God is a...

• He

• She

• It

• Other

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, "God" generally refers to a male deity. But I observe divinity in both the male and female aspect. Which are both an extension of a higher souce of energy without mind, gender, or shape. An unknowable entity, not necessarily the creator of the unvierse, but the universe itself. Therefore, all things are, in their own right, divine.

Forgive me if I'm out of line posting this, as my views on divinity our not quite your own...

Alternate views are always welcomed! Wether your view of the Holy Other has a diferent name or flow or whatever does not negate the fact that we are all here on this plane on similar paths.

For the record, I voted "none of the above" as I believe the Holy Other (God) is beyond our labels and certainly beyond gender.

Upvote 0

michaeldimmickjr

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.
Apr 9, 2005
✟8,802.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God transcends human concepts.

"Furthermore, many of those things about God which are not clearly perceived cannot be fittingly described, so that we are obliged to express in human terms things which transcend the human order. Thus, for example, in speaking about God we attribute to Him sleep, anger, indifference, hands and feet, and the alike. Now, we both know and confess that God is without beginning and without end, everlasting and eternal, uncreated, unchangeable, inalterable, simple, uncompounded, incorporeal, invisible, impalpable, uncircumscribed, unlimited, incomprehensible, uncontained, unfathomable, good, just, the maker of all created things, all-powerful, all-ruling, all-seeing, the provider, the sovereign, and the judge of all." -- St. John of Damascus

Last edited:
Upvote 0

michaeldimmickjr

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.
Apr 9, 2005
✟8,802.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I believe in a God of Trinitarian gender status...

(He) God the Father - the One is wholly other, who is Holiness and Justice... He will punish wickedness
(She) God the Mother/ The Holy Spirit and Creator - who is always here to nurture and comfort Her children
(S/he) The incarnation of God in the Intersexed Jesus, who is biologically female (being born of the virgin Mary with NO human male DNA) and physically male.

God the Father is not One - but God is One. Jesus Christ is Fully God and fully Man. Nowhere, in scripture or the Church do we believe that Christ is "intersexed..." Christ is not a hermaphrodite. The Holy Spirit is NOT a "mother." Where are you getting this?

In Christ,

Michael

Upvote 0

rakovsky

Apr 8, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟67,675.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In English and its root languages, "God" is a male proper noun, and hence uses the pronoun of "He". By comparison, "the god" and "the goddess" would use "he" and "she" respectively.

The Hebrew word for God in the Bible is Elohim, which is interesting, because this takes the form of a plural noun (by using -im) in Hebrew, and hence one would assume that it should use a plural pronoun (They). Yet due to Monotheism, I guess, Elohim in Hebrew uses the male single pronoun He.

Upvote 0