• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

jayce9936

Dec 19, 2018
Edmonton
✟12,629.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So my physiotherapist wants to do dry needling on my muscle. She says it's a form of acupuncture, but not the same as traditional Chinese accupuncture which is based on the flow of Ki. Basically she says they're just going to stick needles in the tense parts of the muscle to make it twitch and then relax. Im skeptical of it as the practice seems to have its roots in accupunctre which I believe is demonic because it seeks to manipulate a "universal life force." But according to her this isn't what she will be doing. To be honest I dont know a whole lot about the subject and like I said I'm skeptical. Whats your guys opinion on this? any insight would be appreciated.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
When I had a very tense, tight muscle, I was shown and delighted to find out, that properly pinching the muscle then releasing it (the object is NOT to create or continue more pain) resulted in the muscle relaxing and the tension relieved, relaxed for some time.

This is nearly immediate, although sometimes needed to be repeated, and may only work for some muscles and not others. (I never 'studied' it further, only use it as needed myself)

This seems to be a physical property of the muscle(s) that it works on, and not at all some spiritual relevance.

Likewise, when they use some instrument to drain fluid, there's not necessarily any spiritual connection at all.

And when they use electronics to measure or adjust a muscle also, that has no spiritual connection either - but it may have a useful purpose.

In all things, trust and rely on the heavenly Father for everything, including healing.

Much much much worse things than dry needles are currently circulating through all of the internet. (be aware, and test everything BEFORE believing it)

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Could not all those examples be considering tampering with the universal lflow that is all of us? Surgery, anything that tampers with a condition that is part of the 'force' would be tampering. Would God mind if we tweaked a muscle that tightens up within His flow?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Remember the tens units? (electric things for pain, medically certified and sometimes prescribed by licensed MDs.

They sometimes work. Sometimes produces more pain. Go figure.

There's millions of electric circuits already measured and mapped in the body and brain, in the muscles and nerves. All can be measured, and have been measured. When those circuits are interrupted, challenged, diverted, or altered, all measurably , there may be physiological changes also. When someone knows what they are doing, it can be used for good. If they do not know, it might not work out so well, eh ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Could not all those examples be considering tampering with the universal lflow that is all of us? Surgery, anything that tampers with a condition that is part of the 'force' would be tampering. Would God mind if we tweaked a muscle that tightens up within His flow?
Ask God. On this forum there are rules against telling what God can do through His methods, unless pharmakeeia approves of them.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Actually looking at the terms of this forum is not then this thread on ethics of the needles in the wrong area and better insight might be provided where those ethics can be discussed??

'Ethical and moral discussions. Other areas of Christian Forums deal with these topics.'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Actually looking at the terms of this forum is not then this thread on ethics of the needles in the wrong area and better insight might be provided where those ethics can be discussed??

'Ethical and moral discussions. Other areas of Christian Forums deal with these topics.'
No .

Physiotherapy falls under general physical health.

Same as sports massage therapy for sports injuries.

The "needles" have nothing to do with ethics or spirits, and everything to do with correcting the muscle tightness and tension and spasms, physically and naturally.

This is NOT any endorsement of any spiritual practice of acupuncture.

The US NAVEE Physical Therapy USES muscle charts, organ charts and electricity to change the actions of the muscles. (like those paddles put on the chest during a heart attack ) ...

Nothing ethical or unethical about that. (unless do not resuscitate was requested) .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But was not the question based upon the ethics of the possible relationship to acupuncture?
Yes, in part. Since there is no relationship (in muscle therapy as described here-to-with) to acupuncture spiritually, no trusting in foreign gods or things , there is no ethics involved.

If a shaman of some sort, a "spiritual" advisor was brought in, then there's still no ethics involved - simply say NO.

Always obey God. Always DO His Word. Always DO what is good and what is right according to God's Word.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Dry needling is not acupuncture, and may even work for some conditions, although the evidence is not that strong.
:)
If there is a condition of ease and comfort,

there is strong evidence that the needles can 'remedy' that comfort !

Just watch babies, children and adults try so hard to AVOID THE SHOT ! (or grit their teeth and cringe.... ) hahaha

(and well they should, but THAT is another question entirely, yes, of severe ethical choices)

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So my physiotherapist wants to do dry needling on my muscle. She says it's a form of acupuncture, but not the same as traditional Chinese accupuncture which is based on the flow of Ki. Basically she says they're just going to stick needles in the tense parts of the muscle to make it twitch and then relax. Im skeptical of it as the practice seems to have its roots in accupunctre which I believe is demonic because it seeks to manipulate a "universal life force." But according to her this isn't what she will be doing. To be honest I dont know a whole lot about the subject and like I said I'm skeptical. Whats your guys opinion on this? any insight would be appreciated.
I don't believe acupuncture has anything to do with the paranormal.
It may have been taught to man by some little g god long ago, though, but that doesn't mean there are gods or demons involved in the practice itself.
It's not like Reiki, where 'spiritual forces' work through the practitioner.
But do correct me if i'm wrong.

Upvote 0

Arbown

Jan 16, 2018
Somewhere
✟36,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The goal of dry needling is likely the same as all myotherapy: to relax locked muscles that won't relax by drawing blood to the area and stimulating the nerves and fibers in/around the muscles to unlock from their frozen position.

Note, most insurance isn't going to cover dry needling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums