Is Gabriel, the Archangel a fallen angel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameofGod

Nov 30, 2006
Earth
✟15,158.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, I'm kinda new here, nice to meet you guys.

first of all, I was just so wondering, does anybody here think he is now an evil angel? Think about this, he and Michael are the only angels mentioned in the Bible, but the thing is, Gabriel is supposed to be the one who sent messages to Mohammad and told him to write Koran.

Problem is, the Muslims, kind of recognize the Bible, but they do not really. The Muslim people do not recognize Jesus Christ as the real God, and they just believe he is a prophet. And Mohammad believed that the Christians believe in 3 gods. So, if the Bible is right, aren't we Christians supposed to think that Gabriel is now a fallen angel? Like I think there is a verse in the Koran, saying that Allah likes Gabriel, but he does not love Gabriel. I have no idea if Allah is even the God we believe in, and also no idea if I even actually know what that Koran's verse means, but seriously,

Is Gabriel a fallen angel? Is he now an enemy to the Christians?

ghs1994

Jul 1, 2005
Ohio
✟16,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

first of all, I was just so wondering, does anybody here think he is now an evil angel? Think about this, he and Michael are the only angels mentioned in the Bible, but the thing is, Gabriel is supposed to be the one who sent messages to Mohammad and told him to write Koran.

Problem is, the Muslims, kind of recognize the Bible, but they do not really. The Muslim people do not recognize Jesus Christ as the real God, and they just believe he is a prophet. And Mohammad believed that the Christians believe in 3 gods. So, if the Bible is right, aren't we Christians supposed to think that Gabriel is now a fallen angel? Like I think there is a verse in the Koran, saying that Allah likes Gabriel, but he does not love Gabriel. I have no idea if Allah is even the God we believe in, and also no idea if I even actually know what that Koran's verse means, but seriously,

No. Read Luke chapter 1.:)

Upvote 0

Athaliamum

Torah Submissive
Sep 18, 2006
Australia
✟16,991.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea if Allah is even the God we believe in, and also no idea if I even actually know what that Koran's verse means

If you read the Koran you very quickly get the idea that it is very earthy, the whole 77 vigins thing and people being able to drink as much as the want sounds like a standard Aussie man's dream. It doesn't sound at all like what you would expect of a higher being.

But I think a lot of this can be cleared up by the answer of your question about Allah being our God. The answer is no. Our God gave his name to Avraham and God's name is YHVH not Allah. Also the God of the bible makes the distinction of line, because even though Avraham's firstborn was Yishma'el he was born through a servant girl not his wife Sarah who was to have his heir.
Allah is the god of Avraham, Yishma'el and Nebaioth.
YHVH is the God of Avraham, Isaac and Jacob. They are not the same God.

Upvote 0

GraceLikeRainFallsDown

Everyone Needs Grace
Mar 15, 2006
✟1,986.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

but the thing is, Gabriel is supposed to be the one who sent messages to Mohammad and told him to write Koran.

I have no idea if Allah is even the God we believe in, and also no idea if I even actually know what that Koran's verse means, but seriously,

Welcome to the forum!:thumbsup:

I for one do not believe the Koran to be a true document from God. So, to me it really does not matter what the Koran says.

I believe that Islam is a false religion. I believe Satan to be tricky. He can use the names of people from the Bible and twist truth to create doubt in us. The Bible is my benchmark, not the Koran.

If I believed that Gabriel is the one who talked to Mohammed, I would most likely believe everything else in the Koran. I have only read parts of the Koran as a reference tool and can say I do not believe what I have read of it.

From the Bible, which I do believe is from God, there is no reason for me to believe Gabriel is a fallen angel.

Upvote 0

FlameofGod

Nov 30, 2006
Earth
✟15,158.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
To ghs1994

uh, thanks. But that only just talks about Gabriel being a messenger of God, right? hmm..

To Athaliamum

Actually yes, I agree with you there. The Koran kind of feels more like, physical stuff, not spiritual just like the Bible. Like, saying, if you do not believe in allah, then you are dung and stuff, I've never seen a word dung in the Bible if I read it properly.
and it's kinda funny because Koran is known as the Final Testament, so that means Koran is supposed to be connected to the Bible, but the Koran talks about all the creation stuff again, and it's so different from the Bible's creation story.

To GraceLikeRainFallsDown

Thanks for welcoming me.

Well, I guess you are right, I guess Gabriel is just a victim here..

Upvote 0

Teekz

Jun 26, 2006
Ajax
✟15,224.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FlameofGod.... if you take in what the Quran says, then you beleive it, people have already stated the truth, and i think you get it now....

The quran was brought into our time to leade people astray, think about it, every single religion either than christianity, recognizes Christ for who he is, the living god, the son of man, the second God head... while every other religion degrades him, do you wonder why?... satan only has to eliminate Jesus in the picture to make sure we never reach heaven... jesus paid it all on the cross right?.. thats when satan was defeated, but now he has brought in religion to separate the people, every religion now sees jesus as just a prophet, a teacher.. or w.e... even jews lost faith in him.. as long as satan can get into peoples head and lie to them that jesus is not God, then he has there souls....

Upvote 0

mystery4

Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Faith
SDA
Welcome Flame of God.

Your concern is understandable. But I do not think there is any need to fear. The short answers to your questions are no and no. It is quite likely that the angel Mohommad saw was Satan or a fallen angel, pretending to be Gabriel...

1 Cor 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Satan even tried to use Scripture out of context when tempting Jesus, yet because Jesus knew what the text was talking about, was able to see through the deception and combat Satan with the truth of scripture.

That is the reason we must rely upon and know the Bible backwards, because sad to say, Satan and his angels know the Bible much better than most Christians these days. Myself included. Just like Jesus, the only way we are going to know Satan is decieving us is if we seek God to guide us into all truth as is revealed in the Bible, so that when texts are quoted out of context we will recognise it and be able to combat it with God's truth.

Reactions: Athaliamum
Upvote 0

FlameofGod

Nov 30, 2006
Earth
✟15,158.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
To Teekz

I think Jesus is the Son of God, not like a son of man..I think it was in the Bible. Aren't the sons of man like, the prophets in the Bible?
But oh well, I just DO believe he is the human YHWH.

And yes, I totally agree with you there, if the Gabriel Mohammad saw was Satan himself, then that makes total sense since he is the father of lies.

To mystery4

Thanks for welcoming me.

Hm well yes, that makes sense. But I was just so wondering about this Islam stuff because you know, the Koran was written when all the people in the Middle-East believed in so many gods and so many religions. So I thought like "Let's say the Gabriel Mohammad saw was Satan, so then why did he say there is only one God? Why didn't he just let the people in Middle-East believe in their own religions?"
but then eventually I just get it now, Satan told him that there is only one God, so that eventually many people(Even the Christians) will be deceived by the verses of Koran. Like even now, look at Islam, the religion is so united, and we all know that they wage so many wars and kill people in the name of allah, but many cowardly Christians and non-muslims call Islam the religion of peace.

Oh man it all just so makes sense now. Satan wanted this GREAT UNION that just believes in one random god, so that eventually many Christians will start to think that allah is the God we blieve in.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.