✟7,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello all,

I was wondering if you all could give me some advice. I feel like God could be calling me to be a priest. I just have this urge to always be with Him in prayer, so much so that I stopped going to parties and stay home kneeling in prayer before a prayer shrine I have built in my room. I would rather be in benediction (eucharistic adoration) than out at the mall with my friends.

I just have so many mixed feelings about what God is truly doing in my life and what His will is for me.

So if you all have any advice on discernment or just prayers to help me to see His will, it will all be an immense blessing,

Pax Christi vobiscum!

ThePapist

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
Hello all,

I was wondering if you all could give me some advice. I feel like God could be calling me to be a priest. I just have this urge to always be with Him in prayer, so much so that I stopped going to parties and stay home kneeling in prayer before a prayer shrine I have built in my room. I would rather be in benediction (eucharistic adoration) than out at the mall with my friends.

I just have so many mixed feelings about what God is truly doing in my life and what His will is for me.

So if you all have any advice on discernment or just prayers to help me to see His will, it will all be an immense blessing,

Pax Christi vobiscum!

ThePapist

You should PM me....

Basically, the best thing to do is talk to a vocation recruiter. How long have you felt this way? If it has been 6 months or more, I would start talking.

You may be called to religious life. Is being in your area important to you?
Do you feel called to working with people or staying mostly devoted to prayer with some work within a monastery?

There are many times of priests and you can live a life of prayer without having to be ordained.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
When I was exploring the possibility of becoming a nun (I have been excluded), I read a very interesting book that basically said that all are called to religious vocations and that the only question is whether you have compelling reason not to answer. It drew upon the traditional understanding of the call to vocation, and basically said that the present idea that we should have some sort of feeling based calling is a modern invention.

May you find your way.

Upvote 0