May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It this posted somewhere else, feel free to delete this and direct me.

I know God wants us to respect everyone's god, but I feel Mohamed just invented
Islam so he could get away with being creepy.

I don't feel Islam is legitimate. I don't feel any religion that honors any other god than God is real.

Islam gets some things technically right, which is good.

But the Allah of Islam is not God the Father. The similarities are great, but they are not the same god.

Muslim piety and devotion is admirable. They take their faith very seriously. But the only Way is through Christ. One cannot both believe the lies and half-truths about Him in the Quran and also believe in the record of the New Testament. One must, ultimately, make a choice.

Islam *can* launch a soul into Christian Faith by bringing Christ, even a blurry, semi-falsified image of Christ, into the forefront. And forcing a person to ask "who is He?".

Islam emphasizes prayer, fasting, almsgiving, and devotion to one god, which are all, objectively, good things. But apart from Christ, they can't bring us anywhere. So, a Muslim must take a step outside of the bounds of Islam, to be saved. Trust in Christ to save him / her, and follow Him, as one would devotedly follow God, in flesh. So, one must leave Islam, ultimately.

Reactions: markp5
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't feel Islam is legitimate. I don't feel any religion that honors any other god than God is real.
Islam has becone a very real religion.
Its just not the truth.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The God of the Bible is the God of Islam. Allah is just the Arabic word for God, similar to rabbi being the Hebrew word for priest.
Arabic-speaking Christians do call God the Father "Allah", that is true, or use the word "Allah" to describe the Triune God.

But the Allah of the Quran, and of Islam, is not, can not be, God the Father.

Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The God of the Bible is the God of Islam. Allah is just the Arabic word for God, similar to rabbi being the Hebrew word for priest.
No they are not the same. The God of the Bible is different from the god of Islam.
John 1:1," in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" VS "Jesus Christ, the son of Mary was no more than an apostle of God"(Sura 19:92).
They deny the deity of Christ and the trinity. This is the center of Christianity-that Jesus Christ(God in the flesh) died for our sins.

The god of Islam judges men according to their deeds and salvation is by works;
"They whose balances shall be heavy shall be blest. But they whose balances shall be light, they shall lose their soul, abiding in hell forever "(Sura 13:102-104).
Vs
Ephesians 2:8-9,
“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
‭‭
The god of Islam is in direct contradiction to the God of the Bible who is full of mercy. If you deny salvation by grace through faith and the deity of Jesus Christ (which is the gospel) & the Trinity, you are false.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The god of Islam is also said to be light, I think you will find him to be the same as the shining one or the god of this world. He makes things look good but it can't last. This is the very same as Satan contrasting Christianity, making it look close to the same. They even have a Jesus but he is not our Jesus. I said in another post, Islam teaches that their Jesus will come back on a white horse and rule from the new temple for 7 years after which time our ( to them) false Jesus will come and be defeated by their's after a huge battle. Just reverse the accounts of revelation and Islam wins according to them. This without doubt is not the God of Abraham. They are opposed. It looks good on the surface, don't be deceived.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Muslims will tell you, and have told me, that the god of the Quran is the same god as the God of the Bible, but consider that pre-Islamic Arabs worshiped a god they called "Al-Allah," and it was a moon god.

Some think the Quran should be added to the OT and the NT, but their gods/Gods do not line up as the same Person.

The Quran is an errant scripture that pieces together who God is through a mix of influences and it should not be considered as a continuation of the biblical narrative or part of the biblical canon.

Etymologically speaking Allah is the direct translation of Eloahh (biblical word for God) or Elahh (same, just in Aramaic used in books like Daniel). There may have been some pagan roots to the name pre-islam but Muhammad was vehemently monotheistic and his early years was about de-paganizing the Arabs and getting them on board a "one God" system. The name used is less important than how it is being us. Allah is strongly established by Arab speaking Christians long before Muhammad came into the picture so we shouldn't be picking at the name or its pagan roots (definitely the kettle calling the pot black for English such our word for "God")

When we consider looking at Allah and Yahweh as the same God consider first do we worship the same God as the Jews? Do you think the Jews agree with this? Do you think they agree with our understanding of God or our newer revelation? They, in fact, don't agree to any of this, yet we do worship the same God. There is only 1 God, there is no such thing as a separate Jewish God, Christian God or Muslim God and if we are to say that Muslims do not worship the same God then what they worship is not a god at all, but an idol, the same can be said about Jews. I am not saying that the Quran is an inspired text but perhaps it can be said that Muslims worship the same referent of God that we do, even if they get parts of it wrong and their understanding of God does not lead to salvation.

just ask a bunch of witnesses to a crime and see what confusing mess of information you get. Within all that mess are sharp contrasts and many things that may not have happened or do not depict the crime but also within it is truth it is just a truth that has been lost through human eyes and memory. The CCTV will reveal what actually happened but even though some or all witnesses got things wrong they are all describing the same event just errantly.

Muslims can be reached with Christ and there are effective ways of doing it using their own scripture and traditions. Paul tells us "To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings." this is the key to sharing the gospel. Identify your mission, become those people and share the gospel in ways they can take hold of. I'm not saying become Muslim, we are still bound by Christ, but we can cast off our own identify and become something closer to our mission so that we can reach them more effectively. We do this for the sake of the gospel nor ourselves or our need to fix people first before they can be ready for the gospel.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Muhammed claimed that Jesus was not crucified by the Jews, Muhammad claimed that the Jews thought they had crucified Jesus but were mistaken. Here read what Muhammad had to say about the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

That they (the Jews) said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah "but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise. (Quran, sura 4 (An-Nisa) ayat 157)

Muhammad did not believe in the crucifixion and hence the resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is the fundamental error that is Islam, because Christianity itself is based on the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15).

Christianity was around five hundred years before Muhammad was even born. The salient point about Christianity is that the resurrection of the Christ did occur, Paul even said there were over 500 witnesses of the risen Christ.

The only realistic criticism of the historical death and resurrection of the Christ, is that Jesus was not actually dead when placed in the tomb.

For Muhammad to deny the crucifixion and the resurrection is not acceptable, as the resurrection most certainly did occur. This exposes Islam as a fictional religion generated by a fellow, that did not know the facts.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Islam worships the God of Abraham, just like Judaism and Christianity. Yes, there are many differences between Islam and Christianity, but it is still one of the three Monotheistic faiths. I do not think it is fair to simply call it a false religion. That is a huge generalization. After all, Islam does revere Jesus as a prophet.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Islam worships the God of Abraham, just like Judaism and Christianity. Yes, there are many differences between Islam and Christianity, but it is still one of the three Monotheistic faiths. I do not think it is fair to simply call it a false religion. That is a huge generalization. After all, Islam does revere Jesus as a prophet.
Islam arrived 500 years after the death and resurrection of the Jewish messiah. There can be no doubt that Christianity was based on the death and resurrection of the Christ.

Muhammad denied the crucifixion and resurrection of the Christ which is impossible to deny. There were far too many witnesses in the first century to deny that Jesus was crucified.

Muhammad had conflicting reports presented to him regarding the death and resurrection of the messiah.

"and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not"

Muhammad is talking to people who had 'no certain knowledge', this triggered Muhammad's denial of the crucifixion. The doubts presented caused Muhammad's reaction, unfortunate but true. Muhammad was relying on incomplete testimony, not the facts.

Upvote 0

worshipjunkie

Dec 30, 2018
Springfield
✟27,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When we consider looking at Allah and Yahweh as the same God consider first do we worship the same God as the Jews? Do you think the Jews agree with this? Do you think they agree with our understanding of God or our newer revelation? They, in fact, don't agree to any of this, yet we do worship the same God. There is only 1 God, there is no such thing as a separate Jewish God, Christian God or Muslim God and if we are to say that Muslims do not worship the same God then what they worship is not a god at all, but an idol, the same can be said about Jews. I am not saying that the Quran is an inspired text but perhaps it can be said that Muslims worship the same referent of God that we do, even if they get parts of it wrong and their understanding of God does not lead to salvation.

I know this is Catholic teaching (is it Eastern Orthodox as well?), but it seems pretty clearly false.

God is one God, eternally existent in three persons. Neither the Jews nor the Muslims believe that. So, yes, the Jews and Muslims are worshipping false gods. Even if they call themselves children of Abraham. Jesus had pretty strong words for the Jews in the Bible who did what modern Jews and Muslims do in trying to claim themselves children of Abraham while rejecting Him. Read John 8:39-59 (I can't seem to get it to copy and paste).

Do I really need to provide the Scriptures showing that Jesus is necessary for salvation, and that He who sees Him has seen the Father, and He who rejects the Son, the wrath of God rests on Him?

• Agree
Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ironic that just a day after a horrific mass shooting of actual Muslims, here we are talking about a religion in the abstract.
Islam is in the news everyday of the week, look at Syria. In fact, Islam has been appearing in the news for a very long time.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Islam is in the news everyday of the week, look at Syria. In fact, Islam has been appearing in the news for a very long time.

A self-professed Christian nationalist group attacked two mosques and killed 49 people.

So this is why we should not talk about Islam in the abstract. A Muslim could be your neighbor. They are not demons following false religions, they are people with different religions. And it isn't right to try to lie or engage in propaganda about their religion, as that is disrespectful to who they are.

Upvote 0

worshipjunkie

Dec 30, 2018
Springfield
✟27,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A self-professed Christian nationalist group attacked two mosques and killed 49 people.

So this is why we should not talk about Islam in the abstract. A Muslim could be your neighbor. They are not demons following false religions, they are people with different religions. And it isn't right to try to lie or engage in propaganda about their religion, as that is disrespectful to who they are.

Where do you get the idea that because we say it's false, because we know they need Jesus to be saved just as we did, that we therefore would see the Muslim next door as a demon? And where is anyone lying- Islam is plenty damning on its own. It's a false charity that refuses to call something false for what it is. Or do you not believe Jesus is the only way to salvation?

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I know this is Catholic teaching (is it Eastern Orthodox as well?), but it seems pretty clearly false.

God is one God, eternally existent in three persons. Neither the Jews nor the Muslims believe that. So, yes, the Jews and Muslims are worshipping false gods. Even if they call themselves children of Abraham. Jesus had pretty strong words for the Jews in the Bible who did what modern Jews and Muslims do in trying to claim themselves children of Abraham while rejecting Him. Read John 8:39-59 (I can't seem to get it to copy and paste).

Do I really need to provide the Scriptures showing that Jesus is necessary for salvation, and that He who sees Him has seen the Father, and He who rejects the Son, the wrath of God rests on Him?
Vatican II documents state that "The plan of salvation includes the Muslims." Now to be fair, the Catholic Church has never explained exactly what that means. However, there is little doubt but what the Catholic Church does believe that Muslims worship the God of Abraham.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Where do you get the idea that because we say it's false, because we know they need Jesus to be saved just as we did, that we therefore would see the Muslim next door as a demon? And where is anyone lying- Islam is plenty damning on its own. It's a false charity that refuses to call something false for what it is. Or do you not believe Jesus is the only way to salvation?

I believe Jesus is bigger than Christianity or any "ism", and he's definitely not identified with "Christendom". I believe there is alot of heat generated by some politicians and oppurtunistic preachers about Islam, and it makes it hard to think seriously about our obligations to our Muslim neighbors and to treat them with consideration.

Upvote 0