USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m surprised by this. I have a number of Wiccan friends. None have ever told me that they were drawn to Wicca by Halloween.

I agree, this whole "Halloween recruits people to Wicca/Satanism/etc" is pretty silly. I'm sure it may influence SOME people, somewhere in history, but I grew up observing Halloween every single year and never once did I ever hear about anyone being "recruited" to anything because they celebrated Halloween.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Number one,.. just because we don't picture Jesus being a fan of horror movies doesn't mean He would condemn it. He knows it's not real and it's not everybody's cup of tea anyways. Number two we just like being entertained and scared. It shouldn't be all that difficult to figure out.

The Bible does say that we should keep our thoughts on what is true, lovely, pure, noble, of good reputation, etc. I don't think watching people being slashed and hacked to death would fit in there.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As long as we know the difference between fiction and reality I honestly don't think that He would find it to be a problem. Just as long as we don't act like that in real life.

By this logic, Jesus would be okay to sit down and watch simulated inappropriate content. "Because it's fiction." You might wanna just think on that a bit more.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. Nowadays kids get to knock on door of a stranger, may be a vulnerable person who lives alone and basically demand sweets or "I wi l play a trick on you". Nice thing to teach children, that you can threaten people to get what you want

"Threaten people"? Really?
I don't know where you live, but here in the U.S. if you don't want to participate in trick or treating, you simply leave your porch light off. No threatening children to worry about :D

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
By this logic, Jesus would be okay to sit down and watch simulated inappropriate content. "Because it's fiction." You might wanna just think on that a bit more.

What?? Where did that idea come from?? Jesus watching "simulated inappropriate content"? I think you need to take some time to read the Bible and "get your head straight".

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dressing in evil clothes, in death body, scary people, dress in Satan and spirit. Do you honor God with those dress? Is that festival written in the Bible? One we can serve God or Satan.
You do realize that not EVERYONE has the exact same observance of Halloween? This is why I said that the holiday and concept of "Halloween" encompasses a huge array of activities and beliefs. For one family, it may be dressing up as cartoon characters and getting candy from neighbors. For another, it may be slasher movies in the dark at 3am. For another, it might be hayrides and corn mazes and pumpkins. This really needs to be kept in mind when talking about Halloween, because it's silly to accuse someone who just enjoys handing out Three Musketeers while sipping a glass of cider to be "serving Satan".

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What?? Where did that idea come from?? Jesus watching "simulated inappropriate content"? I think you need to take some time to read the Bible and "get your head straight".

I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying or what I was responding to or what my point was.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying or what I was responding to or what my point was.

True. What is your point about Jesus watching simulated inappropriate content? The concept is mind boggling!

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True. What is your point about Jesus watching simulated inappropriate content? The concept is mind boggling!

I was responding to April_Rose who said that she thinks Jesus would be okay with horror movies because they're fictional. By that logic, Jesus would be okay with anything as long as it was fictional. I used an extreme example to point out that this is not an accurate concept.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have friends who were Satanists in the past.
Let me guess - High Priests, right?

The last three month especially on October 31, there curses are more powerful
How much is 1000x0? Their "curses" are as phony as the rest of their slleged religion.

and giving kids candy makes hexes a joke to make.
Right. But given that satanism itself is a joke that isn't surprising. But just from curiousity, why would giving kids candy facilitate "making a hex"? Is Satan especially keen on giving young'uns a sugar rush?

They also told me they use drugs to enter a state of being outside their bodies where they can cast spells in people.
I expect they actually do take drugs.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
that is a pretty warped view and not born out in reality at all
Do tell! So there are people who actually believe in a horned god, and a goddess, and maybe Odin? Never knew anyone who claimed to worship Zeus, the Norse pantheon is apparently a lot more fun. Nah, it's all LARP, all the time. Oh, I'm sure there are people who try to take the "pagan" stuff seriously, but I think you'll find that they're the same folks who babble about "energies" and who routinely see flying saucers and chupacabras.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do agree there. Pagan isn't always demonic. Hence Christmas and Easter are ok
Somehow I don't see how celebrating the coming of our Lord and His glorious Resurrection are remotely pagan. But if you find that your church has you worshiping rabbits or praying to Santa Claus, better find another one post haste.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is halloween sinful?
What did God say about witchcraft?
If you think the "witchcraft" mentioned in the Bible deals with ugly women with pointed hats flying on brooms and turning people into newts, then you've missed the point altogether.

The church system has become so deceived that it stands to reason that they will share yet another pagan holiday with the pagans
We don't share them, they're God's, and thus ours. The pagans are all dead, and their "gods" never existed. They don't own anything, why act as though they do?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well it is like this.
YOu have a glass that is filled with 75% of your favorite beverage. The other 25% came from your neighbors septic tank. Is that 75% good stuff enough for you to drink the 25% rotten?
That works for popular culture as a whole, doesn't it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Xmas and Easter are not only not commanded in scripture but they are also historic pagan days that the papacy tried to Christianize.
Well we sure wouldn't want any of those foul "historic pagan days" taken away from their rightful owners and Christianized, now would we? The pagans own those days in fee simple, and we can't let God tread on their property rights.

Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pentecost has pagan roots? Didn't realise that
I'm sure that some pagans somewhere at some time or another did something, well, pagan, on that day, and thus hold absolute title to it forever more. Nothing either God or His people can do about it.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do tell! So there are people who actually believe in a horned god, and a goddess, and maybe Odin? Never knew anyone who claimed to worship Zeus, the Norse pantheon is apparently a lot more fun. Nah, it's all LARP, all the time. Oh, I'm sure there are people who try to take the "pagan" stuff seriously, but I think you'll find that they're the same folks who babble about "energies" and who routinely see flying saucers and chupacabras.
maybe you should get out more

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nah, no resson for a Christian to celebrate our Lord's Advent, or even His Resurrection. Just because those are the two most important events in the history of the universe is no reason to get excited about them. Pagans used to do things, and so we must not do things. In fact, we shoukd studiously ignore those events, and act as though they'd never happened because... pagans.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What do you think about the celebration of Halloween, an obviously pagan, nearly devilish holiday? My Dad said when he was a kid Halloween was a fun time for kids to dress up and go trick-or-treating and play around, make fun of the things that scare them. Then hollywood made those scary horror movies, the horror movies called 'Halloween', about murder, bloody gore and demon possession, and they ruined the celebration of Halloween. I hate horror movies, I never watched them until i was in my 20s, I watched Carrie, and it made me angry to see my Christian faith mocked. A lot of movies make fun of Christianity. Horror movies often show Christians as bad guys, abusive parents hypocritical leaders those who pervert justice and make a normal human being into an instrument of God's wrath.

When I was a little girl Halloween used to scare the pants off me. When I switched from a strict protestant Christian private school to a public school, they allowed the kids to wear their costumes to school. The 4th and 5th grade boys were distugting ugly gross masks to school. I hated the horror movies that came out of TV, and there were gross decorations. Plus I lived in Florida with no change of season, no beautiful fall leaves in brilliant fiery colors, pumpkins don't grow well in Florida, but they were at the grocery store. I didn't understand the thing about the black cats, I compared it with racism for cats. But I never told anyone till now. i like cats. About witches, well I heard there were good witches, but that is a lie the devil comes up with to hurt people, especially the witches themselves. I once had an interest in magic, I wanted to help people and have adventures.

Anyway, I like dressing up in a beautiful costume. I want to be a princess, angel, fairy, southern belle, and mermaid. I like chocolate. And fruit flavored or cinnamon flavored candy. i like pumpkin pie. I like fall leaves and pumpkins, mums, asters, and cute cats.

So I guess the answer is it depends on how you celebrate Halloween. Avoid evil dark satanic stuff. Trick or treating is not allowed because it is dangerous. I think I'll just stay home and work on my drawings and stories.
Halloween, like other secular holidays, is not pagan in origin. Catholics celebrate the Eve of all Hallows, now known as All Saints' Day. Halloween is part of that feast. Secular society has made such changes to many holy days. Mardi Gras/Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve/Christmas, New Year's Eve/the Feast of the Circumcision of the Lord, to name a few others.
Secular world brought in ghosts and ghouls.

Upvote 0