Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
we get that from atheists all the time. already been debunked

Even you have to admit to atheists making that very accusation against the Bible.

In Colter's religion -- Urantia is right and the Bible is wrong.

For atheist evolutionists - evolutionism is right and the Bible is most certainly wrong.
The bible gets some things wrong because humans wrote it and then said God wrote it.

Religion should confess its own sins for a change. ^_^

• Winner
Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The flood story was a genealogical devise used by the Hebrew priest who redacted, expanded and vastly exaggerated Israelite history. The flood is a terribly misleading fiction used to trace bloodlines back to Adam. Unable to do so they decided to drown the whole world.

Not so since Adam, who was made with an intelligence like God's. Gen 3:22 must be inherited since gradual periods of time and zillions of mutations do not and cannot produce Adam's superior intelligence in Apes. Following is the flood story Scripturally:

As Adam's firmament began to sank in Lake Van, Turkey, 11,000 years ago, after 40 days and nights of rain coming through the windows of the firmament, the covered Ark left the ground. One hundred and ten days later, the Ark was above the highest mountains on Adam's small world, which was only miles in diameter, Gen 7:24 AND it also rested upon the mountains of Ararat on that SAME day. Gen 8:4 History AGREES and documents the arrival of the FIRST Humans (descendants of Adam) in the Fertile Crescent in Northern Mesopotamia, EXACTLY as God told us in Genesis. Amen?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Not so since Adam, who was made with an intelligence like God's. Gen 3:22 must be inherited since gradual periods of time and zillions of mutations do not and cannot produce Adam's superior intelligence in Apes.
It can and it has. We are living proof.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the big bang and an old earth. I also believe in a literal interpretation of the bible. I believe God showed Moses creation in the best way Moses could understand it. Could Moses understand nuclear science? No.

Could Moses understand day 1 through day 6? Of course, and he could question how there was light before there was a sun or moon. Yahweh didn't give us a choice of compromising with long ages.

He never accepts compromise. This is why Yeshua cannot be a prophet or a good man. He is either Yah incarnate, or a madman or a liar.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Humble Servant of Christ

Humble Mustanger
Aug 12, 2016
Illinois
✟27,038.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Could Moses understand day 1 through day 6? Of course, and he could question how there was light before there was a sun or moon. Yahweh didn't give us a choice of compromising with long ages.

He never accepts compromise. This is why Yeshua cannot be a prophet or a good man. He is either Yah incarnate, or a madman or a liar.
Do you use interpretation and context when reading the bible. Look at my previous post. Revelations 20:8...do you believe the earth has 4 corners and is therefore. Ot a sphere? Look at the other bible passages and tell me if you use context and interpretation.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The flood story was a genealogical devise used by the Hebrew priest who redacted, expanded and vastly exaggerated Israelite history.

We get that from our atheist friends all the time. Already debunked

Debunked in the scriptural idolitry bubble. Meanwhile, out in the real world we have facts.

Certainly it is true that the Bible debunks Urantia nonsense - no question there. Protestant Reformation and "sola scriptura testing of all doctrine and practice" is what you are opposing.

But so also does history and "observations in nature" debunk the Urantia myths. So then... "God is not a liar".

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

True - God tells the Truth.

And also true that Moses was well acquainted with 'evening and morning' and first day, second day, third day etc. Also he knew about the existence of the Sun and Moon, and grass, and animal, fish and birds, and air and dry land. These were not concepts that were "beyond his reach" nor beyond the reach of the newly freed slaves from Egypt - his primary intended readers.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you use interpretation and context when reading the bible. Look at my previous post. Revelations 20:8...do you believe the earth has 4 corners and is therefore. Ot a sphere? Look at the other bible passages and tell me if you use context and interpretation.

I believe modern maps of the earth have four corners -- shall we "not trust them"???

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
We get that from our atheist friends all the time. Already debunked

Certainly it is true that the Bible debunks Urantia nonsense - no question there. Protestant Reformation and "sola scriptura testing of all doctrine and practice" is what you are opposing.

But so also does history and "observations in nature" debunk the Urantia myths. So then... "God is not a liar".

Those who wrote the scriptures and then said God wrote them were the liars. Today literalist get their authority from the same faulty foundation. You have become a laughing stock in contemporary society and frankly inhibit people finding Christ because of the association of so much erroneous conjecture about the history of the earth.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Atheist are right about some things. The doctrine of the inspiration of the scripture has been debunked by facts.

Not in real life. This is what we keep pointing out to the atheists.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Those who wrote the scriptures and then said God wrote them were the liars. .

We get that from our atheist friends all the time. Already debunked.

One of the many reasons not to trade in the real Bible for "Urantia".

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
We get that from our atheist friends all the time. Already debunked.

One of the many reasons not to trade in the real Bible for "Urantia".
Not debunked, deluded is a better word. Bible worshippers confuse faith in God with faith in the opinions of corrupt holy men.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
It can and it has. We are living proof.

We are living proof of God's account in Genesis since we have the superior intelligence which ONLY God and Adam have Gen 3:22 AND we have DNA from prehistoric people who descended from the common ancestor of Apes on our Earth. Gen 6:4 History records that Human civilization on this Earth can be traced to the arrival of Humans (Adam's descendants) 11,000 years ago in the mountains of Ararat. The empirical evidence is in the Fertile Crescent of Northern Mesopotamia, just down the mountain from Lake Van, Turkey where the 450' long Ark arrived on our planet. Gen 8:4

Evolutionists/Scoffers of the last days do NOT know that Adam's entire Universe/Heaven was totally destroyed in Noah's flood. They made up the False idea that Humans magically evolved our superior intelligence from mindless nature, because they are willingly ignorant of God's Truth of the flood. ll Peter 3:3-7 Today, evolutionists are caught in God's Snare or Trap which He set with the flood, which separates Christians from unbelievers. Gen 8:1 Christians must ask themselves whether they AGREE with the Scoffers of the last days or with God's Holy Word. God Bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Have you ever heard of metaphors or just common language? How about perspective? Where are the ends of the earth? The corners of my beard? The corners of a garment? Sunset or sunrise? Does the sun really set or rise? Where is the East and is it really as far east as you can go on a globe?

Upvote 0

Humble Servant of Christ

Humble Mustanger
Aug 12, 2016
Illinois
✟27,038.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I believe modern maps of the earth have four corners -- shall we "not trust them"???
The bible passage does not say the 4 corners of the map. It states 4 corners of the earth. You only use what is written exactly in the Bible with no context so do you believe the earth has a skirt as stated in Job 38:13? What about Ecclesciates 1:5....do you read this in the context of standing on the earth or based on your non contextual view ... does the earth move aound the earth?

Upvote 0

Humble Servant of Christ

Humble Mustanger
Aug 12, 2016
Illinois
✟27,038.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever heard of metaphors or just common language? How about perspective? Where are the ends of the earth? The corners of my beard? The corners of a garment? Sunset or sunrise? Does the sun really set or rise? Where is the East and is it really as far east as you can go on a globe?
Of course i use context....like interpreting the 1st "day" in Genesis to mean that it is seen from perspective of the earth after the universe was formed. I use context to use the valid interpretation for a length of time not 24 hours. It is the young earth crowd that does not use context in genesis 1. I only ask if you deny context in genesis 1 then deny it everywhere in bible. If you believe in metaphors in Revelations 20:8, why not believe genesis is a metaphor?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan said:

The bible passage does not say the 4 corners of the map. It states 4 corners of the earth.

And the "Four winds of heaven" and

31 And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

You only use what is written exactly in the Bible with no context

Making that statement you quote only "you" -- why do that as a claim for my position?? The Bible uses imagery just as we say today "from the four corners of the earth" and as we say "what time is sunset".

Here I state the obvious. You know it as well as I do.

so do you believe the earth has a skirt as stated in Job 38:13? What about Ecclesciates 1:5....do you read this in the context of standing on the earth

To this very day - you can find sunrise and sunset calendar apps online. Is this supposed to convince us that in our culture nothing is literally true?

I think we all know that does not work.

We can take the "obvious" today just as in the bible - without claiming that "everything is up for grabs and revisionism"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not debunked, deluded is a better word. Bible worshippers confuse faith in God with faith in the opinions of corrupt holy men.

We get that from our atheist friends all the time. They are wrong to make such false baseless accusations.

Upvote 0