Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.

The Lord tests the righteous,
But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
6 Upon the wicked He will rain coals;
Fire and brimstone and a burning wind
Shall be the portion of their cup.
Going by your choice of quoted text, it seems you believe God is both a despiser of those that are blood thirsty and violent....yet He's going to destroy them through.....violence?

But...let me guess...He's God...so it's different? Sort of like the attitude "I created you.. I can destroy you". But then He must not truly hate violence...only the violence others commit. Jesus revealed God's hatred of hypocrisy....so you may wish to keep pondering this.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. 11 These things command and teach.
Right (I'm assuming you missed these lines you quoted). We don't see what we aren't looking for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1COR.6: = 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you.

ROMANS.1: =
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

LEVITICUS.18:22 = 22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

Romans 2:1

And you who judge are guilty of the same thing you judge!

James 2:10 You break one point of the Law and you are guilty of it all.....

Have you mastered the Mitzvahs of the Pentateuch yet?

Are all 613 dialed in?

Jesus even took Homosexual sin to the cross.

The fact that He fulfilled the Law and homosexuality is in the Law should be a “clue”.

The lists of condemned souls go far beyond homosexuality...

Factions are fruits of the flesh in Galatians and none who practice fruits of the flesh...

Well... do you really want to play the homosexual finger pointing game?

I’m heterosexual, but sexuality ain’t no joke! It’s ingrained in our being! That’s why God uses it as allegory all throughout scripture to represent our fidelity to Him!

Guess what all the law pertaining to sexuality is about??? Fidelity of faith to the Gospel of God’s revealed Love...

As Jesus said... do not think He will judge those who judge... for it will be Moses who judges...

And about that... “Live by the sword of Moses... die by the sword of Moses”...
~ Me

Do you think Love WON’T cover a multitude of sin?

Shall you rebuild what Christ tore down?

Do you now Judge to be judged?

He without sin... cast the first stone...

Are you ready to play God?

And about Sodom... Nice Western misunderstanding...

Ezekiel 16:49

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy

So why do most Moral Majority Christians point at homosexuals... ?!? because they aren’t homosexual and LENGTHEN THEIR PHYLACTERIES by pointing out sin Christ died for to make themselves feel better than the next person for being warriors of brotherly accusation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"perfect father toward his children"

But there are those who the Bible says are not the children of God, but children of the devil. What about them?
I came across this TEDTalk the other day, and I believe it gives us a glimmer of what God's love can do to restore the people that have been characterized by wicked behavior. The speaker studied clinically diagnosed psychopaths that were jailed in the UK. These prisoners had grown up in abusive homes. In studying their brains....it was found they had a deficit in the brain area called the amygdala. This area of the brain is formed during childhood and is thought to be key to the experience of empathy. These prisoners lacked the ability to empathize with others. But....these scientists did discover it was possible to encourage the growth of new brain cells in a community....and the brains were actually re-wired.

The neuroscience of restorative justice

....and another TED Talk explains how it's community (and connection) that's the opposite of addiction (not sobriety). The Opposite of Addiction is Connection
In other words.....love heals.

So....how much more so will people respond to God's divine love.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shall you rebuild what Christ tore down?
REVELATION.21: =
6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
REVELATION.22: =
Jesus Testifies to the Churches
12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Fire and brimstone PURIFIES....not destroys....making ALL things new.

Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.~Romans 13:10

Everyone will be salted with fire. Salt is good, but if salt becomes insipid, with what will you restore its flavor? Keep salt in yourselves and you will have peace with one another (Mark 9:49-50).

From this article: http://blog.adw.org/2016/07/jesus-mean-says-will-salted-fire/
Everyone will be salted with fire. Two images of salt and fire come together here, but the result is the same: purification. We have already seen how salt purifies. Fire does the same thing through the refining process. Precious metals come from the ground admixed with iron and many other metals. Subjecting them to fire purifies the gold or silver, separating it from the iron and other metals.

Both salt and fire purify by burning, each in its own way. Hence the Lord marvelously brings those two images together, telling us that we will all be “salted with fire.”

Indeed, it must be so. We must all be purified. Scripture says of Heaven, nothing impure will ever enter it (Rev 21:27). St. Paul speaks of purgatorial fire as effecting whatever purification has not taken place here on earth:

If anyone builds on this foundation [of Christ] using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—yet as one escaping through the flames (1 Cor 3:15-15).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
GENESIS.6: =
5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
LUKE.14: = 25 Now great multitudes went with Him. And He turned and said to them, 26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. ..."
LUKE.16: =
13 “No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”
MALACHI.1: =
Israel Beloved of God
2 “I have loved you,” says the Lord.
“Yet you say, ‘In what way have You loved us?’
Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?”
Says the Lord.
“Yet Jacob I have loved;
3 But Esau I have hated,
And laid waste his mountains and his heritage
For the jackals of the wilderness.”
PROVERBS.6: =
16 These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.
HOSEA.9: =
15 “All their wickedness is in Gilgal,
For there I hated them.
Because of the evil of their deeds
I will drive them from My house;
I will love them no more.
All their princes are rebellious.
16 Ephraim is stricken,
Their root is dried up;
They shall bear no fruit.
Yes, were they to bear children,
I would kill the darlings of their womb.”

17 My God will cast them away,
Because they did not obey Him;
And they shall be wanderers among the nations.
PSALMS.5: =
4 For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness,
Nor shall evil dwell with You.
5 The boastful shall not stand in Your sight;
You hate all workers of iniquity.
6 You shall destroy those who speak falsehood;
The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
PSALMS.11: =
4 The Lord is in His holy temple,
The Lord’s throne is in heaven;
His eyes behold,
His eyelids test the sons of men.
5 The Lord tests the righteous,
But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
6 Upon the wicked He will rain coals;
Fire and brimstone and a burning wind
Shall be the portion of their cup.

God is Love.
Hate is a strong dislike.
God can strongly dislike and love at the same time.

Men can love.
Men can strongly dislike.
Men can strongly dislike and love at the same time.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

Exactly... now drop back the study to the foundation of man’s Sin, and God’s Glory... The Torah!

Study that Torah and look how Idol Worship is the collective symbolism of Sexual Immorality cited in the Law.

Did you miss the Romans one part about Creator traded for “creation”?

It’s about fidelity to God, in our heart and soul. Everyone struggles with sin differently. It is wise for one to work out their own fidelity in Respect to their Maker... with fear and trembling.

We all have big enough Planks to warrant our ignorance of other’s specs..,

James 1- 3 would be a good read to chase down those Revelations verses you quoted...

The Torah would be the next place to look... since Revelation is fully Jewish Tabrinacle and Feast imagery...

All of 1 John 2:27 to you

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Question...

What does Bone of my Bone mean and why does it symbolize our marriage union to Jesus?

Deeper question...

If our battle isn’t against flesh and blood... why do you concern yourself with flesh and blood?

Why do you look to the shadows, when you could look to the substance?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

God is Love.
Hate is a strong dislike.
God can strongly dislike and love at the same time.

Men can love.
Men can strongly dislike.
Men can strongly dislike and love at the same time.

God Bless,
SBC

It's said the polar opposite of love is indifference, so can God be indifferent to a subset of His creation?

Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's said the polar opposite of love is indifference, so can God be indifferent to a subset of His creation?
I know humans can. Did Christ share that quality? btw please clarify subset

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fire and brimstone PURIFIES....not destroys....making ALL things new.
GENESIS.19: =
23 The sun had risen upon the earth when Lot entered Zoar. 24 Then the Lord rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 So He overthrew those cities, all the plain, all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground.

26 But his wife looked back behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.
MATTHEW.13: = 40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!
REVELATION.9: = 18 By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed—by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths.
REVELATION.20: = And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"perfect father toward his children"

But there are those who the Bible says are not the children of God, but children of the devil. What about them?

Everyone begins as a child of the devil:

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved... (Ephesians 2:1-5 ESV)

And ends up being a child of God:

Rom 5:18 Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just act for all mankind for life's justifying."

Rom 5:19 For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners, thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just."

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I know humans can. Did Christ share that quality? btw please clarify subset

That quality may be demonstrated here:

Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

Subset:
Matthew 25:33
He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Everyone begins as a child of the devil:

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved... (Ephesians 2:1-5 ESV)

And ends up being a child of God:

Rom 5:18 Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just act for all mankind for life's justifying."

Rom 5:19 For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners, thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just."

Are you promoting universalism?

Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Not finding indifferent to be the polar opposite of Love... perhaps despise?

God indifferent? Mediocre, not particularly interested? No.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you promoting universalism?

I believe everyone will be eventually saved through Christ, as per Scripture, though many will have to go to the lake of fire first.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe everyone will be eventually saved through Christ, as per Scripture, though many will have to go to the lake of fire first.

NM...I forgot we were in CCT. Carry on sir!

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
  • Informative
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep hearing people say God loves unconditionally and i don't get it.

Unconditional love means, God treats all well and righteously, even if He would also hate evil people.

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat. 5:44-45

Jesus is the ONLY way to the Father. That is a condition.

Belief is a condition. If they don't believe they are condemned already.

God pours out wrath on unbelievers! This sounds like a condition!

I think those are not conditions of love. It is just not good to allow unrighteous to eternal life, because they would make it eternal suffering for all.

If person is condemned, it is because of sin, not because of belief. If person doesn’t accept the forgiveness and believe sins are forgiven, his sin remains. It is persons own choice. God’s love remains still the same and the offer is freely for all. But if person doesn’t accept it, why would God force it to someone? It wouldn’t be loving.

God pours wrath on those who are evil and do evil things. And I think it is not bad, or sign that God doesn’t love. It would not be loving to allow evil exist forever and ruin life for all.

Upvote 0