Is Final Salvation Free or Contingent upon Obeying Commandments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
HEBREWS 6:4-8
1. They were enlightened v4;
2. They tasted of the Heavenly gift v4;
3. They were made partakers of the Holy Ghost v5;
4. They tasted of the good Word of God v4;
5. They tasted of the power of the world to come v5

You cannot do any of the above here without faith. This is where your commentators post falls to pieces as your commentator is arguing pre-salvation.

Now dear brother, be honest here can we have any of the above before having FAITH? If they have faith and received all these gift of God then they were BELIEVERS right? Why prentend that they were not?

Yes I did. I dealt both with your 1,2,4,5 regarding "taste" and Wuest dealt with your 3 about partakers. Apparently you didn't read my post?
No, no you didn't you simply posted a commentary which I have already shown started with an incorrect premise of pre-salvation. As shown in the previous post. No one can receive any of these gift of God without faith and if they received these gifts of God through faith they were indeed BELIEVERS that fell away from believing and following God's WORD! I know who I believe and follow brother and it is not you. God's WORD does not teach once saved always saved. This is a false gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
OSAS also clearly refuted at Romans 11. The wild olive shoot are gentile Christians who were grafted into Christ. The natural branches are Jews. The text clearly teaches that the gentile Christians who were grafted into Christ can be "cut off" from Christ if they subsequently fall into unbelief.
Romans 9-11 is talking about Israel relative to Gentiles with regards to election. He's talking about categories of people rather than individuals. In fact many of the churches of Asian minor were cut off later in history, having turned to Islam. Likewise while Paul said, "my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved." Rom 10:1 in fact "all Israel will be saved" Rom 11:26 which would be a contradiction if he were talking about the same people.

But as for individuals, he had already spoken on issues of eternal security in Romans 8 and such is inherent in the gospel itself which he shared from Romans 3:21-Romans 5. "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."

"I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

By including "the future" he is affirming eternal security. And for those who claim they can lose their own salvation by their own decision, not of they are part of creation, seeing as nothing in all creation can separate on born of God from the love of God.

Of course salvation-by-works Christians do believe it. They just don't have faith to accept the implications of the gospel.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

Posts have been deleted for flaming/goading. Keep it clean and friendly or this thread could be closed.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You're thinking of justification by the Law of Moses.

There is no such thing as the "Law of Moses." The Law was given to Moses by the Most High God - it is His Law (that we follow or break). The very fact that the Most High God had to send us a high priest to get our degeneracy in check should let us know that He doesn't leave us lawless, and doesn't want us lawless.

Those under the New Covenant are not under the "old contract".

"And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect. For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise." Gal 3:17,18

"the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor." Gal 3:22-25

I don't think Paul is saying what you think he is saying - otherwise, show me one place where the Most High God, or the Word of God Himself tells us that any part of His Law is null/void/inert, or that only certain people (other than those who want to be His children) follow His Laws. We can compare the two and divide the truth - understanding that there is no man greater that the Most High God, and the only Man who deserves praise does not contradict the Most High God.

The Word of God added the Redemption Clause for our benefit - with the ink of blood and operation of sacrifice. He didn't destroy the old contract; He gave us hope should we be too ignorant to realize the magnificence of the first covenant (which is a hope/prophecy for redemption, not bondage). The Law is a good thing; obedience to the Most High God of the entire Creation (and all of its dimensions) is prudence, no?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Now you want me to castrate myself because I don’t believe in OSAS?

Alrighty then.

Didn’t realize you doubt the sufficiency of Christ. Didn’t see it as directed your way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.