LDS Is Heavenly Mother God?

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God is a spirit. Within that spirit are the powers of dual nature that would include male female. I don't think that spirit would be offended if a believer in it preferred feminine identity for that spirit so that the woman believer could enter into relationship .
It isn't like spirit God is going to say, oh, she called me female! Let me strike her dead.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God is a spirit. Within that spirit are the powers of dual nature that would include male female. I don't think that spirit would be offended if a believer in it preferred feminine identity for that spirit so that the woman believer could enter into relationship .
It isn't like spirit God is going to say, oh, she called me female! Let me strike her dead.

While I appreciate the thought it's not what Mormons are saying. We believe God is not just spirit any more than man is just spirit, we all have spirits dwelling with in our physical bodies. God is called Father because he is male and we have a Mother in Heaven and she is female.

• Haha
Reactions: lben
Upvote 0

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While I appreciate the thought it's not what Mormons are saying. We believe God is not just spirit any more than man is just spirit, we all have spirits dwelling with in our physical bodies. God is called Father because he is male and we have a Mother in Heaven and she is female.
I was reminiscing on what I believe as a non-Mormon. Not meaning to speak for the Mormon's and their polytheistic faith.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is LDS Heavenly Mother God?
Is she worthy of the same worship as Heavenly Father?
Is she worthy of the same worship as Jesus?

Hi all, the Apostasy was in fact worshiping a Mother Goddess aka "Queen of Heaven"

Jeremiah 44:15-28Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

15 There were many people from Judah living in southern Egypt. Many of the women from Judah were meeting together in a large group and making sacrifices to other gods, and their husbands knew what they were doing. Those men said to Jeremiah, 16 “We will not listen to the message from the Lord that you spoke to us. 17 We promised to make sacrifices to the Queen of Heaven , and we will do everything we promised. We will offer sacrifices and pour out drink offerings in worship to her. We did that in the past. Our ancestors, our kings, and our officials did that in the past. All of us did those things in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. When we worshiped the Queen of Heaven , we had plenty of food. We were successful. Nothing bad happened to us. 18 But then we stopped making sacrifices to the Queen of Heaven , and we stopped pouring out drink offerings to her. And we have had problems ever since we stopped worshiping her. Our people have been killed by war and hunger.”

19 Then the women spoke up[a] and said to Jeremiah, “Our husbands knew what we were doing. We had their permission to make sacrifices to the Queen of Heaven . We had their permission to pour out drink offerings to her. Our husbands also knew that we were making cakes that looked like her.”

20 Then Jeremiah spoke to all the men and women who told him these things. 21 He said, “The Lord remembered that you made sacrifices in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. You and your ancestors, your kings, your officials, and the people of the land did that. He remembered what you had done and thought about it. 22 The Lord hated the terrible things you did, and he could not be patient with you any longer. So he made your country an empty desert. No one lives there now. Other people say bad things about that country. 23 The reason all those bad things happened to you is that you made sacrifices to other gods. You sinned against the Lord. You didn’t obey him or follow his teachings or the laws he gave you. You didn’t keep your part of the agreement.

24 Then Jeremiah spoke to all the men and women. He said, “All you people of Judah who are now in Egypt, listen to this message from the Lord. 25 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of the people of Israel, says: ‘You women did what you said you would do. You said, “We will keep the promises we made. We promised to make sacrifices and pour out drink offerings to the Queen of Heaven .” So go ahead. Do what you promised you would do. Keep your promises.’ 26 But listen to this message from the Lord, all you people of Judah who are living in Egypt: ‘I, the Lord, use my own great name to make this promise: None of the people of Judah who are now living in Egypt will ever again use my name to make promises. They will never again say, “As surely as the Lord God lives ….” 27 I am watching over the people of Judah, but I am not watching over them to take care of them. I am watching over them to bring them harm. The people of Judah who live in Egypt will die from hunger or be killed in war until they are completely destroyed. 28 Some people of Judah will escape being killed by the sword. They will come back to Judah from Egypt. But only a few people of Judah will escape. Then the survivors of Judah who came to live in Egypt will know whose word proves to be true. They will know whether it was my word or their word that came true.

• Agree
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all, the Apostasy was in fact worshiping a Mother Goddess aka "Queen of Heaven"

Jeremiah 44:15-28Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

15 There were many people from Judah living in southern Egypt. Many of the women from Judah were meeting together in a large group and making sacrifices to other gods, and their husbands knew what they were doing. Those men said to Jeremiah, 16 “We will not listen to the message from the Lord that you spoke to us. 17 We promised to make sacrifices to the Queen of Heaven , and we will do everything we promised. We will offer sacrifices and pour out drink offerings in worship to her. We did that in the past. Our ancestors, our kings, and our officials did that in the past. All of us did those things in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. When we worshiped the Queen of Heaven , we had plenty of food. We were successful. Nothing bad happened to us. 18 But then we stopped making sacrifices to the Queen of Heaven , and we stopped pouring out drink offerings to her. And we have had problems ever since we stopped worshiping her. Our people have been killed by war and hunger.”

19 Then the women spoke up[a] and said to Jeremiah, “Our husbands knew what we were doing. We had their permission to make sacrifices to the Queen of Heaven . We had their permission to pour out drink offerings to her. Our husbands also knew that we were making cakes that looked like her.”

20 Then Jeremiah spoke to all the men and women who told him these things. 21 He said, “The Lord remembered that you made sacrifices in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. You and your ancestors, your kings, your officials, and the people of the land did that. He remembered what you had done and thought about it. 22 The Lord hated the terrible things you did, and he could not be patient with you any longer. So he made your country an empty desert. No one lives there now. Other people say bad things about that country. 23 The reason all those bad things happened to you is that you made sacrifices to other gods. You sinned against the Lord. You didn’t obey him or follow his teachings or the laws he gave you. You didn’t keep your part of the agreement.

24 Then Jeremiah spoke to all the men and women. He said, “All you people of Judah who are now in Egypt, listen to this message from the Lord. 25 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of the people of Israel, says: ‘You women did what you said you would do. You said, “We will keep the promises we made. We promised to make sacrifices and pour out drink offerings to the Queen of Heaven .” So go ahead. Do what you promised you would do. Keep your promises.’ 26 But listen to this message from the Lord, all you people of Judah who are living in Egypt: ‘I, the Lord, use my own great name to make this promise: None of the people of Judah who are now living in Egypt will ever again use my name to make promises. They will never again say, “As surely as the Lord God lives ….” 27 I am watching over the people of Judah, but I am not watching over them to take care of them. I am watching over them to bring them harm. The people of Judah who live in Egypt will die from hunger or be killed in war until they are completely destroyed. 28 Some people of Judah will escape being killed by the sword. They will come back to Judah from Egypt. But only a few people of Judah will escape. Then the survivors of Judah who came to live in Egypt will know whose word proves to be true. They will know whether it was my word or their word that came true.

This is why we believe the knowledge of her was withheld, she became the object of idol worship and turned into a god of lasciviousness rather than our Mother.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is offensive to the sensibilities.

The concept of a Heavenly Mother is offensive to many including myself. The Mormon concept that we are gods in embryo form is offensive to many including myself.

My question was whether as a child of Heavenly mother was a physical event (i.e. exiting her womb).

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
This is why we believe the knowledge of her was withheld, she became the object of idol worship and turned into a god of lasciviousness rather then our Mother.

In all my years in and out of the Mormon religion, no one ever told me that and that is not in your canon. The only excuse I ever heard was that the father god was protecting her from the disrespect of mortals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
In both testaments, there is abundant feminine imagery of God within a monotheistic context. More relevant to the discussion here is the ancient Jewish colony at Elephantine, an island on the Nile River, opposite Aswan, about 400 miles south of Cairo. Their documents from the late 5th century BC show that they worshiped both Yahweh and the goddess Ana-bethel. ,meaning "Anath, the house of El." Since in Hebraic culture, a wife is referred to as the husband's "house,"...Anath was understood as the God of Heaven's consort...Anath is often referred to as "the Lady of Heaven," especially in Egyptian culture." Like the Jews in Israel, the Elephantine Jews had their own Temple. The fact that these Jews had a feminine symbol of ultimate power meant that in many ways they had an equality with men that was sorely lacking in Israel. [Source: Leonard Swidler, "Biblical Affirmations of Woman," esp. p. 29.]

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
The concept of a Heavenly Mother is offensive to many including myself. The Mormon concept that we are gods in embryo form is offensive to many including myself.

My question was whether as a child of Heavenly mother was a physical event (i.e. exiting her womb).

So that gives you the right to make a deliberately crude and shocking statement?

• Agree
Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

Your Alli

Jan 24, 2017
Trinidad and Tobago
✟18,782.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is LDS Heavenly Mother God?
Is she worthy of the same worship as Heavenly Father?
Is she worthy of the same worship as Jesus?

A female, a woman is a human ... Therefore she died.

Christ is the only human in Heaven.
In Heaven exist, Christ the Lord and God the Father.

No matter how long a woman is remembered, Christ will always be remember forever.

Your Alli

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I don't know how spirits are created we just know they are clothed.

Why is having a Mother in Heaven offensive?

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I don't know how spirits are created we just know they are clothed.

Why is having a Mother in Heaven offensive?

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A female, a woman is a human ... Therefore she died.

Christ is the only human in Heaven.
In Heaven exist, Christ the Lord and God the Father.

No matter how long a woman is remembered, Christ will always be remember forever.

Your Alli
The LDS heavenly mother is a god/goddess wife of the LDS heavenly father. She has an unknown name. She is not Mary, wife of Joseph.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Biblically grace (sarah) is the heavenly mother seen in the New Jerusalem Ephesians 5:25-33, Galatians 4:26, Revelation 21:2, Revelation 21:9-10

Grace is the mother to the children of promise Genesis 21.1-8, Galatians 4:
27For it is written: “Rejoice, O barren woman, who bears no children; break forth and cry aloud, you who have never travailed; because more are the children of the desolate woman, than of her who has a husband.” 28Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of the promise. 29At that time, however, the son born by the flesh persecuted the son born by the Spirit. It is the same now.…

• Haha
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse

The word Elohim is a plural. However one should know when to make it singular when there is a singular pronoun in the sentence structure.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:.... So God created man in his own image, in the image of the Gods created he him; male and female created he them.

That is the way the structure of the sentence reads, you may not like it, mankind has denied if for thousands of years but it is the truth.

When Yahweh appears to Moses he did not know his name. Why is that?
Ex 6
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God/El Almighty/Shadday, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

In Mormon doctrine and I believe it is very Biblical Jehovah or Yahweh is Jesus in his spirit form. Because of the fall the mankind was separated from the Elohim(s), they never speak to mankind again except to say 'this is my beloved Son hear him'. Yahweh as the firstborn of the spirit is the mediator between mankind and the Elohim(s), El and Shadday

Gen 35
9 ¶And Gods appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padan-aram, and blessed him.
10 And Gods said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: ....
11 And God said unto him, I am God/El Almighty Shadday: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

I believe if we could pull back thousands of years of translation this would mean that Yahweh spoke to Jacob as if he was El and Shadday. Israel worshiped these three Gods up until they came back from captivity when El and Shadday were merged into one God eventually Yahweh and El were merged into one "strange god".

Four hundred years before Yahweh becomes Jesus he speaks to the Jews through his prophet Malachi and complains that they are bring polluted and blind sacrifices to his alter and then he quotes them as saying "I pray you, beseech El that he will be gracious unto us" and Yahweh says 'are you kidding, I'm not going to do it'. The Jews still retain the concept that Yahweh is the mediator between themselves and El.

In Mal 3 he scolds the apostate priest who have "departed out of the way". He reminds them
Have we not all one father? hath not one El created us? ...Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of Yahweh which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god."

This strange god became the god of the priestly class and those who rule the Sanhedrin, they literally married El and Yahweh into one god.

But, there were other sects of Jews who did retain the true knowledge of Gods.

"Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God/El; thou art the King of Israel/Yahweh."

Those who accept Jesus as their Messiah were those who kept this knowledge of the Father and the Son. The whole argument between Jesus and the priestly side of Judaism was that they did not know the Father if they knew him they would have accepted him.

Peter spoke of a "restitution of all things which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began". That means all the knowledge which Adam had clear down until Peter was killed. Joseph Smith restored to us the knowledge of our Heavenly Parents and our relationship to them, it's not another gospel it is the truth as Adam knew it.

• Haha
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Biblically grace (sarah) is the heavenly mother seen in the New Jerusalem Ephesians 5:25-33, Galatians 4:26, Revelation 21:2, Revelation 21:9-10

Grace is the mother to the children of promise Genesis 21.1-8, Galatians 4:
27For it is written: “Rejoice, O barren woman, who bears no children; break forth and cry aloud, you who have never travailed; because more are the children of the desolate woman, than of her who has a husband.” 28Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of the promise. 29At that time, however, the son born by the flesh persecuted the son born by the Spirit. It is the same now.…

Very interesting,

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In all my years in and out of the Mormon religion, no one ever told me that and that is not in your canon. The only excuse I ever heard was that the father god was protecting her from the disrespect of mortals.

Turning her into a god of lasciviousness is a sign of disrespect

Upvote 0