Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Most of my friends are gone as well as my siblings. Although I have had some bumps and bruises I am a healthy and vigorous 79 year old (80 next April). The one notable difference between myself and many others close to my age that I have known personally is that I have always been happy and lighthearted while they have been troubled in various ways. Could a happy carefree attitude promote health? I believe it can. What thinketh ye?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Could a happy carefree attitude promote health?
Why do the wicked prosper ? >>

Why Do the Wicked Prosper? - Church of the Great God

https://www.cgg.org › index.cfm › fuseaction › Library.sr › Why-Do-Wic...

Righteous men have complained about the ease of the evil for ages, but what is the answer? King David contemplated this, and gives us the answer.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeremiah 12 TLV - Why do the Wicked Prosper? - Righteous ...

https://www.biblegateway.com › passage

12 Righteous are You, Adonai, when I plead my case with You. Yet I speak with You about justice. Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why do all the ...

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Most of my friends are gone as well as my siblings. Although I have had some bumps and bruises I am a healthy and vigorous 79 year old (80 next April). The one notable difference between myself and many others close to my age that I have known personally is that I have always been happy and lighthearted while they have been troubled in various ways. Could a happy carefree attitude promote health? I believe it can. What thinketh ye?
Some studies seem to agree with you...

Error - Cookies Turned Off

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Mental health...I suppose you can make a case that people who are less stressed have better health.

But I think that needs to be taken into context. A happy, content 350lbs person is still more unhealthy than a person who's at a healthy weight, but may have more life stress.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
a study showed married men are the happiest, then single men & woman & lastly married woman

my guess is wives are still cooking for husbands so they don't eat out too much which isn't healthy

plus wives get their husbands to go to Dr regularly

my guess is married woman are least happy cause they never get to retire from cooking & cleaning, lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
a study showed married men are the happiest, then single men & woman & lastly married woman

my guess is wives are still cooking for husbands so they don't eat out too much which isn't healthy

plus wives get their husbands to go to Dr regularly

my guess is married woman are least happy cause they never get to retire from cooking & cleaning, lol

Women must be happier...they live longer.

• Haha
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
OR 2 Timothy 2 might apply?

May be, God Knows, they have a longer time to repent, to be saved.....

Study Bible The Lord's Approved Workman…24 And a servant of the Lord must not be quarrelsome, but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, and forbearing. 25 He must gently reprove those who oppose him, in the hope that God may grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth. 26 Then they will come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, who has taken them captive to his will.…Berean Study Bible

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
New International Version
The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil.

New Living Translation
Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time. But no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come.

Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Most definitely yes! I know alot of grumpy people and they are continuously plagued with some illness or other. On the other hand, I know happier people who rarely get sick at all. :wave:
Remember when Israel got grumpy ? They obeyed Yahuweh (Eternal Sovereign Creator)
but grumbled......
The Creator Responded >>>>>

Num 14:27
“How long will this wicked community grumble against me? I have heard the complaints of these grumbling Israelites.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Num 14:28

So tell them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the LORD, I will do to you the very thing I heard you say:
copyChkboxOff.gif
Num 14:29

In this wilderness your bodies will fall—every one of you twenty years old or more who was counted in the census and who has grumbled against me.

• Winner
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Then you've got Proverbs 15:13 A glad heart makes a cheerful face, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is crushed.
So yeah, being happy is Biblical! :)
And realizing that Salvation is (for some) equivalent to Healing,
and the strength of our Joy is our Union with the Savior Jesus and with The Father in heaven,
and the Joy of our Salvation can be renewed (a song and a Psalm both exclaim "Renew in me the Joy of my Salvation" as well as "Create in me a Right Spirit" , and so forth...

How many times is JOY in the Bible ? :)

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Absolutely! You view life and challenges through different lenses when joy is a constant. When you’re used to feeling good and thinking positively, it’s difficult to sanction the negativity and mayhem others consume. You understand the danger and keep toxic things at bay.

~Bella

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

In reply to my own op, health is also a key to happiness. It's hard to be happy when you have nagging health problems.

Upvote 0

Mak33y

Soar Like An Eagle
Jul 29, 2006
Manila
✟27,794.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Definitely!
Mental health and positive outlook in life plays a vital role in our health, it affects all our senses, when we're happy it affects the whole body. Keep it up, Stay Strong!

• Friendly
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0