✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^^

I agree Pescador. Someone who has such shallow faith, that a Holiday, and even someone else's celebration of it (especially a person whom they have never met) celebrates it, really should be looking within for the how and why. Seriously? Someone is so threatened and fearful of a holiday? or someone going out in costume having fun?

Halloween night, I (a grown man) dressed up in a costume. I built a haunted house in my yard. I let the kids go through it and enjoy themselves. parents too. Got so many thanks you's, well done's and positive reviews from the people who enjoyed it. You think I care what some CF troll thinks? No, not at all. I care that I provided an experience for the neighborhood that was worth everyone's time.

Lots of kids And a few adults were dressed up in costumes. Some as monsters. Did it scare me? No not at all. I do not find fear from such things.
BUT then again, I am not one who is so shallow that my faith would be threatened by such things. I am not so insecure that I have to try to convince others that I am right about everything in order to give myself some self-validation. My beliefs and ideas are not so shaky and shallow. And I have enough self esteem that if someone did not like my haunted house, well, no big deal. Just shake the dust off my costume sandals and move on !

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
^^

I agree Pescador. Someone who has such shallow faith, that a Holiday, and even someone else's celebration of it (especially a person whom they have never met) celebrates it, really should be looking within for the how and why. Seriously? Someone is so threatened and fearful of a holiday? or someone going out in costume having fun?

Halloween night, I (a grown man) dressed up in a costume. I built a haunted house in my yard. I let the kids go through it and enjoy themselves. parents too. Got so many thanks you's, well done's and positive reviews from the people who enjoyed it. You think I care what some CF troll thinks? No, not at all. I care that I provided an experience for the neighborhood that was worth everyone's time.

Lots of kids And a few adults were dressed up in costumes. Some as monsters. Did it scare me? No not at all. I do not find fear from such things.
BUT then again, I am not one who is so shallow that my faith would be threatened by such things. I am not so insecure that I have to try to convince others that I am right about everything in order to give myself some self-validation. My beliefs and ideas are not so shaky and shallow. And I have enough self esteem that if someone did not like my haunted house, well, no big deal. Just shake the dust off my costume sandals and move on !

Well said Rickardo! Thanks for putting some sanity into this discussion. It sounds like you had fun, which is what Halloween is all about.

Upvote 0