US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it normal Christianity to think of oneself as being more innocent than Jesus at times?
I think Jesus is the most innocent because he is God but I feel Jesus does see us as very innocent, because he is the shepherd and we are the sheep.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What I meant was that sometimes I think that He within me breaks boundaries that I wouldn't think of pursuing ... maybe that's what personal growth is on another level of truth that if I hadn't asked I would never have known.

• Agree
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What I meant was that sometimes I think that He within me breaks boundaries that I wouldn't think of pursuing ... maybe that's what personal growth is on another level of truth that if I hadn't asked I would never have known.
And yet again it remains a debateable topic to me :scratch:

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I could agree with this from my experience...but I still would not equate that to His perfection. He is beyond comprehension, beyond experience or even the concept of experience...I am awed by how wonderful He is...but yes, He pulls us beyond the limits we we possible.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I could agree with this from my experience...but I still would not equate that to His perfection. He is beyond comprehension, beyond experience or even the concept of experience...I am awed by how wonderful He is...but yes, He pulls us beyond the limits we we possible.
Oh no way. I had thought that many would have that same experience.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh no way. I had thought that many would have that same experience.
I don’t know. I look to you often for spiritual guidance, and you are further along with your walk than am I. I know that I have experienced the Lord Jesus, that He has rescued me from death (both present and eternal), comforted me, loved me, and made me far more than I could ever imagine...but having been in the shadow of His righteousness, glory, love, and grace, all I can do is fall before Him and cry out “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner”. I can’t feel equal or better than Him in any way...but He said “...be perfect, just as your Father in Heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:48)...can we see glimpses of that here? I don't know....

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don’t know. I look to you often for spiritual guidance, and you are further along with your walk than am I. I know that I have experienced the Lord Jesus, that He has rescued me from death (both present and eternal), comforted me, loved me, and made me far more than I could ever imagine...but having been in the shadow of His righteousness, glory, love, and grace, all I can do is fall before Him and cry out “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner”. I can’t feel equal or better than Him in any way...but He said “...be perfect, just as your Father in Heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:48)...can we see glimpses of that here? I don't know....
I'm in awe mostly ... the more I'm focused on Him the more amazing things I find in Christ's character.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes with you too..

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm in awe mostly ... the more I'm focused on Him the more amazing things I find in Christ's character.
Agreed...which is perhaps why even at my best, and even imputed with His righteousness and innocence, that I cannot stand before Him, and certainly not think my innocence greater than His...but I have hopes that He will perfect me, unworthy as I am, then perhaps, through Him, I will be equal in innocence...but, forgive me, Lord, I am not there yet.

(Edited to correct spelling)

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes with you too..
Maybe we walk together...it is enough. He has blessed me with your company, and I am content. It is pleasant to have companions on this journey...

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would think, “no”...at best, we strive to emulate the Master, but can never equal Him.

(But what do I know?)
I must point out, too, though, that you ask “is it normal?”...on that question, I would say that most experiences with the Holy Spirit, and many experiences as a Christian, are not “normal”. God defies the normal. Is it wrong or immoral? I would think not, if guided by the Spirit, and knowing that the source of any innocence or righteousness we have is Him, but I speak from an extrapolation of my limited experience, not with any authority...

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Is it normal Christianity to think of oneself as being more innocent than Jesus at times?
I've never heard anybody suggest they were more innocent than Jesus. Nobody but Jesus ever lived an entire life without sinning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Agreed...which is perhaps why even at my best, and even imputed with His righteousness and innocence, that I cannot stand before Him, and certainly not think my innocence greater than His...but I have hopes that He will perfect me, unworthy as I am, then perhaps, through Him, I will be equal in innocence...but, forgive me, Lord, I am not there yet.

(Edited to correct spelling)
I don't think myself more innocent in the sense of less sinful cause I don't think He can lead into sin. But in the sense that I wouldn't do some things without feeling led to do so. Then kinda wondering if that wasn't more of an investment than I would normally venture. And then wondering if I wanted to deal with what remained of cause and effect. Or sometimes I just bring it on myself.

I appreciate what your saying and believe me the feeling is fleeting. But I get that others think it's abnormal cause that's what is the usual norm .... anyway, if that's a sin I confess

Upvote 0