Is God we serve the Egyptian Sun God, Amen Ra?

SuperSaint4GodDBZStyle

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
✟8,210.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I have been studying this for over a month now. I have looked towards the Bible and Ancient History for my answers. Hosea 12:9 says that God is from the land of Egypt and Revelation 3:14 Jesus called God the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God. Also Egypt has a special history in the Christianity, Judaism, and Islam faiths. If it wasn't for the Egyptians we would not have our own Bible. Some scriptures we have were copied from the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

Soulgazer

Christian Gnostic
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
✟19,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been studying this for over a month now. I have looked towards the Bible and Ancient History for my answers. Hosea 12:9 says that God is from the land of Egypt and Revelation 3:14 Jesus called God the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God. Also Egypt has a special history in the Christianity, Judaism, and Islam faiths. If it wasn't for the Egyptians we would not have our own Bible. Some scriptures we have were copied from the Egyptian Book of the Dead.
Exactly which scriptures are you saying were copied from the Egyptians?

The Premise that Jehovah, Jupiter, Zeus, Isis, et al, were either one and the same or subject to a greater God above all other Gods was the premise that allowed Rome to legalize the Christian Faith. Rome in effect stated that IF Christ belonged to the God of the entire world, and not just a messiah of a localized war god, they would recognize the legitimacy of the religion.

Upvote 0

Soulgazer

Christian Gnostic
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
✟19,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For more information on how other gods and mythologies fit into the biblical narrative, check out this link:

The Divine Council

It is written by a Hebrew Scholar, and editor of Logos Christian Bible Software. You can see his credentials here.

A very good article that articulates a lot of what early Christianity/late Judaism was familiar with.

As an interesting footnote to this discussion, the "Father" god in early Christianity was usually whatever local god the populous was most familiar with(among gentiles). The Evangelist apparently did not deem it important which of the myriad of regional gods was "Father" as long as Jesus Christ was given top billing.

In Chapter 10 of the "Oration of Constantine" the gentile poets and philosophers such as Plato, Homer and Virgil were given credit for prophesying the coming of the Son.

This general sentiment was reflected by Marcion a century and a half earlier, as he summed up the gentile view in one paragraph: "Jesus Christ and none else revealed a new God, who, in the Old world and in the Old time and under the Old God was unknown and unheard of ; Whom is accounted by no one through long centuries back, and ancient in men's very ignorance of Him - even in ancient names He was unknown and concealed. He had remained unknown by any works from the beginning. Even the Creator was unaware of the Supreme God being above himself, Who, although He did not manifest Himself from the beginning and by means of the creation, has yet revealed Himself in Christ Jesus."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SuperSaint4GodDBZStyle

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
✟8,210.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Exactly which scriptures are you saying were copied from the Egyptians?

The Premise that Jehovah, Jupiter, Zeus, Isis, et al, were either one and the same or subject to a greater God above all other Gods was the premise that allowed Rome to legalize the Christian Faith. Rome in effect stated that IF Christ belonged to the God of the entire world, and not just a messiah of a localized war god, they would recognize the legitimacy of the religion.

Psalm 104 in the KJV is very similar to the Hymn to Aten(The Sun God, Amen Ra) which was written by Pharaoh Ikhnaton during the New Kingdom of Egyptian history. Also, some of our commandments were originally from the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Ikhnaton is the father of monotheism. When he became pharaoh, he said we are just going to worship one god, the sun god. The Egyptians did not worship the sun itself, but the creator who created it. They used God's creation to illustrate His power and majesty. The high priests of his time did not like this idea, so after Ikhnaton's death they restored the worship of all the other Egyptian gods. To the Egyptians, Atenism was a cult;therefore, they made it go underground.

Upvote 0

Soulgazer

Christian Gnostic
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
✟19,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 104 in the KJV is very similar to the Hymn to Aten(The Sun God, Amen Ra) which was written by Pharaoh Ikhnaton during the New Kingdom of Egyptian history. Also, some of our commandments were originally from the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Ikhnaton is the father of monotheism. When he became pharaoh, he said we are just going to worship one god, the sun god. The Egyptians did not worship the sun itself, but the creator who created it. They used God's creation to illustrate His power and majesty. The high priests of his time did not like this idea, so after Ikhnaton's death they restored the worship of all the other Egyptian gods. To the Egyptians, Atenism was a cult;therefore, they made it go underground.
I don't find it unlikely. It's pretty well known that Judaism was a mix of the Zoroastrian and Egyption religions modified around a tribal war god, that evolved into a Temple religion.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hosea 2:9 does not say that God was from the land of Egypt but that He has been the God of Israel since the land of Egypt.

Upvote 0

SuperSaint4GodDBZStyle

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
✟8,210.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hosea 2:9 does not say that God was from the land of Egypt but that He has been the God of Israel since the land of Egypt.

I see that now. I wasn't looking at it from that perspective. I still hold onto Revelation 3:14 about God being the Amen though.

Upvote 0

granpa

Noahide/Rationalist
Apr 23, 2007
California
✟3,072.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
YHWH is more of a Chronos/Aeon figure than anything else.

Chronos - Religion-wiki
Aeon - Religion-wiki

Moreover the chief gods of all religions are sky gods not sun gods.

biblicalgreekcosmogony.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I had forgot about Hosea 13:4. It reinforces God being from the land of Egypt.

4 Yet I have been the LORD your God
Since the land of Egypt;
And you were not to know any god except Me,
For there is no savior besides Me.

Again, God has been the God of Israel SINCE the land of Egypt. God is NOT from the land of Egypt.

Upvote 0

Soulgazer

Christian Gnostic
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
✟19,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0