USA
✟19,181.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My problem is not that you shouldn’t talk about sin. Rather that I come with conflict about how many Christians have used hateful and the fear of god to get people to change. I never liked that way of thinking. It feels like your forcing someone instead of guiding someone. This is why so many and not just lgbt reject god. They see people who state to be his followers but don’t feel safe

• Agree
Reactions: Yennora
Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My problem is not that you shouldn’t talk about sin. Rather that I come with conflict about how many Christians have used hateful and the fear of god to get people to change. I never liked that way of thinking. It feels like your forcing someone instead of guiding someone. This is why so many and not just lgbt reject god. They see people who state to be his followers but don’t feel safe

I totally agree with you on this. I believe that it is none of our business if they practice their homosexuality or not. A Christian should only judge (him/her)self and not others.

However, this doesn't mean that we should believe homosexuality is right or praise it. We can just be silent about it so long as no one is trying to push their beliefs on us or on children.

And also, when children are being taught forcibly that practicing homosexuality is morally correct, we should fight that. Being tolerant doesn't mean being submissive when others rights and freedoms are being oppressed.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Isn't the whole thing about Jonah to do with how he hated those abominable Ninevites...he didn't want to lay down his life for them...

John 15
"12This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I updated my previous reply to reflect my point of view more. I hope that helps.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And you are in Him...and He in you?

I’m not going to listen to your “what if” nonsense. I just testified what Christ saying about dealing with someone who is offended by the truth concerned homosexuality. Move on!

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I’m not going to listen to your “what if” nonsense. I just testified what Christ saying about dealing with someone who is offended by the truth concerned homosexuality. Move on!

I don't recall saying "What if". Obviously, you are taking offence...so I will take your advice and "move on".

*Happy sailing...

Upvote 0

SayaOtonashi

May 19, 2012
USA
✟19,181.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
One thing is I dislike this how many want to kill gay people. I feel show love to anyone. Jesus loved the unwanted. We should do the same. The greatest way in our faith is to show all are welcome. I have a lot of issues how so many churches try to be exclusive. Like they are some sort of club. We are all welcomed at his table.

Reactions: Yennora
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟55,954.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its a different type of friendship. Not sure if he is an unbeliever from your post.

Just keep preaching the word of God to him.

He invites you out for drinking. You reply to him with, Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Tell him how much God loves and saved you and that you dont want to do those things. Ect.

Keep preaching every chance you get. Sooner or later, he will get sick of hearing it and leave you alone, he may turn to God, or your words may help him later down the track.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That depends if you think Jesus sinned.

Jesus befriended many sinners.

The question you have to ask isnt "is this sin" (In anything, not just this matter) but "is this of benefit to His Kingdom" and "Is this going to draw me away from Christ, draw me closer to Christ, draw someone else to Him or push someone further away from him" ?

That is a question you must take to God, not to man. It is EASY for man to justify sin, we as humans have done so since Adam.

There must be a mutual respect and understanding on both parties.
1) you have to respect their right to live a lifestyle they choose. God does not interfere with free will, who are we to try?
2) They must rsspect your right to strongly disagree in thier lifestyle.

Being friends and loving your neighbor isnt sinful, but IF there is not a mutual respect and you begin to waiver in your values... then it is not something that will benefit you if you find yourself in opposition to God by saying ANYTHIBG that He calls sin as "okay"

Without that respect, your "friendship" will be a minefield.

Walk in love, but if your hand causes you to sin... cut it off. How much more would Jesus not say "If your friend causes you to sin... cut them off"?

IF you can stand, calling sin as it is AND be a positive influence in their life, being kind and loving, but firm and grounded in principles... I see only benefit

Upvote 0

MasterYourLife

Jun 26, 2019
LONDON
✟13,032.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You can be friends with someone and not support their every choice. You can love someone and still let them know you do not approve their choices. I am sure you have friends that partake in other sins ( whether you know about them or not. does that mean that you are not friends with them?
Don't take it from me, take it from God.
"Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himself an enemy of God."
James 4:4

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himself an enemy of God."

We're talking about people here...not the world (fallen system) or certain sins. Love all people...period.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IF you love the world or anyone in it.... MORE than you love God... THAT is what that verse refers to.

IF God wanted us to HATE the world, Jesus wouldnt have added "Love your neighbor as yourself" after "Love God with all your heart, soul and mind."

He would have left it at "Love God".

Matthew 22:36-40

To take the verse you chose as absolutely 100% literal is to say that God wants you to hate your wife, parents and children.
Luke 14:26.

Also, if we were to HATE... why

1 John 3:15

We are to LOATHE the sin (ALL SIN) but love the sinner, in mercy, love and kindness. To choose mercy as Jesus showed us mercy... not to take another by the throat after we ourselves were pardoned of our debit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are to LOATHE the sin (ALL SIN) but love the sinner, in mercy, love and kindness. To choose mercy as Jesus showed us mercy... not to take another by the throat after we ourselves were pardoned of our debit.

Amen!

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status