The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christianity has survived a LOT over the past 2000+ years. It will survive Trump.
Of course. Luckily Christianity exists in many places, so if America follows Bannon on his Satanic path to the gates of hell, Christianity will survive elsewhere. But Freedom of Religion is more than Christianity. A semblance of Christianity could survive here, while other religions become second class citizens.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I expect that, if Trump gets his way, we'll see an "official Christian Church" the way it was in Europe, which was also the reason the Founders rejected any governmental interference in religion at all.

I'm pretty sure that he's going to fail at that, though. He's already losing support, and as the consequences of his actions start to accumulate, it is likely to get worse for him.

• Agree
Reactions: Martinius
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Of course. Luckily Christianity exists in many places, so if America follows Bannon on his Satanic path to the gates of hell, Christianity will survive elsewhere. But Freedom of Religion is more than Christianity. A semblance of Christianity could survive here, while other religions become second class citizens.
You know, some people on all sides of the political "spectrum" feel like destruction such as we've never seen is on its way. And maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I don't know. But I do feel pretty sure that Christians - of all stripes - are going to be called on to bear witness in some form or another. Just seems likely to me.

• Agree
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know, some people on all sides of the political "spectrum" feel like destruction such as we've never seen is on its way. And maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I don't know. But I do feel pretty sure that Christians - of all stripes - are going to be called on to bear witness in some form or another. Just seems likely to me.
Up until a few months I would not have come close to agreeing with you. But now, it is beginning to seem inevitable.

Upvote 0