Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's will seems to be that we go around in circles on this issue Clare. And that may be true, emulating the Great Circle - the exitus et reditus of Aquinas, the fall and resurrection of the Last Adam in Christ. The loss and recovery of the nations, the eventual renewal of all creation in the Eschaton.
What became of open discussion? Jesus believed in it.

Luke 10:26 NIV
“What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

Upvote 0

misput

JimD
Sep 5, 2018
Pacific, Mo.
✟152,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am reminded of Job, after God declared him a righteous man and Job blabbering with his three friends for what seems like days on end, each one thinking they had the right answer, kind of like we do on this forum. He finally says, now I see God and I shut my mouth, abhor myself and repent. If anyone thinks they have all the right answers, they might ought to think again. Of course this does not apply to any of us, because we, unlike Job, have it all figured out ; )

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am reminded of Job, after God declared him a righteous man and Job blabbering with his three friends for what seems like days on end, each one thinking they had the right answer, kind of like we do on this forum. He finally says, now I see God and I shut my mouth, abhor myself and repent. If anyone thinks they have all the right answers, they might ought to think again. Of course this does not apply to any of us, because
we, unlike Job, have it all figured out ; )
Speak for yourself.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please tell me you did not take the line you highlighted seriously. I was jokingly trying to help us see ourselves.

Ever feel like "We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn."..? Many times in life I've felt, 'I told a joke, and ye did not laugh'.

Upvote 0