Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
What you call cruel about God, I call just. None of us deserve to go to heaven because of the sinful nature we were born with by Adams sin.

This would only be just if, before I was born, I was given a choice between being perfect, and being human, and chose to be human.

None of us chose to be created human, but, being human, none of us has the option of being perfect, because GOD MADE US THIS WAY.

It is pure sadism for God to create us imperfect and then decide to punish us for it. There is NOTHING of justice in this.

You can choose to have such a God, if you prefer, but I do not. I have a God who has reconciled mankind to himself out of love, not simply to avoid having to punish everyone for a choice that HE made.

Upvote 0

Jeffz

one man free
Sep 3, 2009
Union Grove, WI, USA
✟8,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bless you Stormdancer for your simple words that are so eloquent in their simplicity, even children can understand God, sometimes we are to smart for our own good, God says that He will bring to not the wisdom of Man. God's love is so pursuasive that it cuts through the heart may it penetrate those that think they can judge the creator of the universe who stands where they think he is not.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Here is another approach to the same question, for the elitists.

Imagine you get to eternity, and as you are passing through the gates you see Gandhi ahead of you, chatting to St Peter.

Would you turn around and leave, or would you go forward and say 'hello'?

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Can we conclude then that since God is love, anyone displaying love towards mankind must therefore be imbued with the spirit of God.

The atheistic humanist, the hindu, the buddhist, the wiccan, the christian and whoever else may come is entitled to life eternal because they have lived a life of good works and love.

What happened to the verse saying "We are saved by grace, not works, lest any man should boast."

Again, CatherineAnne, you are limiting God to your limited sense of fairness. If God were so limited, He wouldn't have sent His Son to die for us. What is "fair" about that? What's fair about God using His creative powers to create a beautiful world, and to place His own breath into His greatest creation, only to be rejected and defied? What's fair about the fact that God sent prophet after prophet to warn Israel that they were straying, only to see them worship other gods? God didn't create man to be sinners. Man did that on their own.

God gives and gives and gives. Now you want Him to just let anyone who "lives a good life" come into His pure and holy Presence? Even though they have sinned?

That's like going to a judge and saying, "I know I killed that man. But look at all the people I DIDN'T kill. Surely my good works outweigh my bad ones." You can say it, but it won't work. And the biggest sin of all is to reject His Son, not accepting His sacrifice as the ONLY way to enter Heaven.

Upvote 0

T Man

Walking In Faith
Jul 29, 2008
Perth Wesrtern Australia
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
have you recently been promoted above God, if the answer is no, then its not your concern, what is your concern is you, what are you doing and are you following His commands. I feel we can all spend far to much time looking over the fence at the faults of our neighbours, when you do this, you fail you. God alone will judge others and you, if your not doing His will. Matthew 7, makes great reading.

Time is short people, use it wisely, fix the you part everyday, it will keep you in His favour and all else will fall into place.

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
have you recently been promoted above God, if the answer is no, then its not your concern, what is your concern is you, what are you doing and are you following His commands. I feel we can all spend far to much time looking over the fence at the faults of our neighbours, when you do this, you fail you. God alone will judge others and you, if your not doing His will. Matthew 7, makes great reading.

Time is short people, use it wisely, fix the you part everyday, it will keep you in His favour and all else will fall into place.

I think we should ALL be concerned with false teachings. Claiming that anyone living a "good life" and doing works will earn their way into heaven is a lie, and not supported by scripture. As Christians, it is our responsibility to correct such false teachings. Jesus said that anyone who leads one of His children astray, it would be better for them to have a millstone around his neck and be thrown into the sea. Surely, if we can correct such teaching, we are in God's will.

Upvote 0

T Man

Walking In Faith
Jul 29, 2008
Perth Wesrtern Australia
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
I agree with going after false teachers and teachings, but Whats Ganghi got to do wih anything that is Jesus.

Another of the disciples said to him, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father." And Jesus said to him, "Follow me, and leave the dead to bury their own dead."
(Mat 8:21-22)

If someone is not in Christ, they are dead already, for only in Christ do we live.

As it is writen..
We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.
(Rom 6:4-5)

Only watch over the children of God, those that are living, leave the dead alone. Men and woman are not called by us, they are called by God, if one is called its because God himself has seen their heart. Watch out for such ones and keep watch over them.

However we are not called to judge anyone, if Christ says they are dead, then they are dead, but we who know Christ keep our focus on Him because we know as we once were dead, He made alive, yet even as we now live we too can die again. Our focus is not for the dead, but for the living.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I think we should ALL be concerned with false teachings. Claiming that anyone living a "good life" and doing works will earn their way into heaven is a lie, and not supported by scripture. As Christians, it is our responsibility to correct such false teachings. Jesus said that anyone who leads one of His children astray, it would be better for them to have a millstone around his neck and be thrown into the sea. Surely, if we can correct such teaching, we are in God's will.

Before you throw any more toys out of your pram, look again. I did not say anyone earns their way to heaven. I said NOBODY does.

I said we all enter heaven by Grace, and by the will of God. Here it is again, in case you missed it:p

However, the next point is, as you are no doubt aware, works theology, and works theology is equally inapplicable to Hindus, Moslems, Jews and Christians. If, having seen and honoured their devout lives, God decides that such a person will enter eternity, this is an act of his Grace, not a reward for their behaviour. None of us earns our way to heaven, not even by being Christians. It is ALWAYS by grace.

God's Grace is not limited to Christians. Or, putting it another way, God is not a bigot.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Originally Posted by capnator
Can we conclude then that since God is love, anyone displaying love towards mankind must therefore be imbued with the spirit of God.

The atheistic humanist, the hindu, the buddhist, the wiccan, the christian and whoever else may come is entitled to life eternal because they have lived a life of good works and love.

What happened to the verse saying "We are saved by grace, not works, lest any man should boast."

Again, CatherineAnne, you are limiting God to your limited sense of fairness.

You are quoting Capnator, not me. And Capnator is asking a question, not limiting anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

makeupgirl

joint heirs with Christ
Sep 28, 2009
USA
✟15,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What you call cruel about God, I call just. None of us deserve to go to heaven because of the sinful nature we were born with by Adams sin.

So you actually believe that because someone who you personally never have met, for that matter no one you haver met has met, did something whatever it may have been...you, me and all humanity deserves to boil in hell forever??? That makes absolutely no sense...it makes less than no sense. IF I believed that god was that petty he would not be worth the time spent talking about him. He would be an evil despot. IF all it takes is one guy eating an apple (Yes I know its is symbolic and we really have no idea what Adam's actuall "sin" might have been) to damm everyone ..even those who were not born for billions of years after Adam did whatever it was he did, than that god would be an evil god not a good and loving god that anyone sane would choose to worship. Punishment of children for things there parents (or in this case ancient ancestors) did is cruel and lacks any sense of justice. It could never be defended.

However, this is the reason that Jesus came to earth, took on flesh and died on the cross for the sins of the whole world to buy us back. The ransom is paid in full. We owe all to Jesus because of the debt he paid on calvary's cross. He conquered death, hell, and the grave when he was ressurected. He also said I'm going to prepare a place for you and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself that where I am, there ye may be also. He also said I am the way, the truth and the life; no man comethi unto the Father but by me. Jesus paved the way for everyone to go to heaven but there are conditions to go there. There are some conditions to leave the US and to enter into another country. So what makes you think, this is not the same. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of Heaven. That's scripture that's the word of the Almighty God, it's doesn't make mistakes, it's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but.

If someone didn't receive Christ as their Lord and Savior and they was given the gospel of Christ but they rejected it, you're going to hell, you're not going to heaven. That's what his word says, and his word shall always stand. So, if Ghandi didn't accept Christ, then yes he is in Hell.

Again I think it sounds like you want heaven as some sort of special reward for being so accepting of what was taught to you. Not everyone beileves everything they are told or for that matter reads that is not backed up by proofs. That makes them wise. Ghandi did not deserve hell regardless of if or if not he "accepted" Christ. A true and powerful god suerly would have a better mesure of who should be included in hell and who whould be brought to heaven rather than saying blessed be the naive who will believe anything they are told. I think there are going to be a lot of surprised people in the end and Ghandi is not going to be one of them.

I believe in the God I serve on faith and I don't know any other so-called gods that have given evidence the way that Jesus has.

Really? What "evidence" do you suggest exist? Again anyone can write anything in a book but what "emphirical" evidence do you have to prove what you are suggesting?

I am not saying this because I do not believe in god, but rather I am explaining why it is a sad fallacy that anyone would condem someone to hell simply because they were not convinced of god's existence in light of the scant evidence for his existence beyond words on paper that have not been proven. Words that have been manipulated and changed over the centuries. We do not even know who the authors were and we have evidence that (actual evidence) that things have been added to it and subtraced from it over the last 2000 years are so.

I'm going by the Word of God, so to reject and deny what I'm saying is deny and rejecting, not to mention going against the Word of God. Why would you do that? God's word is plain and simple, it's not rocket science or the MCAT. It tells us what happened from Genesis to Revelations and what will happen. If you chose not to accept Christ as Lord and Savior, then reject him and you chose to worship Satan. John 3:3 says Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. vs. 5 says Verily, Verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. vs. 7 says Marvel not that I said unto thee, YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN. It doesn't get more simplier than this. We don't know if Gandi gave his life to Christ before his death, only God knows. What I'm saying is the truth from the word that if he didn't accept Christ, then he chose eternal damnation. Who are you to say that we're all deserve to go to Heaven? We don't because we're sinners by birth. Don't get offense for something we have no control over and don't get offense for the free gift that Jesus bestow upon us. He wants to free everyone from the sins that Adam started by eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. His disobedience brought on what's in the world today, which is why we're born into the world spiritual separated from God. Accept Jesus as the Lord and Savior of your life and the old man is cruxified to him. I'm sorry you can't accept that some won't enter into heaven simply because they won't accept Christ but this is thus saith the Lord according to his word.

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are quoting Capnator, not me. And Capnator is asking a question, not limiting anyone.

Sorry, Catherineanne.

I don't see a question in Capnator's words. I see a false declaration that living a good life is enough to get you into heaven, and according to the Bible, that's not true.

No one is entitled to eternal life. Not the buddhist, the hindu, or the Christian. The only difference is that the Christian has acknowledged the one true God; that we've accepted Christ's sacrifice. But if you belong to Christ, you will live for Him. Faith without works is dead. BUT works without faith in Jesus is equally dead.

Upvote 0

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm going by the Word of God, so to reject and deny what I'm saying is deny and rejecting, not to mention going against the Word of God. Why would you do that? God's word is plain and simple, it's not rocket science or the MCAT.

The MCAT is a challange to be sure...the organic chemistry section kicked my butt.

I am not rejecting merely pointing out what is my belief. No god worthy of worship cast anyone off to hell to burn and be tortured for all eternity without end. It would be grossly unfair to hand down a sentence to last eternity for transgressions which were finite in their duration. It defies all sense of justice. God can not be a good if he is not just. Allowing someone to simply make up there on version of justice is also not somithing just leader does.

It tells us what happened from Genesis to Revelations and what will happen. If you chose not to accept Christ as Lord and Savior, then reject him and you chose to worship Satan.

There is a vast difference between choosing not believe in god and choosing to worship satan they are two seperate decisions. Not worshiping god does not lead to satan worship. In fact a person who does not believe in god likely does not believe in satan. Most athiest and agnostics I know do not believe in a god or satan. They see one as a creation of the other so if god does not exist, it is likely that satan does not exist, simple logic. Just because I choose not to vote for the republican does not mean I vote for the democrat, I might vote independent, or I might not vote at all. Also people who do not believe in god are not "rejecting" him, you can not reject something you do not believe exist to begin with. I do not "reject" unicorns, I simply do not believe they exist therefore I feel no need to reject them. I think that is how most agnostics and athiest view god.

John 3:3 says Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. vs. 5 says Verily, Verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. vs. 7 says Marvel not that I said unto thee, YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN. It doesn't get more simplier than this. We don't know if Gandi gave his life to Christ before his death, only God knows. What I'm saying is the truth from the word that if he didn't accept Christ, then he chose eternal damnation. Who are you to say that we're all deserve to go to Heaven? We don't because we're sinners by birth. Don't get offense for something we have no control over and don't get offense for the free gift that Jesus bestow upon us. He wants to free everyone from the sins that Adam started by eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. His disobedience brought on what's in the world today, which is why we're born into the world spiritual separated from God. Accept Jesus as the Lord and Savior of your life and the old man is cruxified to him. I'm sorry you can't accept that some won't enter into heaven simply because they won't accept Christ but this is thus saith the Lord according to his word

I believe hell (if it exist) is simply reserved for the worst of the worst. The likes of Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, and Jeffery Dahmers of the world. But even then I am struck with the prospect that many of these may have been mentally ill and that god would recognize their acts as the behaviour of a lunatic whom would once cured of his/her disease would not do those things which we all see as crimes against humanity.

The bible supports a doctrine that all humans (or at least the vast vast majority) will be saved in the end:

John 12:32 (this passage discuses how god draws "all" men to him)

Mathew 19:28 (Jesus says all things shall be "renewed")

Mathew 18:34 ( Jesus declares that a servent shall be "tortured until he should pay back all that he owed") this illustrates the finite nature of punishment in response to the finite nature of sin. Not unending torture!

John 10:34, a quote from Psalm 82:6 "Jesus answered them, is it not written in your law, I have said you are gods".

1 John 2:2, "Christ is the atoning sacrafice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world" Note "WHOLE WORLD".

Pslam 30:5, "Gods anger last only a moment". (note not forever and ever!)

Pslam 106:1, "God is good; his love endures forever" (he loves ..not hates forever!)

Pslam 145:9-10, "The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made"

In the first 5 centuries of christian history the majority of theological schools in the east tought uiversialism. An example of this is was Didascalium, in Alexandria Egypt, which was founded by Saint Pantaenus in about 190 C.E. Saint Clement of Alexandria, succeeded Saint Pantaenus as the head of the school, he too accepted Universialism.

Much of what you read in the bible today was added and or changed over the centuries so we cannot believe that every word line for line is somehow handed down and devinely protected. The bible itself say it can be added to and subtracted from, so we should recognize this fact.

Upvote 0

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is another approach to the same question, for the elitists.

Imagine you get to eternity, and as you are passing through the gates you see Gandhi ahead of you, chatting to St Peter.

Would you turn around and leave, or would you go forward and say 'hello'?

Hmmm...now that makes you think does it not? I like what you have written here and I agree with you totally! :thumbsup:

I would love to see the expression on the face of some who believe they know better than god who belongs in heaven. Do you think they might resign from the church right on the spot? Maybe they will launch a personal protest and demand their rightful due..lol. It will be quite interesting when everyone finally realizes that god was not out to use us the vast majority of us as wennies to roast over the fires of hell on his next camping trip as some who believe in the fire and brimstone version of a god out to burn all who simply did not believe he existed. :wave:

Upvote 0

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This would only be just if, before I was born, I was given a choice between being perfect, and being human, and chose to be human.

None of us chose to be created human, but, being human, none of us has the option of being perfect, because GOD MADE US THIS WAY.

It is pure sadism for God to create us imperfect and then decide to punish us for it. There is NOTHING of justice in this.

You can choose to have such a God, if you prefer, but I do not. I have a God who has reconciled mankind to himself out of love, not simply to avoid having to punish everyone for a choice that HE made.

Another excellent post!:thumbsup: You have a good understanding of the truth that I wish others could grasp.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

makeupgirl

joint heirs with Christ
Sep 28, 2009
USA
✟15,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm going by the Word of God, so to reject and deny what I'm saying is deny and rejecting, not to mention going against the Word of God. Why would you do that? God's word is plain and simple, it's not rocket science or the MCAT.

The MCAT is a challange to be sure...the organic chemistry section kicked my butt.

I am not rejecting merely pointing out what is my belief. No god worthy of worship cast anyone off to hell to burn and be tortured for all eternity without end. It would be grossly unfair to hand down a sentence to last eternity for transgressions which were finite in their duration. It defies all sense of justice. God can not be a good if he is not just. Allowing someone to simply make up there on version of justice is also not somithing just leader does.

It tells us what happened from Genesis to Revelations and what will happen. If you chose not to accept Christ as Lord and Savior, then reject him and you chose to worship Satan.

There is a vast difference between choosing not believe in god and choosing to worship satan they are two seperate decisions. Not worshiping god does not lead to satan worship. In fact a person who does not believe in god likely does not believe in satan. Most athiest and agnostics I know do not believe in a god or satan. They see one as a creation of the other so if god does not exist, it is likely that satan does not exist, simple logic. Just because I choose not to vote for the republican does not mean I vote for the democrat, I might vote independent, or I might not vote at all. Also people who do not believe in god are not "rejecting" him, you can not reject something you do not believe exist to begin with. I do not "reject" unicorns, I simply do not believe they exist therefore I feel no need to reject them. I think that is how most agnostics and athiest view god.

John 3:3 says Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. vs. 5 says Verily, Verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. vs. 7 says Marvel not that I said unto thee, YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN. It doesn't get more simplier than this. We don't know if Gandi gave his life to Christ before his death, only God knows. What I'm saying is the truth from the word that if he didn't accept Christ, then he chose eternal damnation. Who are you to say that we're all deserve to go to Heaven? We don't because we're sinners by birth. Don't get offense for something we have no control over and don't get offense for the free gift that Jesus bestow upon us. He wants to free everyone from the sins that Adam started by eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. His disobedience brought on what's in the world today, which is why we're born into the world spiritual separated from God. Accept Jesus as the Lord and Savior of your life and the old man is cruxified to him. I'm sorry you can't accept that some won't enter into heaven simply because they won't accept Christ but this is thus saith the Lord according to his word

I believe hell (if it exist) is simply reserved for the worst of the worst. The likes of Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, and Jeffery Dahmers of the world. But even then I am struck with the prospect that many of these may have been mentally ill and that god would recognize their acts as the behaviour of a lunatic whom would once cured of his/her disease would not do those things which we all see as crimes against humanity.

The bible supports a doctrine that all humans (or at least the vast vast majority) will be saved in the end:

Mathew 18:34 ( Jesus declares that a servent shall be "tortured until he should pay back all that he owed") this illustrates the finite nature of punishment in response to the finite nature of sin. Not unending torture!

John 10:34, a quote from Psalm 82:6 "Jesus answered them, is it not written in your law, I have said you are gods".

1 John 2:2, "Christ is the atoning sacrafice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world" Note "WHOLE WORLD".

Pslam 106:1, "God is good; his love endures forever" (he loves ..not hates forever!)

In the first 5 centuries of christian history the majority of theological schools in the east tought uiversialism. An example of this is was Didascalium, in Alexandria Egypt, which was founded by Saint Pantaenus in about 190 C.E. Saint Clement of Alexandria, succeeded Saint Pantaenus as the head of the school, he too accepted Universialism.

Much of what you read in the bible today was added and or changed over the centuries so we cannot believe that every word line for line is somehow handed down and devinely protected. The bible itself say it can be added to and subtracted from, so we should recognize this fact.

The bible does not said it can be added to and subtracted from. I think you should read yours a little bit more carefully, especially reading it from the natural mind. Rev 22:18 says For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book vs. 19 says, and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I don't know what bible you're reading from but it's not the Word of the living God, because the verses that I gave God speaks against taking and adding to his word. When you read the bible with a natural mind, your more likely to add your own interpretation and this is why you're saying what you're saying because you're reading it with your intereptation. The word speaks for itself, as I stated before. If you don't believe in the God I serve who you have yet to identify as Christ the Lord and don't believe that the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ by the redemption of his redeeming blood then I feel sorry for you.

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

But that is exactly what you are doing, using fairness as an excuse. You're rejecting the word of God and making up your own version of what a just God would do.

The problem here is, there are only two valid choices. Either you worship God and serve Him, or you serve the enemy whether you are consciously aware of it or not. You don't have to believe in Satan to serve him. The most effective lie Satan ever came up with is "Satan does not exist."
Who decides who the "worst of the worst" is? In God's eyes, one sin makes you unfit to be in His presence. Yet He loves us enough to die for us, so that we can be made clean.

But it doesn't say that all men take God up on His offer.

No, that is not what Matthew 19:28 says.
It says
27Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?​
28And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

That is not the same thing as all things will be renewed.

This parable has nothing to do with heaven and hell. It is an illustration explaining how the lack of mercy on our part will result in true justice - not just for our debtors, but for ourselves. That's what you're wanting, right? Justice? Fine. IF you've sinned, justice condemns you to hell.

They were children of the most high God. If you'll read the whole Psalm, it is actually a condemnation for those who were supposed to be closest to God.

Yes, He died for the whole world. Everyone in the world. But if I offer you a drink of water, and you turn away, is it unfair that I have water and you are thirsty? God offers atonement for everyone. But it is your choice and mine whether to accept it.

It is not God's anger that sends people to hell. It is a choice they make. If I warn you over and over again to take a medicene, and you choose not to, your illness is not my fault. You can say, well, I didn't choose the meds, but I didn't choose to be sick, either. Both may be true, but you're still sick. And it's your own fault, not mine. God has offered an antidote for sin. If you don't take it, you can't blame God. Especially since the antidote cost Him so much.

Yes, He loves us enough to allow us to decide for ourselves. He's given us a clear picture of our choices. Not choosing is a decision.

He is good to all. But He is also Holy, and pure. We must be made holy and pure in order to be with Him. The way to do that is through His Son.

Okay, so if you can't trust the Bible, how do you know God's Son came? How do you know He died and rose again? How do you even know He exists? How can you be a Christian and not know anything about Christ except what you read in an uninspired, man-made, man altered book that can't be trusted?

Upvote 0

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The bible does not said it can be added to and subtracted from. I think you should read yours a little bit more carefully, especially reading it from the natural mind. Rev 22:18 says For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book vs. 19 says, and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Sounds like it can be added to and subtracted from to me..lol Also recall you are reading it in English and not the original Greek (Konie) which it was written. But even the English translation gives a clear view of what is being warned against here. He (author) is clearly talking about things being added to or taken away from what is written. There is no way for you to get around what is written here. You may want to badly but you can not do so. Clearly the warning is against adding to or subtracting from what is written down. There is no reason to suggest that otherwise. If one book can be added to and subtracted from clearly there is no reason to suggest the others can not also be added to or subtracted to by men. This pretty much blows up your theory of " biblical inerrancy ".

I don't know what bible you're reading from but it's not the Word of the living God, because the verses that I gave God speaks against taking and adding to his word. When you read the bible with a natural mind, your more likely to add your own interpretation and this is why you're saying what you're saying because you're reading it with your intereptation.

No my friend I am afraid what I have said is what the words say period. You are just uncomfortable with that interpretation so you will just have to live with the facts. There is not other interpretation that would make any sense to anyone who can read. If you warn against something, it has to be something that can be done or why give a warning? You cannot have it both ways...lol:wave:

The word speaks for itself,

Yes it does it gives a clear warning against anyone who adds to or subtracts from what is written and provides for a penalty for those who do not head the warning given. Thus by the fact that a warning is given, directly from heaven no less, it only makes logical sense that what it warns against doing ( adding to or subtracting from what is written ) is possible. Thus if it is possible for men to change what is written down in the book of Revelations there is no reason to suspect that any of the books were somehow "protected" from being altered by men...lol

as I stated before. If you don't believe in the God I serve who you have yet to identify as Christ the Lord and don't believe that the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ by the redemption of his redeeming blood then I feel sorry for you.

Who said I do not believe in god? You are the only one saying such things and the assumptions you are making are false. I feel sorry for you because you locked into your thinking and will not see facts which are clearly presented to you. Some are threatened by what I say because it contradicts what other men have told them. I point out facts not assumptions. I do not accept things that are taught by simply "tradition" but by reading and exploring the facts which are known regarding this subject and the FACTS do not support "biblical inerrancy". There is way to much scientific and archeological data against such a theory. This is on top of the fact that as I pointed out the bible itself in Revelations 22:18-19 clearly says that things can be added to and subtracted from what is written, or why else would a warning be written into the book to warn against doing so and even providing a penalty for those who do so. If were not possible to do it, it would make no logical sense to put such a warning and penalty there to begin with. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe if you'll look closer, it says that the earth is the center of God's creation.

No I am afraid not. It actually says that the earth is "fixed" and does not move. Thus does not rotate nor does it orbit the sun. Look at Psalm 104:5 "The LORD set the earth on its foundations: it can never be moved".

Here are some other Examples:

Ecclesiastes 1:5, "And the sun rises and sets and returns to its place". Thus suggest that the sun (not the earth) moves. Any child with a basic science background today knows that the earth revolves around the sun. Clearly this is an error. Thus there are scientific errors in the bible.

1 Chronicles 16:30, :"Trimble before him , all earth, he has made the world firm, not to be moved." (note "he has made the world firm, not to be moved"...so no rotation? no solar obit?)

This was actually the basis for attacking Galileo. He was tried for Heresy and found guilty by the Inquisition ( church court). If we listened to the church and accepted blind "inerrant" interpretations of scripture we would still be believing that the earth was fixed and that sun actually moved not the earth. This is another excellent example why the bible cannot be read as literal.

My kids are at the center of my life; that doesn't mean they are in my abdomen all the time. It means that they are what I concentrate on. And the Bible, at least that portion, is written from God's point of view. Maybe from His perspective, everything does revolve around the earth. In relation to other astrological bodies, the earth does move. In relation to God, it does not. It's a matter of perspective.

I take all "Science" with a grain of salt. It is full of misstatements, and intentional misdirection. For instance, I don't believe in evolution. I believe God created the heavens and the earth in six days.

Again your view is based upon a "literal" reading of Genesis. Genesis or "Bereshith" in Hebrew, is a creation story that was a part of the oral tradition that somewhere along the way someone committed to paper. The author is likely not Moses but no author is given. We have no idea of who wrote it.

I have seen proof that carbon dating past 2000 years or so is a fraud. So what you call rock solid and what I do are two different things.

Actually this highly inaccurate. Carbon 14 dating is very accurate up to 60,000 years. It is not a fraud. We have good data to support his fact. That is not to say hat labs do not make errors (humans make mistakes). However a smart scientist always sends his findings to at least two if not three different labs for dating, thus this reduces the possibility of error greatly.

For dating of objects older than 60,000 years we test for different elements:

Carbon 14- Fossil wood, shell, bone fragments, fabrics..ect (accurate up to 60,000-70,000 years).

Uranium 235- Uranium and granite rocks older than 110,000 years.

Potassium 40- bearing minerals more than 100,000

Uranium 238 - Uranium and Granite rocks more than 10 Million years old.

Thorium 232- Uranium and Granite rocks more than 50 Million years old.

Rubidium 87 - Some granite rocks, sandstones an igeneus, sedimentary, and metaphorphic rocks older than 10 Million years.

For older fossil bones (such as dinosaurs and early human remains millions of years old), what we do is we date the rocks and minerals that are found at the same level as the fossil we have found. If something is covered in a layer of 100 million year old rock than that object is likely from that period. Obviously we do not use exact dates but rather we use ranges. For example if we find a Tyrannosaurs fossil we would date the rock formations in which it was found. If we date the rocks to be say 70 million years old we have a pretty good idea of the age of that Tyrannosaurs. We give it a range, like say 65 - 75 Million years. While this will not be "exact" it does rule out the world being created about 6,000 years ago as some who suggest that the bible is "literal" claim. The fact is we can and do accurately date fossils, the fossil record is reliable and we know for a fact the earth is billions of years old not thousands..lol

Again, what makes you think that the oldest copies we happen to still have are more correct?

Because to believe otherwise would simply be an assumption about which you could prove or know nothing? It would be like assuming that laying out in the desert somewhere is proof you are correct written a tablet. No one is going to believe you until you produce that tablet.

People are much more likely to leave things out when copying than adding to something.

This is true. However this also assumes that no one had their own "agenda" and wanted to added something intentionally. What if for example I want the bible to say something against something I think is wrong. I say well "surely god would agree" and I add it to the document. I am not suggesting everything happen that way, but it is surely possible that at least somethings were added.

Perhaps the older copies we have were rejects because of words taken out.

So again even if this were so how would we know they were "rejects" except for an "assumption". You would be speculating, and if the bible is really "protected" from mans manipulation than these "rejects" would be obvious or they would never have been found.

The church tried for a long time to suppress the truth and keep it from people. The used torture and murder to keep it from the pubic. But now we have opened up the truth for all to see who want to see it.

Anyway, I have faith that my God can do as He wishes with that book or any other.

But your faith has to have at least some facts associated with it..otherwise it simply a wish or assumption.

And that's the basic difference between us. I don't have to have empirical evidence, admissible in court, in order to believe in the God of the Bible. I believed; I asked Him to show me, and He did. It isn't my job to convince you or anyone else. I am 100% sure, without a doubt. Because I sincerely believed first, without any outside proof, God gave me proof anyway.

Than please show us the empirical evidence he presented to you. I would love to see it. For that matter why not show the world? How cruel it would be to intentionally keep it hidden so billions would not be saved. Again this is why I believe that a literal hell where people are burned and tortured without end is not true.

Again, you have every right to believe whatever you want to believe and I would defend you right to believe it to my death. However, some who take this view attempt to use this "literal" reading of the bible to legislate and force others to do things or not do things they can only justify by use of a "literal" reading of the books of the bible and believing it is "inerrant". Those people are the ones who have tried to keep freedom out of the hands of the masses. I am not accusing you or suggesting that you are or would do that, but there are those who do.

Did you read the original text? I didn't think we had a copy of it.

No I did not read the actual original text or "autograph". We do not have that for ANY of the books that make up the bible. But I have seen some of the earliest text we do have and those are what I am discussing in my answers to you.

Okay, either you take the Bible literally - in which case anyone who added to or subtracted from it is cursed, which means it is protected by God (protected by a curse);

Again, giving such a warning itself says it can be done. The bible can be added to and subtracted from, or else why have the warning and the curse there to begin with? It does not mean it is "protected" by god. It means god will punish anyone who "adds to or subtracts from it" just as god might punish for some other act. However the punishment is not permanent in duration it is finite.

So, I guess the question is, what are you going to believe?

Man's reasoning skills, human logic, what we can prove?

All belief must be rooted in some form of logic or you render you beliefs nothing more than wishful thinking and assumptions.

OR

God, who's thoughts are not like our thoughts, and ways are not like our ways?

I believe this has been used for centuries to justify cruel treatment and torture. It has been used to support a doctrine and theology of hate not love. It teaches a god that wants to force and threaten us into submission for his own vanity rather than a merciful loving god who wants to save us and who recognizes our weakness and in the end will not punish us endlessly. There maybe some form of punishment, but it would be finite, and not "eternal", it would also likely not be the nature you think it might be.

Who offers us eternal life with Him out of love?

God does. But your version of god is not one of love and hope, but one of punishment and torture.

You can't have it both ways.

I am not trying to have it both ways I have stated clearly my belief in god and his nature is love not hate or torture as you suggest.

Or you can, but there's a point you have to choose, and say, "No, there's no objective, discernable evidence of a god, so there must not be one." Or else, "No, there's not objective, discernible evidence of God, but there's plenty of subjective proof. There's the wonder of nature, changed lives, miracles. So I choose to believe in You, God."

I too choose to believe in god, but I do not throw away all reason in doing so. I believe in god and keep my reasoning and logic. I do not make up assumptions to support a view that is without any proof of its existence. God whatever name you may call him by is not a god of punishment but of love and forgiveness and understanding. He is the Prince of Peace!

Personally, I wouldn't follow a God that I could totally explain.

Where did I say I could totally explain god? But then again, why not follow a god that loved you enough to lay out his cards on the table? One that respected your dignity and worth and who did not want to punish you for simply not believing he existed when he has not put forth a lot of evidence to show his existence.

I want my God to be much bigger than I am.

He is bigger than all of us. But he is not of the nature you have stated he is, he is the Prince of Peace and Love...not hatred and punishment!

My God has reasons for things, reasons that I may never understand. And that's okay with me.

Again you have every right to believe as you wish. That of course does not make what you believe correct. You cannot use reasoning such as "I may never understand" simply as a means of accepting something that is incorrect such as the belief that god tortures people in hell with actual burning fires forever and ever.

Upvote 0

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Also read this:

II Samuel 14:14, "God does not take away life, but plans ways so that the banished one may not be cast out from him."

There are a number of passages in the bible that show that god does not intend to burn 99% of his creation in hell for all eternity and torture them in horrific ways as some suggest. The exact opposite is true, god loves us and will bring us all to him in the end and we shall not suffer.

Upvote 0