Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
I was one of those Brits that used to moan about the weather, but in reality it forged my character in many ways having spent 37 of my 47 years there. I traded Winchester, England for the sub tropics of Brisbane, Australia...my little slice of heaven. Love Wales by the way.

Winchester to Brisbane…that’s quite culture switch! You might come across the Brisbane art dealer who happened to stroll into Dai’s antique emporium in Treorchy a few years back. He looked around, and saw a human skull on Dai’s counter. ‘Who’s that?’ he asked. ‘That’, said Dai, proudly, ‘That is the skull of Owain Glyndŵr, the last true Prince of Wales.’ ‘I’ll take it!’, cried the dealer.

A year later he was back, only this time there was a much smaller skull on Dai’s counter. ‘And who’s that?’ he asked. ‘That’, said Dai, proudly, ‘That is the skull of Owain Glyndŵr, the last true Prince of Wales.’ But I bought that one last year!’, protested the dealer. ‘Indeed you did’, agreed Dai. ‘But this is Owain when he was a boy.’

Glad you love Wales. Heaven for me, by the way, would be re-living a very special day I spent in Snowdonia in 1980. It’s too personal to give details; but I would give all I have – or am likely to have – just to live that day again; over and over. Not like the film Groundhog Day, where Bill Murray gets to change things each time the day repeats; no, this would be a day ‘new every morning’. On a grander scale, it would be great to travel the universe (but not like Star Trek!) just to see how it all began; how it developed; to learn all its secrets and its wonders; and then to start afresh (all memory extinguished) all over again (with my Snowdonia day thrown in for good measure!).

Have a great day, and very best regards.

Upvote 0

Eyes wide Open

Love and peace is the ONLY foundation-to build....
Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
Winchester to Brisbane…that’s quite culture switch! You might come across the Brisbane art dealer who happened to stroll into Dai’s antique emporium in Treorchy a few years back. He looked around, and saw a human skull on Dai’s counter. ‘Who’s that?’ he asked. ‘That’, said Dai, proudly, ‘That is the skull of Owain Glyndŵr, the last true Prince of Wales.’ ‘I’ll take it!’, cried the dealer.

A year later he was back, only this time there was a much smaller skull on Dai’s counter. ‘And who’s that?’ he asked. ‘That’, said Dai, proudly, ‘That is the skull of Owain Glyndŵr, the last true Prince of Wales.’ But I bought that one last year!’, protested the dealer. ‘Indeed you did’, agreed Dai. ‘But this is Owain when he was a boy.’

Glad you love Wales. Heaven for me, by the way, would be re-living a very special day I spent in Snowdonia in 1980. It’s too personal to give details; but I would give all I have – or am likely to have – just to live that day again; over and over. Not like the film Groundhog Day, where Bill Murray gets to change things each time the day repeats; no, this would be a day ‘new every morning’. On a grander scale, it would be great to travel the universe (but not like Star Trek!) just to see how it all began; how it developed; to learn all its secrets and its wonders; and then to start afresh (all memory extinguished) all over again (with my Snowdonia day thrown in for good measure!).

Have a great day, and very best regards.

Yes it's a culture shock here a little, and I miss much of the UK, I visit every so often when the money and my capacity to take a 25 hour flight allows.

Wales, well I'm a mad rugby union fan so Wales has always played in the spirit of how I like to see the game played. I also climbed Pen y Fan on an outward bound weekend as a 16 year old. It was blowing the biggest wind and torrential rain and the guy taking us up decided he'd find it funny to inform us we need a jagged rock to carry, in case we fell, so we could dig it in to the ground and stop us sliding. He was the only one laughing at the top as we threw our rocks down feeling had, although I laugh about it to this day.

I also stayed in Boncath for a week in spring when my daughters were young and it was idillic weather, perfect spring sunshine and warmth for a week. We tempted fate next year by going again and it rained continuously the whole time with a 3 hour drive home taking 7 due to the poor driving conditions. Hey ho.
Still I've very fond memories of Cymru.

Upvote 0

Taom Ben Robert

Roman Catholic
Apr 22, 2015
U.S.
✟21,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems to me a lot of the ideas I hear about what the Christian haven will be like seems generally unappealing to me. I've heard it as place to sing praise and become one with God (which sounds horrible), I've heard it as a place where all sin is removed and we can live forever with our loved ones. But if you removed all your sinful desires will you even be the same person anymore. Sounds like living for eternity as a tree or robot not something I really want. Heck forever is a really long time would you ever want to live forever?
What are some of your thoughts? or what are some of your ideas of how the Christian heaven is like.
In the scriptures " Heaven" is taught to be the Throne of God, a dimension of Reality from which God rules all Creation, or alternatively, as Eastern theologians argue, Heaven and Hell are ways of experiencing God presence.
When one dies, one goes to Sheol/Hades/The Abode of the Dead, where one "Sleeps" until the Resurrection of the Dead at Christ's Second Coming, when Christ Judges humanity, destroys evil, Heals , and Reconciles all Creation to God.
Our Hope is Not some ethereal "go to heaven when we die" .
The Christian hope is Christ and the Gospel , the Resurrection, and A Restored Creation where God again lives with his people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0