Is gluttony (being grossly overweight) sinful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaFINEa

Feb 5, 2005
✟338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
FollowingJesus said:
I don't know. When we look at the increasing rates of childhood obesity, it's hard to believe that the parents are teaching the value of a proper diet. Mainly because the parents, too, need to be educated about what a 'proper diet' is.

That was, essentially, my point. :) We learn by watching our parents -and we learn through them what is "good" and what is "bad." If they have a poor idea of what it means to be healthy & if they see nothing wrong with eating fast food all the time, we will -no doubt- adopt that very same (unhealthy) attitude about food & general health care for the body.

FollowingJesus said:
Agreed. As I've posted SEVERAL times, the OP was poorly worded. (But I guess my explanation wasn't sufficient as my error is repeatedly brought up. (kind of like someone 'sinning'(ie missing the mark), repenting, and then having people keep bringing up the original sin :idea: ;)))

That said, I never meant to suggest that it was right to condem anyone of anything...

The point I was trying to make is that other issues of sin are REGULARLY addressed (and pointed out as sinful) in the church (ie alcoholism, homosexuality, etc), but gluttony (as it relates to food) is rarely addressed.

I see what you are saying -but I did not intend to bring up "old wounds," so to speak. I don't think I had even read every single post on this board at the time of my initial post. If so, it certainly wasn't my intention to berrate you in any way. You have a right to your own opinion & if you had used the wrong words to express yourself, well -I guess we are all in trouble then, lol. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.