United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

You can go on and on and on, back and forth a hundred times, over whether drinking energy drinks is a sin (just as people have for years over alcohol, coffee, etc) but by the time you come to any conclusion, your daily consumption of energy drinks may take such a toll on your health that you'll have various health issues for the rest of your life and so your thoughts will be forcibly be redirected to treating those health problems and dealing with the suffering they bring.

We are stewards of our own bodies and God wants us to take care of them and not abuse them. I don't think an energy drink a day equates to taking care of your body.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since you ask... I have to say possibly

IF a believer is told by the Holy Spirit inside them to not drink, and they drink... it is disobedience (sin)

It doesnt matter if it is a simple energy drink or anything else. It is the disobedience that is the big deal, not the drink itself.

That is why I say "For you, possibly" NOT because I myself see the energy drink as a big deal... but the fact that "something" prompted you to ask "is it okay?" looking for man to justify your right to drink them.

Now, if someone said to you that drinking an energy drink is sinful and you are asking clarification on it, you are likely fine to drink them... although they arent healthy.

IF you feel in your conscience that you shouldnt drink them and violate your conscience... then the Spirit is telling you something and you should listen.

Let God be true and every man a liar.... after all... man can justify anything if he tries hard enough.

The real question is the question you ask yourself.... "What propmted you to ask the question" that is where your answer truly lies... the rest is man simply doing what we have tried doing since Adam... justifying our disobedience.

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Just what kind of / what brand/ of energy drinks are you even talking about ?

Most energy drinks (Redbull, Monster, Rockstar, Nos, to name just a few). When consumed on occasion, they may be fine for most people. But drinking them every day isn't good. People have been hospitalized for drinking them too often. Not only do they have a lot of caffeine in them but they are loaded with sugar. Most energy drinks say they abide by the recommended amount of caffeine someone should have a day but most of them don't account for the amount of caffeine that is contained in some of their additive ingredients so the amount of caffeine labeled on the can may be inaccurate.

All in all, they're not good for your (physical) heart.

You'd be better off making sure you get a good amount of restful sleep each night.

• Agree
Reactions: valleygirl
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Clothes are a thing of the world, food is a thing of the world, water is a thing of the world.
Yes.

Good to recognize.

And what is written in the Bible about lusts and desires and wanting the things of the world in those different categories (or all the categories ? ) ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So to be a Christian you have to become a miserable person who’s allowed to enjoy nothing?
What does the Bible say about the Ekkleisa being CONTINUALLY FULL of Peace, Joy AND Righteousness ?

(no matter the circumstances, btw, no matter what)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So to be a Christian you have to become a miserable person who’s allowed to enjoy nothing?
Its not about ALL Christians can't do those things, but SOME certainly shouldn't.

For example, a car in itself is NOT sinful for everyone. It is nothing more than a mode of transportation. For others, they baby their car, name it and place its value above their value of God.

In such a case, they have made an idol of the car... in which case it is NOT the car that became sinful, but the place in the individual's heart that made it sin.

IF someone values their TV more than they value God... then yes... the TV to them has become an idol... so while perfectly acceptable for some, not so much others.

We are no longer bound by the black and white of law, but are to be led by the Spirit, following the one that gave the law. IF that Spirit inside says "do not do _________" and you do _________ you have disobeyed.

It is that disobedience that is the big deal... not that Christians can not have fun... it is that what is good for one, may not be good for another as we are all different.

Just like one person can have an alcoholic beverage, but a recovering alcoholic is best to avoid even one. We all place different values on different things. THAT is why discernment with the Holy Spirit is so vital in the walk with Christ... the Spirit knows what is of benefit and what is a detriment to the one the Spirit is speaking to.

Look at Jesus in the wilderness, He could have turned the stone to bread... He had the ability, yet He didnt. Is it sin to eat after having not had anything to eat for 40 days? There is nothing wrong with eating itself... but Jesus was not told by the Father to do so..... so He didnt.

IF He had given in to temptation and turned it to bread and ate... not a big deal in the eyes of men... He would have leaned on mans logic rather than obedience to the Father... THAT is where the issue is, not in the act itself, but obedience.

Its not an issue of "no fun" but rather... what is best for the individual. It doesnt mean "law for all Christians" because it is not good for some.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i drink it everyday
i drink it everyday

“And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:11-16

Upvote 0