Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I find it interesting that people who deny Calvinism must consistently deny the omnipotence of God as this OP has proven.

That statement is not born out by the facts on this thread -
51 minutes ago #16
50 minutes ago #17

If God didn't decree all the events in human history for some particular purpose, then everything is contingent and God is struggling with how things are turning out against him. The fall was then a mistake that he is trying to fix, and Jesus died hoping that someone would receive him. It is the consistency of such theology...

False.

God is omnipotent.
Calvinism is flawed.
The Bible is true.

God created mankind perfect -- and God sovereignly "chose" to create the universe that had the ability of free will. He "could" have created mere robots but chose not to.

In a universe of intelligent beings - who have free will - right decision is motivated by compelling data. God "allowed" the fall and then did not "end it" but rather "allowed" the sin demo to continue thus forever inoculating the universe including all the saints - against sin and rebellion for all eternity -- without having to resort to the "robot maneuver"

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
False.

God is omnipotent.
Calvinism is flawed.
The Bible is true.

God created mankind perfect -- and God sovereignly "chose" to create the universe that had the ability of free will. He "could" have created mere robots but chose not to.

In a universe of intelligent beings - who have free will - right decision is motivated by compelling data. God "allowed" the fall and then did not "end it" but rather "allowed" the sin demo to continue thus forever inoculating the universe including all the saints - against sin and rebellion for all eternity -- without having to resort to the "robot maneuver"

Calvinism is flawed to a person who doesn't understand it. We don't believe people are robots who cannot make choices, quite the opposite.

This is starting to go off-topic unless the OP grants us to talk about it further.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Predestination affirms choice and responsibility, I think many people miss that...

But, if you are finding answers to your question, I hope it leads you to see God is in control :)

I believe that thru the Holy Spirit and other means, God can change outcomes of all the earth in the people and animals of the earth. That does appear to suggest omnipotence. Matthew 6:26

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Calvinism is flawed to a person who doesn't understand it. We don't believe people are robots who cannot make choices, quite the opposite.

This is starting to go off-topic unless the OP grants us to talk about it further.

I believe the subject of Calvinism is on topic, since it involves an omnipotence of God :)

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Calvinism is flawed to a person who doesn't understand it.

It is flawed to a person that reads the Bible.

Basics point 1 -- forgiveness revoked --

Matthew 18
32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

Rom 11
19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand only by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

1 Cor 6
7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? 8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

You cannot fall away from something such that you cannot be "renewed again" to it -- if you never had it to start with.

Heb 6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,

(Which is the saved condition -- not the state of the lost)

6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

"For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Amen

If you think that resting in the finished work of Jesus Christ at Calvary as my only hope of salvation is exalting myself - you are of all men most to be pitied.

Well as it turns out - that is not what I am thinking.

Here is what I am thinking you should be responding to a few of the texts above -- texts that 4 and 5 pt Calvinism does not survive as it turns out.

Rom 2:11 11 For there is no partiality with God.

Gal 6: 7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

1 John 3: 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning

Rom 6: 15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.

1 Cor 9
23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached the gospel to others, I myself should become disqualified.

I'd like to see the whole world in Heaven whether they believed correctly or not.

Rom 2:13-16 says that many who have no access to scripture at all - will be there. And the chapter ends by saying that many who do have access to scripture will not.

I take the same approach with you as I take with the cultists who visit my doorstep. I ask them if they are saved at this minute

how do you think that helps them? Why do you think that those who do not agree with the false doctrine of OSAS don't have assurance right at this minute.

Hint. "The Arminian can know that he is saved - right-at-this-minute, but cannot know that he will continue to choose salvation 20 years from today.....

the 3 and 5 point Calvinist cannot even know that".

The reason being that 3 and 5 point Calvinism "retro-deletes" today's assurance once it can be shown that 20 years from today "you fail to persevere".

Matthew 18 "Forgiveness revoked" refutes OSAS
Isaiah 5:4 - and John 1:11 shows the reality of free will
"What more could I do that I have not already done?" Is 5:4

Apparently you do not believe that He is the author and finisher of your faith.

Apparently you believe that ignoring every text in the post - "solves it" for your POV. How "instructive" for the unbiased objective readers.

On the contrary - I do believe it which is why I like to quote more than just that one "snip" from Hebrews 12.

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.3 For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
4 You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin; 5 and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons,
“My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord,
Nor faint when you are reproved by Him;

Phil 2 12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

1 Cor 9
23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached the gospel to others, I myself should become disqualified from it.

1 Cor 6
7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? 8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.[/QUOTE]

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe the subject of Calvinism is on topic, since it involves an omnipotence of God :)

I thought so, but I wasn't sure if you felt that it was otherwise.

Now, some skeptics will ask this question: if God is omnipotent, then can he create a rock that he cannot lift? If so, this contradicts his omnipotence either way. I don't know how many people have heard of this argument.

I often respond to such critics that such a question is invalid from the start. First, they assume omnipotence means that God can violate his own attributes. God cannot sin, for an example. Rather, omnipotence refers to the fact that he can do anything that is possible, he is infinitely powerful enough to affect any and all things as he pleases. Second, they assume that God is a part of his creation to some considerable extent that he can create something out-side himself that his own being cannot do. A rock, for an example, is finite. God cannot make a rock with divine qualities, otherwise divine qualities are not divine since they were created from nothing. Something created cannot be divine, and God cannot create God. So, the answer is a divine Rock is impossible to create. Third, they assume that God has a physical stature or composition where he can lift something. He is Spirit and is not confined to an area, to creation, to anything we can grasp. They either think of him as an old man in the sky, or they think of him as some invisible blob that we cannot see. Rather, God doesn't have a form like that. He is here, he is there, he is everywhere present. He isn't made up of some material, he is here. Psalm 139 explains this, that no matter where you are, he is there. Not some confined presence, he is the I AM who has no physical-invisible form.

There is more than this, but these are enough to put their argument to rest. It is an invalid question and cannot be answered to begin with.

The only way we can really answer this without violating any rule of reality is Jesus. He has created large stone that his human nature cannot lift, yet this doesn't mean he cannot "lift it" (whatever that means) in his divine nature. But, that might be a bad answer haha...

Here is a scientific answer: God is outside of space and creation, and himself is not confined to space and creation. How does a creature, such as a rock, be created outside of creation and outside of space? Flawed question, again.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Now, some skeptics will ask this question: if God is omnipotent, then can he create a rock that he cannot lift? If so, this contradicts his omnipotence either way. I don't know how many people have heard of this argument.

I often respond to such critics that such a question is invalid from the start. First, they assume omnipotence means that God can violate his own attributes. God cannot sin, for an example. Rather, omnipotence refers to the fact that he can do anything that is possible, he is infinitely powerful enough to affect any and all things as he pleases. Second, they assume that God is a part of his creation to some considerable extent that he can create something out-side himself that his own being cannot do. A rock, for an example, is finite. God cannot make a rock with divine qualities, otherwise divine qualities are not divine since they were created from nothing. Something created cannot be divine, and God cannot create God. So, the answer is a divine Rock is impossible to create. Third, they assume that God has a physical stature or composition where he can lift something. He is Spirit and is not confined to an area, to creation, to anything we can grasp. They either think of him as an old man in the sky, or they think of him as some invisible blob that we cannot see. Rather, God doesn't have a form like that. He is here, he is there, he is everywhere present. He isn't made up of some material, he is here. Psalm 139 explains this, that no matter where you are, he is there. Not some confined presence, he is the I AM who has no physical-invisible form.

There is more than this, but these are enough to put their argument to rest. It is an invalid question and cannot be answered to begin with.

The only way we can really answer this without violating any rule of reality is Jesus. He has created large stone that his human nature cannot lift, yet this doesn't mean he cannot "lift it" (whatever that means) in his divine nature. But, that might be a bad answer haha...

Here is a scientific answer: God is outside of space and creation, and himself is not confined to space and creation. How does a creature, such as a rock, be created outside of creation and outside of space? Flawed question, again.
God is divine by nature. Humanity can be partakers of the divine nature by Grace.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Oh my! Calvinism never ends.

Agreed. But notice that same "solution" is tried in each of the post-response sequences... simply "ignore the texts that refute Calvinism - and post something else"

• Agree
Reactions: renniks
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
God is divine by nature. Humanity can be partakers of the divine nature by Grace.

I'm sorry, I cannot agree with this unless we are talking about the communicable attributes of the divine nature.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Agreed. But notice that same "solution" is tried in each of the post-response sequences... simply "ignore the texts that refute Calvinism - and post something else"

I am ignoring it because it is downplayed, mocked, and laughed at. I won't respond to people who treat these doctrines like that.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I'm new to the idea of Calvinism. Does that mean predestination. That we have no choice? That God determines our paths? Or is Calvinism something else? I looked up the wiki article on it and it was confusing to me.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm new to the idea of Calvinism. Does that mean predestination. That we have no choice? That God determines our paths? Or is Calvinism something else? I looked up the wiki article on it and it was confusing to me.

When we speak of "free will," we aren't referring to the power of choice. This is one of the misunderstood conceptions people have about that. We affirm that people make conscious choices, freely and willingly, but it is the fact that we make them based on our desires. Scripture says that we are enslaved to sin (John 8:34), that the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately sick (Jeremiah 17:9). Ephesians 2 says that we are dead in sin, following the course of this world, led by our passions and desires. In other words, we affirm that apart from God's working grace, man is utterly destitute of choosing the right path. We do not have the freedom to choose Christ, because sin enslaves us to love what is evil and pursue what is against God (John 3:20).

"For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those in the flesh cannot please God." - Romans 8:7-8

We are by nature corrupt in our thinking, in our affections, and even in our will. Our first parents were the only humans who were free from this in the beginning, before they fell. But they brought on all of us corruption of the human nature, we are by nature sinful. We don't make the right choices, we hate God, etc etc. This is what we mean by the fact that the will is not free. The act of regeneration is necessary for you to break that enslavement, and this is the work of God's Spirit. Regeneration restores and revives that dead soul to see what is right, what is good, and turns their will to choose and seek Christ after hearing the gospel.

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit." - John 3:6-8

We don't effect that work, God's Spirit does. It isn't subjective to our will, how can it if we are dead in sin? If we are in open hostility to God? We don't care. Regeneration changes us and makes us a new person, who comes from blindness to sight, deafness to hearing, from dead to life.

Now, about the freedom of choice and the eternal decree of God is another subject. Calvinism, as it is named after someone who was the first to speak the most about such doctrines, teaches what we call Compatiblism. That God is not only sovereign over every detail of life, including the outcome of what is to happen, having them decreed before the world was created, but that man is still consciously making choices in that decree as we were decreed to choose. It is confusing at first, but this is spelled out throughout the bible. That man is responsible before God, that he responds to God, yet it was already planned that we would have consciously made those choices freely and willingly.

An example of this is Joseph, if you know the story. He dreamed that he would be leader and ruler, and that his brothers would bow down to him. Of course, his dreams stirred his brothers to so much hate and jealousy that they sold him to Ishmaelite traders, who sold him to Egypt. It so happened that he became a slave who was trusted by a master, then accused by the master's wife to be in prison, then in prison talking to criminals about their dreams, one of whom mentions him to Pharaoh who had several of his own dreams and brought Joseph to interpret it, and after God did interpret Pharaoh made him second ruler in Egypt throughout the plentiful and famine years. The famine drove his brothers to seek for food in Egypt, and bowed themselves to Joseph who was ruler. You see here that God predestined that this end would occur, so he used the choices of his brothers, his master's wife, the prison guard, and the cup bearer all to accomplish those dreams. They did not know that they did exactly everything that God planned to do. Joseph tells his brothers this:

"As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant is for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today." - Genesis 50:20

God predestined, yet used the willful choices of men to accomplish his purpose. Isn't this the same thing with Jesus and all the prophecies made about him? Yet, the Jews and the Romans willingly had him crucified in their own minds, yet did not know that it was destined to occur that they would make these choices to fulfill God's purpose to bring salvation to the world. He has sovereignty in such a mysterious way, we cannot explain how that is.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Salvation is about theosis and participating in the uncreated Grace of God.

I don't know, it seems pretty foreign to the prophecies made in the Old Testament concerning Jesus and his mission. Can you prove thesosis with the Old Testament? The reason why I use the Old Testament, because salvation in the New Testament is understood in the Old Testament as well. If you can use verses from one, then you should be able to answer it from the other that spoke about the coming salvation...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When we speak of "free will," we aren't referring to the power of choice. This is one of the misunderstood conceptions people have about that. We affirm that people make conscious choices, freely and willingly, but it is the fact that we make them based on our desires. Scripture says that we are enslaved to sin (John 8:34), that the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately sick (Jeremiah 17:9). Ephesians 2 says that we are dead in sin, following the course of this world, led by our passions and desires. In other words, we affirm that apart from God's working grace, man is utterly destitute of choosing the right path. We do not have the freedom to choose Christ, because sin enslaves us to love what is evil and pursue what is against God (John 3:20).

"For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those in the flesh cannot please God." - Romans 8:7-8

We are by nature corrupt in our thinking, in our affections, and even in our will. Our first parents were the only humans who were free from this in the beginning, before they fell. But they brought on all of us corruption of the human nature, we are by nature sinful. We don't make the right choices, we hate God, etc etc. This is what we mean by the fact that the will is not free. The act of regeneration is necessary for you to break that enslavement, and this is the work of God's Spirit. Regeneration restores and revives that dead soul to see what is right, what is good, and turns their will to choose and seek Christ after hearing the gospel.

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit." - John 3:6-8

We don't effect that work, God's Spirit does. It isn't subjective to our will, how can it if we are dead in sin? If we are in open hostility to God? We don't care. Regeneration changes us and makes us a new person, who comes from blindness to sight, deafness to hearing, from dead to life.

Now, about the freedom of choice and the eternal decree of God is another subject. Calvinism, as it is named after someone who was the first to speak the most about such doctrines, teaches what we call Compatiblism. That God is not only sovereign over every detail of life, including the outcome of what is to happen, having them decreed before the world was created, but that man is still consciously making choices in that decree as we were decreed to choose. It is confusing at first, but this is spelled out throughout the bible. That man is responsible before God, that he responds to God, yet it was already planned that we would have consciously made those choices freely and willingly.

An example of this is Joseph, if you know the story. He dreamed that he would be leader and ruler, and that his brothers would bow down to him. Of course, his dreams stirred his brothers to so much hate and jealousy that they sold him to Ishmaelite traders, who sold him to Egypt. It so happened that he became a slave who was trusted by a master, then accused by the master's wife to be in prison, then in prison talking to criminals about their dreams, one of whom mentions him to Pharaoh who had several of his own dreams and brought Joseph to interpret it, and after God did interpret Pharaoh made him second ruler in Egypt throughout the plentiful and famine years. The famine drove his brothers to seek for food in Egypt, and bowed themselves to Joseph who was ruler. You see here that God predestined that this end would occur, so he used the choices of his brothers, his master's wife, the prison guard, and the cup bearer all to accomplish those dreams. They did not know that they did exactly everything that God planned to do. Joseph tells his brothers this:

"As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant is for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today." - Genesis 50:20

God predestined, yet used the willful choices of men to accomplish his purpose. Isn't this the same thing with Jesus and all the prophecies made about him? Yet, the Jews and the Romans willingly had him crucified in their own minds, yet did not know that it was destined to occur that they would make these choices to fulfill God's purpose to bring salvation to the world. He has sovereignty in such a mysterious way, we cannot explain how that is.

I think I understand but must ask one silly question: Is then life more like a dream, where we just go along with predestination and what God created before earth existed?

Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is God really Omnipotent?
Of course He is.

Choosing not to do something or postponing something you will do is not a lack of potency. It's a display of grace and patience.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've started to realize that God may not be fully omnipotent. For instance he doesn't make the world a perfect place, but heaven he does? He doesn't answer all prayers? So is he omnipotent?

Can you prove that He is omnipotent?

What makes you think he could make the world perfect, if he wanted to?
Did it occur to you, that everything is going according to plan, exactly as he intended?

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't know, it seems pretty foreign to the prophecies made in the Old Testament concerning Jesus and his mission. Can you prove thesosis with the Old Testament? The reason why I use the Old Testament, because salvation in the New Testament is understood in the Old Testament as well. If you can use verses from one, then you should be able to answer it from the other that spoke about the coming salvation...
Well, I always heard the Old Testament should be looked through Christ (maybe that's why there are non-Trinitarians) but I will check.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What makes you think he could make the world perfect, if he wanted to?
Did it occur to you, that everything is going according to plan, exactly as he intended?

While I would like to believe that. I should point out some opposition to those ideas for conjecture.

God apparently made heaven perfect. And some people don't get to be there in that perfect place He created. Only the earth is imperfect. And he created that too. Jesus is supposed to return and perfect the earthly existence in the millennium?

According to plan? Well you could look at someone that lost an arm or leg in war and say it wasn't planned by God. I would think people make choices and God and Satan influence them to choose. And that's why we hold people accountable in court for their actions. It's also why Satan is destined to spirit prison. Perhaps peoples plans are being carried out at times, not Gods?

Upvote 0