IS ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT GOD'S CHURCH?

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, because what you posted made no sense to what you where quoting from or at least I did not understand it so was asking for clarification.

Join the club of people who don't understand his replies to questions.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well that is not true. I am rejecting your interpretation of Israel in the flesh born of the seed of Abraham being the same as Gods' true Israel born of the Spirit under the new covenant who are all those now who believe and follow God's Word *see scriptures provided in the OP; e.g. Romans 9:6-8; Galatians 3:28-29; Romans 2:28-29.

I reject your Replacement Theology theories you follow. They have no basis in God's Holy Writ. The New Covenant was given to the seed of Israel first for a reason, which you obviously have not noticed. The fact that Christ's Salvation is also open to the believing Gentiles does not change God's promises and election to the seed of Israel. You will learn this when Lord Jesus comes and you fail to see your castle in the sky abode come true.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Join the club of people who don't understand his replies to questions.

It's easy to tell those who haven't done their Old Testament Book study. There's no way to understand about the "synagogue of Satan" without having studied the Old Testament first.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I reject your Replacement Theology theories you follow. They have no basis in God's Holy Writ. The New Covenant was given to the seed of Israel first for a reason, which you obviously have not noticed. The fact that Christ's Salvation is also open to the believing Gentiles does not change God's promises and election to the seed of Israel. You will learn this when Lord Jesus comes and you fail to see your castle in the sky abode come true.
For me I think the only replacement theology is the one your doing by trying to change Gods' Word into something it is not saying. I am sorry dear friend but the scriptures in the OP disagree with your teachings. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29. So I guess we will agree to disagree. Thanks for sharing your view though.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For me I think the only replacement theology is the one your doing by trying to change Gods' Word into something it is not saying. I am sorry dear friend but the scriptures in the OP disagree with your teachings. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29. So I guess we will agree to disagree. Thanks for sharing your view though.

Your statements that you disagree, and accusations that God's Word says something different than what I'm saying, are ALL... just your opinions without providing any Scripture evidence to the contrary. All you've done is act like a stuck record on the Romans 2:28-29 verses, and got angry because I wouldn't bite on your bait.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your statements that you disagree, and accusations that God's Word says something different than what I'm saying, are ALL... just your opinions without providing any Scripture evidence to the contrary. All you've done is act like a stuck record on the Romans 2:28-29 verses, and got angry because I wouldn't bite on your bait.
I was never angry with you at all Davy. I am not sure why you are pretending that I am or was? There is a detailed scripture response already provided in the OP. Romans 2:28-29 are only a few of many scriptures provided showing who God's true Israel is in the covenants. As posted earlier God's Israel in the new covenant are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham but all those who are now born again into God's new covenant promise in the Spirit *Romans 9:6-8; Galatians 3:28-29. What is it in the scriptures provided there that you do not believe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't call you any names. I pointed out how you MISQUOTED ME! So don't try to hide your guilt by trying to project that onto me.

What do you think this was?

Thanks for showing your TRUE COLORS OF DISHONESTY for all to see!

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you confirm it was "intentional"? Are you a mind reader?

It doesn't take a lot of common sense to 'see' plainly how you misquoted me, chopping up my sentence to make it appear like I said something I didn't (which is what misquoting means, in case you are ignorant of that meaning.)

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one can read minds except God that is why we should never judge anyone.

Yep, it takes a certain wisdom for one to recognize that what seems plain and clear to you is ONLY to you, and our own view is subjected to numerous cognitive biasness.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yep, it takes a certain wisdom for one to recognize that what seems plain and clear to you is ONLY to you, and our own view is subjected to numerous cognitive biasness.
Yes, wisdom comes from God alone through his Word and spirit. We cannot know the truth of God's Word without his Word or His Spirit according to the scriptures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Hi all, I would like to know your thoughts on who you believe God's ISRAEL is under the NEW COVENANT?

The Lost Ten Tribes: Lost Sheep of the House of Israel

Hosea 1:6-10 And she conceived again, and bore a daughter. And He said to him, Call her name, Unpitied: for I will no more have mercy on the house of Israel, but will surely set myself in array against them. 7 But I will have mercy on the house of Juda ... and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said to them, Ye are not My people, even they shall be called the sons of the living God.LXX

1 Peter 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the stranger Diaspora throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
1 Peter 2:9-10 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvellous light: 10 Which in time past [were] not a people, but [are] now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Matthew 4:15-17 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the nation; 4:16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

Matthew 10:5-7 These Twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 10:6 But go rather to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel. 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth Me no more; but ye see Me: because I live, ye shall live also. 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in My Father, and ye in Me, and I in you. 14:21 He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Matthew 26:20 Now when the even was come, He sat down with the Twelve. 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the Disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is My body. 26:27 And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 26:28 For this is My blood of the New Covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

• Winner
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN
Keeping it simple:
The synagogue of Satan was a group of unbelieving Jews that say they are Jews (the people of God), who were persecuting Christians. They were slandering the church in Smyrna and opposing the church in Philadelphia in some way.

The New Testament church faced persecution for believing in Jesus the Messiah; persecution that came from the unbelieving Jewish community as well as from the Roman world during the first century.

In reality, by rejecting the Jewish Messiah, they have renounced their status as “true” Jews, and that is why Jesus calls them “liars.” This distinction between ethnic Jews and faithful Jews is also seen in Romans 9:6 and 2:28-29....
  • “Not all who are descended from Israel are Israel” and
  • “For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter”.
By their persecution of the true people of God, these unbelieving Jews had become a synagogue of Satan.

In the letters to the early Christian churches of Smyrna and Philadelphia in Revelation 2:9 and 3:9, reference is made to a synagogue of Satan in each case referring to a group persecuting the church "who say they are Jews and are not".

And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of the first and the last, who was dead and came to life: I know your affliction and your poverty, even though you are rich. I know the slander on the part of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Revelation 2:8-9

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write... "I know your works. Look, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but are lying; I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and they will learn that I have loved you." - Revelation 3:7-9

These verses should never be used to imply that it is ok to hate Jews for us in modern times any more than it would have been for the persecuted Jewish Christians to hate anyone as the Golden Rule says. After all Jesus and Paul were ethnic Jews as well as the apostles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hmm

Hey, I'm just this guy, you know
Sep 27, 2019
Shropshire
✟186,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
These verses should never be used to imply that it is ok to hate Jews for us in modern times

Indeed, and it is actually a criminal offense to make such a statement in most European countries.

Upvote 0

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"synagogue of Satan"
PART 2
After I posted my #677 above I checked other versions and it too was very informative as you can get a better understanding of how other Bible translators translated the last part of it from the Greek text.

KJ21 - ... but are the synagogue of Satan.
AMP - ...are a synagogue of Satan [they are Jews only by blood, and do not believe and truly honor the God whom they claim to worship].
CJB... on the contrary, they are a synagogue of the Adversary.
CEV... But they are not really Jews. They are a group that belongs to Satan.
ERV... But they are not true Jews. They are a group that belongs to Satan.
TLB... that they are Jewsthe children of God—but they aren’t, for they support the cause of Satan.
MSG...those who pretend to be good Jews, who in fact belong to Satan’s crowd.
NABRE...but rather are members of the assembly of Satan.
NCB...but are actually members of the synagogue of Satan.
NIRV...I know that their words are evil. Their worship comes from Satan.
NLT...because their synagogue belongs to Satan.
NMB...but are the congregation of Satan.
NTE...They are nothing of the kind. They are a satan-synagogue.
TPT...for they are a satanic congregation.
WE... They belong to Satan's people.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Keeping it simple:
The synagogue of Satan was a group of unbelieving Jews that say they are Jews (the people of God), who were persecuting Christians. They were slandering the church in Smyrna and opposing the church in Philadelphia in some way.

The New Testament church faced persecution for believing in Jesus the Messiah; persecution that came from the unbelieving Jewish community as well as from the Roman world during the first century.

In reality, by rejecting the Jewish Messiah, they have renounced their status as “true” Jews, and that is why Jesus calls them “liars.” This distinction between ethnic Jews and faithful Jews is also seen in Romans 9:6 and 2:28-29....
  • “Not all who are descended from Israel are Israel” and
  • “For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter”.
By their persecution of the true people of God, these unbelieving Jews had become a synagogue of Satan.

In the letters to the early Christian churches of Smyrna and Philadelphia in Revelation 2:9 and 3:9, reference is made to a synagogue of Satan in each case referring to a group persecuting the church "who say they are Jews and are not".

And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of the first and the last, who was dead and came to life: I know your affliction and your poverty, even though you are rich. I know the slander on the part of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Revelation 2:8-9

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write... "I know your works. Look, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but are lying; I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and they will learn that I have loved you." - Revelation 3:7-9

These verses should never be used to imply that it is ok to hate Jews for us in modern times any more than it would have been for the persecuted Jewish Christians to hate anyone as the Golden Rule says. After all Jesus and Paul were ethnic Jews as well as the apostles.

Jesus called them sons of the devil. How can they be Abraham's seed and never have been in bondage? They were Edomites, and/or from Ishmael or Keturah. Since Edomites had been made proselytes by the Maccabees, they became none other than Jews... says Josephus. But I doubt that God would see it that way, since He says, Esau I hated.

John 8:33 They answered Him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

They just didn't do what Abraham did... can't change your DNA, since God knows what He made you. Can't pretend that the Everlasting Covenant of Genesis 17:13 is over, either.

Paul was a Benjamite... not a Judahite. And Jesus wasn't an apostle, either.

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
(Ioudaios = Judaean)
Acts 21:39 But Paul said, I am a man [which am] a Jew of Tarsus, [a city] in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.
Philippians 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, [of] the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Kinda hard to see how Paul considered himself a Judaean, since he came from Tarsus of the tribe of Benjamin... but this must be the first place where the whole 12 tribes started calling themselves Jews... or rather, Ioudaios... since the name Jew seems to be connected with the theology called Judaism, today:

"Pharisaism became Talmudism, Talmudism became Medieval Rabbinism, and Medieval Rabbinism became Modern Rabbinism."--rabbi Finkelstein, The Pharisees
Full text of "The Pharisees The Sociological Background Of Their Faith Volume I"

Upvote 0