Is Harry Potter unacceptable to watch as a christian?

Is Harry Potter unacceptable to watch as a christian?

• Yes, the bible states so.

• I'm split on the issue.

• No, its fine to watch.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Despite the fact they call it magic. Just because Harry Potter does not do what for isntance Wiccans or Voodoo people do, does not mean its not magic. All power comes from either God or Satan. So if your watching a movie then you have to realize if the power isn't from God that HO has then its from the other side.
and just because someone calls themselves a mars bar does not make them a mars bar. Same with christianity.

I can agree that Narnia is magic and wrong too. But people think just because something has a christian theme that its ok. Or if it has something "nice" in it. You've never heard of "inappropriate content for christians" for a reason. Just as you've never heard of "Witchcraft for chrsitians".
So why quote a person who praises the chronicles of narnia? Loses some credibility there.

In reagrds to this quote, the statement about no witches complained about it being innaccurate is a very good point. Because they ex-witches as I said above think Harry Potter is dangerous and to real when you peel back the kid firendly nature of it.
Well done on defeating yourself! sorry but witches have said that. They said people approached them wanting to learn spells like in HP. They went away very dissapointed when we pointed out to them it is not how witchcraft works.

I'm done responding to this topic because lets face it. No one wants to admit they are doing something that God says not to. I have said all I can and now its up to God and the Holy Spirit to convict and try to change your view.
and once again the judgmental view comes out. This last statement goes beyond reproving. it is saying if you don't agree with me you are obviously spiritually inferior.

This is also your standard response when you can't actually respond. You say I am done or I am going to ask the thread be closed. If you don't want responses then don't post.

Upvote 0