USA
✟19,181.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There was a time where a man said the same thing about blacks. Things do change. It’s wrong to say it in other places. You can say it in your church and other places but not in places you work. Church and state are separate and always have been. Companies can hire or fire people because they don’t want backlash. So it’s all about how you do it. You can say being gay is a sin but it’s oftbe how you do it

There is also the fact of course the science of sexuality. Some people are born different. Some how no attraction to any sex. I mean if science can prove being gay is nature than how should we look at that?

Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,103.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is none of our business who someone sleeps with ( as long as both parties are of age).

And that's why I'm ready to fight for children rights when it comes to pedophilia and child marriage EVEN if it will be a fight to death.

Children are always valuable and there is not a single bit of acceptance or tolerance that I'm ready to show towards someone who wants to harm them.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Just preach the TRUTH! That doesn't mean you stop preaching the truth, it means you move on from those who will not "receive" it (2nd Thessalonians 2:10) to the next opportunity. We don't deliberately offend anyone, but offenses will come regardless.

Matthew 15:11-14
  • "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
  • Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
  • But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
  • Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."
You think the Pharisees were pleased at hearing Christ saying, "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees?" No, not at all. But it's something which had to be said, regardless. Why? Because it is the leaven, it is the "DOCTRINES" that will destroy the Holy people. Unfortunately, few understand that today. Because they think they should be all about compassion, love and peace as "they themselves" define those terms.

I don't think anybody here said that homosexuality is moral. The OP asked if we are sinning by being a friend to such...do you have any gay (or otherwise sinful) friends?

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
How about this would you follow what the Apostle said to do about a person who says he is a brother (christian) who is living an immoral lifestyle?
v11, Paul tells us to not fellowship with them, so not be friendly.
Does this grate against your flesh or can you say amen?
Paul says such persons are EVIL.

1 Corinthians 5
9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.

11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And that's why I'm ready to fight for children rights when it comes to pedophilia and child marriage EVEN if it will be a fight to death.

Children are always valuable and there is not a single bit of acceptance or tolerance that I'm ready to show towards someone who wants to harm them.
then you need to define children because in most areas the age of consent is 16 ( which is two years lower ( in most places) than the age of majority.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2019
Texas
✟46,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not a sin at all. It's not an easy path, especially since out culture has a false dichotomy of condonation and hatred, but hopefully your friendship will eventually lead them to want to know God more.

I am unsure if there is more of it or if people just come OUT more there is a difference.
Yeah, if we're honest, I don't think it's so much a sudden wave of LGBT people springing up so much as it is people feel like it's more okay to talk about. There's nothing new under the sun, after all. Either way, our culture worships the flesh in such a way that coming out in today's world is still not great because it's assumed that the only way anyone can be fulfilled is through sex, and anyone who says otherwise (including and especially same-sex attracted folks who say otherwise) get brushed off or shouted down.

• Agree
Reactions: actionsub
Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,103.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There was a time where a man said the same thing about blacks. Things do change. It’s wrong to say it in other places. You can say it in your church and other places but not in places you work. Church and state are separate and always have been. Companies can hire or fire people because they don’t want backlash. So it’s all about how you do it. You can say being gay is a sin but it’s oftbe how you do it

There is also the fact of course the science of sexuality. Some people are born different. Some how no attraction to any sex. I mean if science can prove being gay is nature than how should we look at that?

Science can be rigged. Homosexuality was seen as a mental disorder by the American Psychological Association. Then they classified it as natural.

Pedophilia is classified now as a mental disorder. So here resides the danger of rigged science.

I read about it before that there is a lot of rigging in the gender science to please the LGBT community or something along those lines. So yes. Science is not God. It can be rigged.

I thought this thread was about befriending homosexual people? Why are we discussing homosexuality itself now?

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
How about this would you follow what the Apostle said to do about a person who says he is a brother (christian) who is living an immoral lifestyle?
v11, Paul tells us to not fellowship with them, so not be friendly.
Does this grate against your flesh or can you say amen?
Paul says such persons are EVIL.

1 Corinthians 5
9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.

11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

This is also a different topic.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

And yet another topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't think anybody here said that homosexuality is moral. The OP asked if we are sinning by being a friend to such...do you have any gay (or otherwise sinful) friends?

All of my friends are sinners like me. If they recognize it as sin and repent from it and ask for forgiveness. That is fine with me. Homosexuality is different which is why God considered it as an abomination for a reason where people will NOT feel or recognize it as sin or something they need to repent from. Some will even say that you can be Christian and still be gay and say , "God loves everyone." Then no, I do not want them to be my friends. Yet, many professed Christians accept them and welcome them into their church.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
All of my friends are sinners like me. If they recognize it as sin and repent from it and ask for forgiveness. That is fine with me. Homosexuality is different which is why God considered it as an abomination for a reason where people will NOT feel or recognize it as sin or something they need to repent from. Some will even say that you can be Christian and still be gay and say , "God loves everyone." Then no, I do not want them to be my friends. Yet, many professed Christians accept them and welcome them into their church.

I understand the OP to be addressing unbelievers.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, some of us do. But that's not a position that can be discussed in this forum, under the rules. It's also not helpful to the OP, who clearly doesn't feel that way.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, some of us do. But that's not a position that can be discussed in this forum, under the rules. It's also not helpful to the OP, who clearly doesn't feel that way.

So...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I consider myself lucky that I've never had homosexual desires. I've committed many sins in my life but homosexuality has never been one of them. That being said I try to understand people who do have homosexual urges. I have one friend who is a girl and is bisexual. She's considering just becoming a lesbian because of her luck with men. (Honestly if she wasn't do picky in her taste in men she wouldn't get jerked around so much). She isn't a Christian but has been raised christian her whole life. But yeah I try to be loving and supportive of her whole lifestyle but it's really hard. Especially when I dlnt agree with it and I dont share her homosexual urges. Another friend thatI used to have stopped being my friend because I kept calling her "she" and "her" and calling her a woman. She was born a woman she had female parts but to her she was not a woman. She wanted to be neutral gendered. So we fought a lot about that. Just... idk... you try to be loving and supportive but it's just really really hard.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was this a statement or question or both? Whats written? "Can two walk together, except they be agreed". Understand this? And also "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness" and "But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat"

Do you believe the 12 apostles words? Then "And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed."

Yes just WHO did Jesus seen with. To be friends? To show the world how EVIL they were? He came to call the sinner to repent. When He said "you being evil know how to give good gifts to your children" You think He was ONLY talking to religious leaders? When the took Him.. what did He say? "If this was my kingdom my servants would fight". What did He call those that believed in Him? Friends and? NOT of this world.

When you see people what do you see? I have to say something now when asked. I prayed to see people though His eyes. What He show'd me as He was crying was.. I didnt see lost or saved. But He was crying so hard because NO ONE knew how much He loved them. Satan is the enemy. Your WITH GOD and Christ or your with Satan. Christ said it.. there is no middle ground. We serve one or the other no? If I am not with God then who am I with? No side? No middle ground. This middle ground..never came from God.

So.. say I meet someone Gay what ever. SIN is not what I shove in there face. If some how we are going to be some kind of friends. They will know JESUS Christ is where my heart is and I will love to talk about Him. But to just be friends with.. goes against the word of God.. as I read it and understand it. If they need help..anything of the like.. be there in a heart beat. NEVER will I judge or condemn them. I am not there God. But they WILL every time around me KNOW something is different. They will get convicted by the sweet sweet Holy Spirit because they do not know Christ. They are NOT my enemy.

There is a classic saying or silly.. yet so true. You might be the only Jesus they ever see or hear from. You DONT know if you or them could be gone in the next 5 min. Did you even talk about JESUS? Did we really LOVE THEM as He does? He WOULD DOES STILL tell them. There is NOTHING else. After this life what happens? And like it or not believe it or not. If I know to share and dont.. they pass away NOT knowing Christ. I WILL answer to a GOD about HIS creation that HE will never see again. I truly don't know. I will help gay or what ever..any time they ask. Again never judge them nor condemn them. Love them.. To just be friends? Not what the word says. I follow Christ what He says.. not what I feel or how I personally believe. Its HIS word.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Is it a sin to befriend someone who is homosexual, spits on the Most High God (not figuratively, consciously and knowingly) by openly affirming sexuality in spite of what s/he knows the Most High God to say?

Actually, no. The sin would be foolishness on your part - like succumbing to some things you know to be wrong, or encouraging them. Friends are strange entities... several of enemies have become my best friends. Being friendly is a fruit of the spirit; you just have to make sure to be wise as a serpent, and gentle as a dove.

Other than that, as someone already said, you are likely friends with some evil and abominable people already (according to the standard of the Most High God). Our job is to live like the Redeemer so that people will know we are candle lights of the Most High God.

Now, on the other hand, if you try to force someone to come to the Most High God through your (perhaps well meaning) compulsions to call out, and change their sin... that could be a problem. You could be a stumbling block for someone at a critical point in their sealing.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0