is it a sin to drink energetic drinks?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If you think it is sinful to drink high energy drinks, then of course it is a sinful practice.

Why not go with the sugar free variations. My flatmate is a coke addict but he drinks the sugar free version of coke. Took him two years to convert to sugar free coke and that is all he drinks now.

It is easier to give up the flavored drinks and just drink water.
Turns out that almost all sugar free stuff

is more sinful than the original with sugar....

go figure....

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Whatever made you think the "you" was specifically about you personally? I was asked by one person about something pertaining to another, that applies to all. But some unstated reason the answer is interpreted to be specifically about you.
< shrugs > I don't remember now.... what did you post ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yep.

If you know that, then why ask me something about someone else you already know is something for them to choose?
Mixed up? YOU posted in reply to me "PICK which depraved sin" (why depraved sin, btw) ? Of course I already know, it seemd you were asking to PICK for them.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No, but it’s not good for you everyday either. It’s like Paul says: 1 Corinthians 10:23
Is the polluted water in most cities better to drink ?
Every day drinking a bottled drink might be fine.... with 'normal' limits ,
but drinking tap water in many cities is not good even once... although people may be spared the agony/ problems/ troubles, for a time, if necessary ....

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is the polluted water in most cities better to drink ?
Every day drinking a bottled drink might be fine.... with 'normal' limits ,
but drinking tap water in many cities is not good even once... although people may be spared the agony/ problems/ troubles, for a time, if necessary ....

Forgive me but I am thoroughly confused by this. (Truth be told I am always confused by your words) What does this have to do with the OP?

Upvote 0

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i drink it everyday

Why do you ask the question? I would ask God in persistent prayer whether he wants you to drink them. Another question you might ask God is why you started them in the first place. If you were tired all the time, perhaps there's another cause to your tiredness, either psychological or physical. For the latter, God can answer you through a doctor; for the former, through a counselor or psychologist.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Forgive me but I am thoroughly confused by this. (Truth be told I am always confused by your words) What does this have to do with the OP?
I think you posted the drinks the op drinks "are not good to drink every day" ?

Yet it is known that drinking the tap water may be (as is the case in Oklahoma) much worse, even once, than those drinks are daily for six months.

"may be", as the ingredients in the drinks might be not conducive to health.

But it is known that water in the USA, and other countries , from the tap, if available even, is harmful to drink even once. (whether the risks outweigh the benefits or not, is a good question )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
i drink it everyday
Only a phariseical legalist would suggest that caffine drinks are sinful. Scripture celebrates the drinking of wine, it is always associated with times of plenty. Caffeine drinks aren't even in the ballpark of wine.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,459.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it a sin, in general I'd say no..

but...
How legalistic do you want to get?
Is the can made from recycled material ? Or was child labor used to get the materials for it?
How about the ingredients? Were each and every one ethically sourced?
How about the company? How do they treat all their workers, and contractors?
Is the company supporting anything unethical?

If you search hard enough I'm sure you can find some connection to something bad in Every product in existence, and by using that product some might say you're supporting that unethical behavior.

Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
is it a sin to drink energetic drinks? i drink it everyday
"“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but whoever drinks a can of Red Bull, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come." BillyBob 12:17

• Haha
Reactions: renniks
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not necessarily the same, but I had the same concerns about soda. I would normally drink a diet soda everyday-sometimes more. I once had a friend in my church say a strong drink doesn't always mean alcohol. I'm not saying she was right or wrong, but it is worth some pause and consideration. It wasn't easy to cut it out, but I do feel much better and I know my body is healthier for it :)
sodas are called "soft drinks" for a reason

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you familiar with "The Pulse Test", or even know how to check your pulse rate (like at the wrist) for a full minute ? If something is harmful, it raises your pulse rate.
Exercising then?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Exercising then?
:)... sometimes... haha....

Actually it is related to testing foods and drinks and dust and airborne allergies - any allergy (house dust is the most common, btw), raises the pulse 4 or more beats per minute... Eliminating what someone is allergic to, resulted in improved health.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0