Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's just respectful--don't you think?
I've done nothing unrespectful.

Sometimes before answering an O.P., I like to make sure what the person is asking.

I find it interesting that he's a Buddhist and is asking about God.

He could not answer...it's his thread...
I was addressing HIM....
why are YOU speaking to me?

Please stop this conversation.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
♥How do you know God exists? ♥What was it that convinced you and continues to convince you?
♥Are you sure?
♥How can I know God?

I have two personal reasons on the first question.

1) Is my personal utility argument. I spent some time as an agnostic, and a do it yourself Taoist. I have been able to observe myself in different situations etc. and well after going through life and experimenting I find that I am better off as a Christian. This is especially true when it comes to bringing out "the best part of me" as far as an Ego Ideal... I tend to do better as a Christian, I feel the need to go the extra mile etc. that I wouldn't normally have.

2) On the Scientific end of things, I have been very influenced by Christian Apologist / Astro-Physicist Hugh Ross. In many ways I believe that Cosmos itself testifies of God... and the God of the Bible in particular.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're a Buddhist.
Do YOU believe God exists?
Why?
What makes you believe Buddhism makes sense?

Please reply.
thanks.
:)

look at the avatar. He's pulling the bow, ready to send those fiery darts. Lift the shield of faith.

• Haha
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
I've done nothing unrespectful.

Sometimes before answering an O.P., I like to make sure what the person is asking.

I find it interesting that he's a Buddhist and is asking about God.

He could not answer...it's his thread...
I was addressing HIM....
why are YOU speaking to me?

Please stop this conversation.
Thanks.
Ha--okay. Maybe, try not being so sensitive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
♥How do you know God exists?
My main reason is having the Holy Spirit. I asked God for it because I wanted to be born again.

♥What was it that convinced you and continues to convince you?
That convinced me the most and continues to.

I have some other things to add though: the Bible is very convincing. Sometimes the language used indicates of a higher being.
♥Are you sure?
Yes.
♥How can I know God?
To do as I did, ask God for the Holy Spirit. If you're not ready for that, you can ask Him for proof.

You can get to know Him, He is there to be found. To all that seek:

he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Hebrews 11:6

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
♥How do you know God exists? ♥What was it that convinced you and continues to convince you?
♥Are you sure?
♥How can I know God?
Personally I always believed there was a "creator". I came close through some periods of thinking maybe there isn't but I never said it in my heart.

The Bible convinced me that the God described within is real and the true God. It's what I turn to when I doubt or need reassurance and it never fails. Once I believed, placing my faith in Jesus and the gospel to save me things started to become more clear. Gradually I became more and more convinced. There's still sporadic doubts out of nowhere but they're fewer as time goes on.

Romans 1:20 says that within us is the knowledge of God existing and I believe it. Romans also says that our faith comes from hearing the Bible and the gospel.

Your last question is important. I'm going to get a bit personal. You can know God by faith. Aknowlege your sin and realise there's a penalty, Hell. You will go there if you are not saved. Hell is eternal punishment...

However there is good news, Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. You can be saved by faith. Placing your trust in what Jesus did to pay for your sins. Rest upon God's promise.

John 3:16 says For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God loves you and wants you to know him, to know you are saved. All that's required is that you by faith, ask God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
♥Are you sure?
♥How can I know God?
It's logical. You can't have a universe that shows great complexity and creativity and not have a Creator.
He has spoken to me in very personal ways, although not audibly.
Yes I'm sure. I might not be sure of everything I understand about him, but I'm sure he exists.
You get to know him better by seeking him in prayer, and reading his book, and taking note of his creativity in the natural world.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
♥How can I know God?
♥Are you sure?
♥How can I know God?

Well I'm sure you have heard about praying to God, going to church, altar calls of praying for salvation, getting baptized and such. I suspect at least that you are investigating things at least intellectually speaking and a sense of curiosity and are already on your journey so to speak.

Personally, I have sometimes seen the hand of God looking back on my life in hindsight. But there are some occasions that are special where I was rescued from a situation against all odds etc.

I will say this, part of the spiritual life, that it makes it work is having the right attitude about life. As a Christian it helps to be something of a Stoic, and indeed their are many Bible verses that seem to reflect that attitude/philosophy of life. And of late, I have been known to watch a Stoic video or two, I also have gone back to some of the Eastern philosophies of my youth like Lao-Tzu etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0