Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter Wilson was a confused young man working as a junior clerk in the local factory. One of the few factories still open amongst the depression, redundancies and business closures everywhere. To have a job, however junior it was, was a treasure in those days where being out of work seemed to be the norm.

One day he called on Father Ignatius in a confused state of mind, "Father, can you spare me a moment please?"

The priest was always approachable and amenable to the needs of his parishioners and invited the young man for a chat in his office.

"Father ..." hesitated Peter, "does God speak to us in dreams?"

The priest waited a moment or two before replying. He had to be careful that what he said was not misunderstood.

"Dreams have been mentioned in the Bible several times," he said, "an Angel appeared to Joseph in a dream and told him not to abandon Mary but marry her. Also, the Angel warned Joseph to escape to Egypt with the baby Jesus and Mary. And also the wise men were warned in a dream not to go back to Herod. I'm sure we can think of other examples. Why do you ask?"

"Well ..." the young man hesitated again, "I've been having these dreams. I'm not sure if it is God talking to me ..."

Continued below.

• Friendly
Reactions: WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Peter Wilson was a confused young man working as a junior clerk in the local factory. One of the few factories still open amongst the depression, redundancies and business closures everywhere. To have a job, however junior it was, was a treasure in those days where being out of work seemed to be the norm.

One day he called on Father Ignatius in a confused state of mind, "Father, can you spare me a moment please?"

The priest was always approachable and amenable to the needs of his parishioners and invited the young man for a chat in his office.

"Father ..." hesitated Peter, "does God speak to us in dreams?"

The priest waited a moment or two before replying. He had to be careful that what he said was not misunderstood.

"Dreams have been mentioned in the Bible several times," he said, "an Angel appeared to Joseph in a dream and told him not to abandon Mary but marry her. Also, the Angel warned Joseph to escape to Egypt with the baby Jesus and Mary. And also the wise men were warned in a dream not to go back to Herod. I'm sure we can think of other examples. Why do you ask?"

"Well ..." the young man hesitated again, "I've been having these dreams. I'm not sure if it is God talking to me ..."

Continued below.
I believe He will keep repeating dreams til we get it.
Til we do something.
And He is always going to be there during the transit to where we ought to go. :praying:

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟756,418.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The spiritual world is a tricky one. I know that from experience.

I was discussing this with my old pastor years ago in his office.

I asked him how youi know up front if a "sense" is from God or not eg. dream, "tingles", a persistent image of a place, a passage from the Bible and so on.

He thought for a moment and replied "You don't (know)".

These things take time and discernment to work through. They're subtle - things like St. Paul getting knocked off his horse, Elijah galloping off to heaven in a flaming chariot, and then reappearing with Moses in the Transfiguration are very much in the minority.

As my psychiatrist put it once, the spiritual signs are always "vague". The reason he gave was that if God came on us with overwhelming power He'd kill us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0