you have people you love and don't want to leave behind. Me? I don't fear death and being married I don't want to leave just yet, but if it was my time I am ok with it because I'd be in a better place and obviously would see my wife later on.

Brother, Don't have to die. Get younger by the day. Sarah did her biblical botox. She turn so young and pretty that King Abimelech wanted her at 90 years old. King Abimelech cannot be fetish. Abraham was scare [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] to call Sarah his wife. But just plain old sister. Abraham feared that he will be killed by the king who want to possess his 90 years old wife. To be scare for his life , means, Sarah must be very beautiful.

Attachments

• Slide19.JPG
    Slide19.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0