• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Is drinking booze witchcraft?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by DreamerOfTheHeart, Feb 12, 2019.

1. DreamerOfTheHeart

DreamerOfTheHeart I Am What I Am

+387
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Because of the word pharma in sorcery, in revelation.

Serious question. Maybe.

If drinking booze is not witchcraft, then what is witchcraft?

Some dirty liars, or self-styled "Christians" try to claim Jesus never even drank booze...

But, he did.

So, deep stuff.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. rockytopva

rockytopva Love to pray! :) Supporter

+5,867
    Pentecostal
    Single
    A little alcohol is permissible...

Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. - 1 Timothy 5:23

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. topher694

topher694 Go Turtle!

+140
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So great to finally have someone who was there in person! I have so many questions...

4. Coleton Bryce Ritmanich

Coleton Bryce Ritmanich John 3:16

+217
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    That is interesting, as far as I learned it, the wine that Jesus talked about had no alcohol in it. It was just crushed grapes from the vineyard. In fact, Proverbs 20:1 , Ephesians 5:18 , Romans 14:21 , Isaiah 28:7 , and I Corinthians 6:10 all speak against it.

If you ever had a tummy ache and drunk grape juice, you know what happens right?

5. Celticroots

Celticroots Newbie

+610
    Christian
    Single
    Alcohol in moderation is fine.

6. TuxAme

TuxAme Quis ut Deus? Supporter

+2,670
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    Is wine "wine" if there's no alcohol in it?

Did Jesus drink some other type of "wine" besides what those mocking the apostles after Pentecost accused them of drinking? Peter assures the crowd that they aren't drunk- but how could one get drunk without alcohol?

7. rockytopva

+5,867
    Pentecostal
    Single
    If you are going to drink to get drunk... Then we gave problems...

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
    11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. - 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; - Ephesians 5:18

8. Coleton Bryce Ritmanich

+217
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    It's possible, scientifically speaking to get "Drunk" on anything. It has to do with your mind specifically, and it's chemical processes. It's called the placebo effect, if you believe you will get drunk on a sugar pill enough, your mind will start to believe it to.

9. Francis Drake

Francis Drake Returning adventurer.

+869
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you've been lied to.

Buy a pack of fresh sweet red or black grapes, look at the skins and you will see a slightly matt bloom on the surface. That's natural yeast, and if you crush those grapes, that yeast will turn the natural sugars in the grape into alcohol and CO2 gas.
    You can test it by crushing the juice out and putting it into a soda bottle in a warm place. If you screw the lid tightly, the bottle will very soon start to pressurise, and maybe burst. Instead, stick a balloon on the top and watch it inflate with CO2 as you create alcohol.

I can assure you that it is impossible to tread grapes into grape juice without it automatically turning itself into wine of some sort, of approximately 12 to 15% alcohol.

I brew beer and wines at home, and the above is a straight fact no matter how much teetotal Christians try to deceive you into believing Jesus only drank grape juice.

Remember the parable of the new wine and new wineskins. New wine is your straight grape juice, trodden out with dirty feet in a clay wine press.
    That fresh juice cannot go into an old wine skin because as it ferments, it produces a load of alcohol and CO2. The latter will stretch the wineskin and burst it.

Jesus's parable of the new wine and wineskins is completely absurd if it didn't ferment into alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Coleton Bryce Ritmanich

+217
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    You can believe what you want. I will not argue the bible with you. All I know is what the bible says. I gave you verses. As long as you don't destroy the temple that belongs to God, you'll do fine. I will still love you all, like God taught me to, just know I don't agree.

Just remember you don't belong to yourself anymore, you belong to God. And your body is his temple.

11. TuxAme

TuxAme Quis ut Deus? Supporter

+2,670
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    Why would someone believe they'd get drunk if they had no reason to believe they would? If they were aware that they weren't drinking alcohol, then the "placebo effect" wouldn't occur.

12. topher694

topher694 Go Turtle!

+140
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

13. rockytopva

+5,867
    Pentecostal
    Single
    And we are not to keep company with a drunk....

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. - 1 Corinthians 5:11

14. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member

+1,029
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I've made homemade British style ginger beer on many instances. Its water, sugar and grated ginger. One year I put the jar too close to the window and the fermentation went further than expected. It turned to alcohol. Very tasty. But alcohol nonetheless.

15. Radagast

Radagast is a Trinitarian Christian

+6,533
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    If it's fermented by yeast at all, there will be some alcohol. Fermentation takes sugar and gives alcohol, CO2, and energy.

If you let the process run, it stops either when (1) all the sugar has been turned into alcohol, or (2) the alcohol reaches a concentration that stops the yeast.

16. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,431
    Christian
    Single
    Your reasoning is good, however, Alcohol was clearly allowed by God, where Sorcery/Pharmakea or drugs were condemned for recreational use.

17. Jipsah

Jipsah Blood Drinker

+1,422
    Anglican
    Married
    US-Others
    Wine has alcohol in it, else it isn't wine. <Laugh>

18. Jipsah

Jipsah Blood Drinker

+1,422
    Anglican
    Married