ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You misunderstand me, I am not saying I want 100% scientific proof (would be nice though lol) but what I am saying is that in my life this has been a block but as I said I find myself starting to surrender to belief with no reason which is quite annoying for me.

I would like to witness god for myself in some way but I just keep hoping for a sign to help me along further with the seeds of my belief.

I am not going to lie though this whole god before everything rather than equality in unconditional love set me back some.
Big question. Do you pray?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am not going to lie though this whole god before everything rather than equality in unconditional love set me back some.
I don't know, I think you are making a very big deal out of this God before everything else topic.

If God is perfect. Just as Jesus is and was, perfect love, agape love, then I don't see why you think putting God first is in any way contrary to loving others?

Love is not a one or the other thing.

I don't say "I love God" so I cannot love say my spouse or children. It is not an either/or, it is an in addition to.

I am a mother, but does that not make me not a daughter of my parents or a co-worker to those people I work with?

My loving my children, does not mean I do not love my spouse and my parents and my friends and my God.

It's not an 'or' it is an 'and'. We love many different people and there is nothing about God that makes us choose to love only Him and forsake loving everyone else in our lives.

As a matter of fact, Jesus tells us to love our neighbor as ourself. All other people. God is a God of love and our foundation in God is love and keeping His commandments, the two Christ left us with. Both are commands to love.

Upvote 0

SW501

May 2, 2017
Leeds
✟30,377.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, I think you are making a very big deal out of this God before everything else topic.

If God is perfect. Just as Jesus is and was, perfect love, agape love, then I don't see why you think putting God first is in any way contrary to loving others?

Love is not a one or the other thing.

I don't say "I love God" so I cannot love say my spouse or children. It is not an either/or, it is an in addition to.

I am a mother, but does that not make me not a daughter of my parents or a co-worker to those people I work with?

My loving my children, does not mean I do not love my spouse and my parents and my friends and my God.

It's not an 'or' it is an 'and'. We love many different people and there is nothing about God that makes us choose to love only Him and forsake loving everyone else in our lives.

As a matter of fact, Jesus tells us to love our neighbor as ourself. All other people. God is a God of love and our foundation in God is love and keeping His commandments, the two Christ left us with. Both are commands to love.

Do I pray? I'm not sure if it's classed as praying but I am trying to talk to God and ask for guidance but i sometimes feel like i don't have the right to yet but I try anyway as that notion is probably silly.

Thanks for explaining the above in the way you did as this is exactly how I was hoping it was. That we love God and our children with all our being and try to apply that love to everyone else as well.

Now I am not sure if I can get there in my life time but I would like to try. And i want to believe in a God that wants us to just love all things as much as we can Him, our kids and everything else.

I didnt want to make a big thing out of it when people were describing it as if everything else had to take a back seat rather than everyone be on the same seat it was messing with my head. Sorry if it was frustrating to read.

Upvote 0