✟9,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey there,

I have always heard that Gog and Magog is before the millennium reign. But Revelation 20:7-8 says “7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.” Does this mean that the battle of Armageddon"valley of Megido" and the Gog and Magog wars are two different things. Armegeddon and Gog and Magog are different events? Let me know

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hey there,

I have always heard that Gog and Magog is before the millennium reign. But Revelation 20:7-8 says “7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.” Does this mean that the battle of Armageddon"valley of Megido" and the Gog and Magog wars are two different things. Armegeddon and Gog and Magog are different events? Let me know
It depends when in revelation you see the restoration of Israel prophecies aligning. I tend to read the last battle where God just sends down fire and starts the judgment to be the God and Magog conflict. Megido is a place where a conflict is described to be, Gog and Magog is a location the enemies are coming from, so the two could be one and the same and also not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hey there,

Gog and Magog are first mentioned in Ezekiel,

"The word of the Lord came to me: Mortal, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. Prophesy against him and say: Thus says the Lord God: I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal; I will turn you around and put hooks into your jaws, and I will lead you out with all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great company, all of them with shield and buckler, wielding swords. Persia, Ethiopia, and Put are with them, all of them with buckler and helmet; Gomer and all its troops; Beth-togarmah from the remotest parts of the north with all its troops--many people are with you." - Ezekiel 38:1-6

As such it seems "Gog" is an individual, and Magog is the land from which Gog is from. There's no real agreement among biblical scholars as to who this Gog is, or where Magog is.

Josephus identified "Gog and Magog" to be a reference to the Scythians, the horse-people of the Caucasus and the Turkish Steppe. Some have sought to identify Gog with an historical Gyges of Lydia.

But it's simply unclear. Their use in the Revelation is likely figurative, a reference to an antagonistic people who are opposed to the people of God, borrowed from Ezekiel; in much the same way as the Revelation has borrowed "Babylon" to refer to Rome

I'm not a Futurist or Chiliast, neither do I take the Revelation literally; as such I don't think the text is referring to some future event that is going to take place. It is instead a figurative use of language to describe hostile powers against God's people in a more broad and general sense. As such "Gog and Magog", as used in the Revelation, doesn't refer to any specific group of people at all, and it's not talking about a future event which is going to take place.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2017
NC
✟9,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It depends when in revelation you see the restoration of Israel prophecies aligning. I tend to read the last battle where God just sends down fire and starts the judgment to be the God and Magog conflict. Megido is a place where a conflict is described to be, Gog and Magog is a location the enemies are coming from, so the two could be one and the same and also not.

Yes, The building of the 3rd temple is not what they think it is though. The 3rd temple is not a physical one(it could be but not what it is talking aboutI) WE ARE the 3rd temple. Bible says that God will no longer dwell in a building, but only in the hearts of men.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yes, The building of the 3rd temple is not what they think it is though. The 3rd temple is not a physical one(it could be but not what it is talking aboutI) WE ARE the 3rd temple. Bible says that God will no longer dwell in a building, but only in the hearts of men.
Are you talking about the Ephesians 2:21-22 temple?

Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2017
NC
✟9,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you talking about the Ephesians 2:21-22 temple?
I am talking about what the Lord has revealed to me. The temple is the body of Christ of the true Church of God. Sadly today the Body of Christ, exists in a system where the Church is no longer A Church of God, but instead has become a church of men. Men who do what they do so that all may see, the Lord does not value what is done for all men to see, He values righteousness done in private and in humility where only the Lord can see. People desire validation from their neighbor and from other men so that other men may know of what they have done.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I am talking about what the Lord has revealed to me. The temple is the body of Christ of the true Church of God. Sadly today the Body of Christ, exists in a system where the Church is no longer A Church of God, but instead has become a church of men. Men who do what they do so that all may see, the Lord does not value what is done for all men to see, He values righteousness done in private and in humility where only the Lord can see. People desire validation from their neighbor and from other men so that other men may know of what they have done.
Isn't having people who cleave to those with flatteries part of what Jesus talked about tho?
Jesus said "I Will Build My Church" and this much hasn't changed.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The LOCATION and EVENT of the final war among men (Armageddon) on planet earth is the same.

Armageddon.(in the New Testament: Rev.)
the last battle between good and evil before "the Day of Judgment".("the day of the LORD")
PLACE: a biblical hill of Megiddo, an archaeological site on the plain of Esdraelon, south of present-day Haifa in Israel. See also Megiddo.
the place where the last battle between good and evil will be fought.

It occurs after the Second Coming and before the Millenial Reign.

Possible Time Line BUILT on >>>> Matthew 24:

1. Begin the birth of the "Church Age" of Grace...Pentecost...Acts 1 + 2

2. Jesus promises to be with us in Spirit until the "end of the age" Matthew 28 end...AND "come again"
...ascends/descends from the Mount of Olives...Matt 20:20; Zechariah 14:4; Acts 1:11

3. Pre-Tribulation "Birth Pangs"...NOW!...Matthew 24: 4-8

4. Begin TRIBULATION...first 3.5 years of Daniel's 7 years (Chapters 11-12)
...rise of the anti-christ + REBUILD the ACTUAL TEMPLE! = his appearance in that TEMPLE...Matthew 24:9-20,22 (see: "Dome of the Rock" dispute)

...WHEN it begins? TIME Unknown!...Only the FATHER!

5. Rapture and Second Coming...finally to a throne in Jerusalem as King of Kings . Revelation 20:6;
1 Thess. 4

6. Begin GREAT TRIBULATION...Last 3.5 years of Daniel's 7 years...leading up to Armageddon...Matthew 24:21-27

7. Begin the Millenium Reign...Satan Bound...Revelation 20...Jesus wins!

8. Planet Earth and unsaved inhabitants destroyed by fire. 2 Peter 3

9. New Heavens + New Earth + New Jerusalem = eternal spiritual realm...Revelation 21

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hey there,

First ~ I believe ~ 1 Thes. 4 ~ is effected, whereby the Dead and Alive in Christ are risen and meet the Lord in the air; as the Son of Man, with His Power, as the Christ, descends from Heaven to the Clouds.

Different events? Yes, but closely related.

Ezekiel ~ 38

Israel will relatively be at peace and then attacked from the north with great armies.
This is referenced as an attack coming from descendants of Noah, Japhath, Magog, and forward, upon Israel, and begin and be effected during the first 3 1/2 years of tribulation.

Ezekiel ~ 39

God will end this battle, which will be so grievous, it will take 7 months to bury all the dead.

Rev ~

7 Seals ~ 7 Trumpets ~ 7 Bowls
Are the effects of Gods Wrath upon the earth, as God uses the Earth, to discomfort and kill men against Him.

Rev ~
During the first 3 1/2 years (and up to and shortly beyond the 5 Seal opening) many men are coming to believe in Christ and are killed for their faith.

Rev ~ 6
We learn those who have come to Christ ~ their body's dead ~ and their souls still on the earth, protected By God. Those souls yearn to leave the earth, but are told they must wait a little longer, until all who choose Christ, are bodily killed, and together all the souls of those in Christ shall be raised to Heaven. Then shall God AVENGE their deaths.

Rev ~
Seals Continue ~
7 Trumpets ~ 7 Bowls during last half of Tribulation.

Rev ~ 20
Begins the the reference of God and Magog ~ which is note that as horrendous as the experience of the assault on Israel, from the North WAS, this assault shall be immensely greater, as the world has never experienced.

This is a type of Warning ~ for men who live in the end times ~ who will have experienced and Lived through the assault on Israel ~ fleed to the mountains ~ and are being ministered to to hear about Christ and elect to choose Him ~ and if they choose not to ~ what they can expect to endure next ~

The next is the effects of the Trumpets and Bowls.
The next is the effects of the a war greater than nations of the north coming against Israel.
The next is the effects of ALL nations coming against Israel with Great armies from ALL nations, as referenced in Rev.

This requires a more in depth study, but given you in brief. Yes they are two different events, that are so closely related time-wise, that men living during this time could effectively experience both events.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Scott Perkins

Apr 26, 2018
New Orleans
✟15,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey there,

Upvote 0

Scott Perkins

Apr 26, 2018
New Orleans
✟15,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am convinced Ezekiel 38, 39, is The Same exact set of events in Revelation 20, nobody talks about Ezekiel 37, it’s the resurrection then 38 the Gog Magog war, then 39 and 40 The New Jerusalem, Same as Revelation 20 but the short version. It’s a trip people can’t see that.

Upvote 0

Scott Perkins

Apr 26, 2018
New Orleans
✟15,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean Jesus is sitting on his throne in Ezekiel 37, it says David but it’s Jesus, Jesus is the root and offspring of David, Same as Revelation 19 when he comes on his horse, it amazes me, but people are bewitched into Zionism it’s unreal.

Upvote 0