• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Is God Real?

Discussion in 'Teen's Advice' started by WarJar, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Shane Plew

Shane Plew Cured

+5
    Atheist
    Single
    No. Wrong. I did it many times over a span of about 13ish years, and it was definitely genuine with belief in my heart. No sign, ever. Not one prayer was answered in seventeen years of my life, which is probably the main reason I ever questioned my faith in the first place.

2. Chany

Chany Uncertain Absurdist

+215
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Others
    You're asking people who don't believe in something to simply believe in that something and wait for a sign.

It really doesn't work that way. You don't make demands of God.

You're blaming skeptics and rationally-driven people for being themselves. Sorry, I waited for a sign that I couldn't explain through natural means. I never got one. I am not going to set my life onto a path based upon a whim.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  3. emilie mayer

emilie mayer Newbie

+15
    Christian
    Married
    Chany it seems you do believe. You said it it your post. Your quote (YOU DONT MAKE DEMANDS OF GOD)

4. emilie mayer

emilie mayer Newbie

+15
    Christian
    Married
    God gives wisdom to all who ask. If you ask God for wisdom He will give it to you. He does it witbout finding fault. I have always known God is God ever since I was little. I couldnt explain why I know I just know without a doubt that God is God and He gave His only son Jesus to die on the cross for my sins. God will show you on His time and His way. A person couldnt convince you only God can do that. But its a good thing you are seeking answers. God bless, I am praying you get the wisdom you seek.

5. ForJesusChrist

ForJesusChrist Follower of Christ

+103
    Christian
    Single
    One way of knowing God exist is the fact that you are alive.

6. Shane Plew

Shane Plew Cured

+5
    Atheist
    Single
    Way to resurrect this long dead thread, but put simply, this is untrue.

7. Chany

Chany Uncertain Absurdist

+215
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Others
    Oh look, necro-ed thread time!

8. Gnostic Guy

Gnostic Guy Follower of Gnosticism

+6
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I am going to resurrect this thread here because it seems to have gone on unanswered for too long. All one has to do in order to answer this is to look where atheists cannot explain ex universe origins. We have proved that the universe has an origin because it is constantly expanding outward. Because of this, something like the big bang happened, but to say that it all just appeared into existence defies the laws of conservation of mass and energy. Also to say that it is "reborn" so to speak in and endless cycle, you have to have a beginning for it. For example, the water cycle hasn't always been going on. Earth had to get water in its atmosphere, cool off and then begin the cycle. As for going to hell just for not believing in God, it is not fair for people who have not even heard of him to be punished for all of eternity for that. Thus the reason I follow Christian Gnosticism which says that you "follow another soul through life" (reincarnation) until you attain knowledge of the true Father and physically die and go to heaven.

9. thesunisout

thesunisout growing in grace Supporter

+1,367
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi Gnostic guy, I just wrote about the unfairness you're talking about:

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...elieves-in-jesus-saved.7908604/#post-68651679

Let me know what you think, thanks!

10. Benama

Benama New Member

+15
    Philippines
    Non-Denom
    Single
    The more you talk to God as your actual father, the more he will talk to you, and show you signs and wonders.

I for one, am a dreamer. God sometimes uses my dreams to communicate with me. It's amazing. Reply if you want some examples.