Is it a sign of no faith to be anxious about future even though I know Bible says not to fear?

Basil the Great

Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Most of us have fears and doubts at different times. You can bet that during the Worldwide Depression of the 1930's and with the horrors of WW II that followed, that fear and anxiety was rampant. I dare say that few Christians are completely relaxed about the future, even in the 2010's. Happy 2018 by the way! May God give us all a sense of peace today.

• Prayers
Reactions: DavidMil
Upvote 0

Sola1517

Saint-in-Progress (Looking for a Church)
Jun 27, 2016
Don't ask
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know Bible says not to have anxiety and to always trust G-d(we are more valuable than sparrows,ecc) but I can't feel completely relaxed about future ,especially job ( I am still at university)
Not a sign of no faith, but a sign of uncertainty. Philippians 4:19

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No matter how surrendered we aspire to be we still have responsibilities which carry consequences with them. It is always easy to see God's hand perfectly arranging events in hindsight but it really is quite terrifying walking the tightrope blindfolded and simply reminding ones self that God is right there when we start wobbling. No advice, only empathy. Everything will happen as it is meant to according to the perfect divine planning of Lord Jesus Christ, that is for sure :twohearts:

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I know Bible says not to have anxiety and to always trust G-d(we are more valuable than sparrows,ecc) but I can't feel completely relaxed about future ,especially job ( I am still at university)
Well, there was a time that Jesus was so emotionally distressed that he sweated blood.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is always easy to see God's hand perfectly arranging events in hindsight but it really is quite terrifying walking the tightrope blindfolded and simply reminding ones self that God is right there when we start wobbling.

It's been a real battle of my faith lately.
Two operations coming up soon -- one real scary one.
I hate this feeling and thinking weak in my faith.
M-Bob

Upvote 0