No
✟32,311.00
Country
Western Sahara
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
He is busy so I have not being able to talk to him.

I would try to get a hold of him at some point between now and then. It's not like it will demand a huge amount of his time to ask. It's usual to fast from food and water for some time before recieving communion, but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head how long that is supposed to be as I tend not to eat or drink anything from going to sleep on Saturday to recieving the Gifts. Again it's probably something to ask your priest.

• Informative
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I would try to get a hold of him at some point between now and then. It's not like it will demand a huge amount of his time to ask. It's usual to fast from food and water for some time before recieving communion, but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head how long that is supposed to be as I tend not to eat or drink anything from going to sleep on Saturday to recieving the Gifts. Again it's probably something to ask your priest.
I will see if I can ask for a few minutes of his time when I get to Church

Upvote 0

Lawrence87

Jan 23, 2021
No
✟32,311.00
Country
Western Sahara
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you can't ask the priest, I'd go with asking some of the people in the parish who likely have some idea of what he expects. But it's unlikely he will be that busy that he cannot answer you, you might just have to linger for a bit

I will see if I can ask for a few minutes of his time when I get to Church

• Agree
Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Our church calendar (I presume published by GOARCH or our Diocese) shows a strict fast, as in any other day of Lent or strict fast Friday.
Your parish my vary, in that case inquire within.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,244.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard that either you don't eat the whole day or that it is a regular Lenten-kind of fast.

What's the correct answer?

Friday being the sixth day of labor which man was created in gathers a double portion so that he may enter into Gods rest on the seventh day ....

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Friday being the sixth day of labor which man was created in gathers a double portion so that he may enter into Gods rest on the seventh day ....

that's not what we're talking about

Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I checked the books and it says that it should be nothing, unless you need to eat and then it's bread and wine.

I know I am a taaaad late in posting this, but I guess for future reference.

Upvote 0

abacabb3

Jul 14, 2013
✟82,070.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A little late to the punch, but it is canonically a strict fast, no water either. However, spiritual fathers may allow condecensions to weakness, work, or even not allow something due to prelest (though this is overdone, you never see the saints trying to enforce spiritual mediocrity). Most priests honestly don't care about every bit of food put in or not put in your mouth. It is wise before any fast to get a blessing from the spiritual father to do this or that. If not, or you forget, do what you need to do and next time you confess let your spiritual father know what you did and why.

• Informative
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0