Is Donald Trump's wall necessary to prevent child abuse?

Is Donald Trump's wall necessary to prevent child abuse?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
This post isn’t a joke. Hear me out.

A lot of illegal aliens are crossing the US-Mexican border with their young children. When they are caught breaking the law, the children are separated from their families, which in my opinion constitutes child abuse. But it isn’t child abuse at the hands of the US government. Rather, the onus is on the illegal alien parents who are therefore responsible for getting their kids taken away because they broke the law.

An analogy: What if I had kids and started cooking and dealing crystal methamphetamine. I eventually get caught and separated from my kids. It’s my own fault because I severely broke the law.

Is Donald Trump’s wall, which would stop illegal border crossings, therefore necessary to prevent child abuse?

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A lot of illegal aliens are crossing the US-Mexican border with their young children. When they are caught breaking the law, the children are separated from their families, which in my opinion constitutes child abuse. But it isn’t child abuse at the hands of the US government. Rather, the onus is on the illegal alien parents who are therefore responsible for getting their kids taken away because they broke the law.

An analogy: What if I had kids and started cooking and dealing crystal methamphetamine. I eventually get caught and separated from my kids. It’s my own fault because I severely broke the law.

Is Donald Trump’s wall, which would stop illegal border crossings, therefore necessary to prevent child abuse?

The difference, in the case of emigrants seeking asylym, ... is that they and their children's native circumstances so THREATEN the health and safety of their children ... that if they didn't try to MOVE their children into a safer living context, ... that would be CHILD ABUSE.

And let's face it ... Trump's wall would do nothing about the CHILD ABUSE that occurs within the boundaries of the US.

So let's stop being facetious ... Trump's wall and child abuse have nothing to do with one another ...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Or taking down the wall. That'd work too. Build a road instead of a wall.

Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
The difference, in the case of emigrants seeking asylym, ... is that they and their children's native circumstances so THREATEN the health and safety of their children ... that if they didn't try to MOVE their children into a safer living context, ... that would be CHILD ABUSE.

And let's face it ... Trump's wall would do nothing about the CHILD ABUSE that occurs within the boundaries of the US.

So let's stop being facetious ... Trump's wall and child abuse have nothing to do with one another ...

You don't think that separating children from their parents constitutes child abuse?

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't think that separating children from their parents constitutes child abuse?

Parents sometimes make these decisions for the benefit of their children.

Non-parents making decisions to separate children from loving parents does constitute child abuse, IMHO ...

• Winner
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Parents sometimes make these decisions for the benefit of their children.

Non-parents making decisions to separate children from loving parents does constitute child abuse, IMHO ...

What if I were poor and making minimum wage. I would need money to provide for my kids. So let's say I start cooking and dealing crystal methamphetamine. I make lucrative amounts of money. It's to benefit my children, so why not? I eventually get caught and hauled off to jail. Doing something illegal to help kids is never right.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What if I were poor and making minimum wage. I would need money to provide for my kids. So let's say I start cooking and dealing crystal methamphetamine. I make lucrative amounts of money. It's to benefit my children, so why not? I eventually get caught and hauled off to jail. Doing something illegal to help kids is never right.

Man-made LAW is not the ultimate basis on which MORALITY is based, especially for christians. God's LAW says to WELCOME the STRANGER who comes to your land ... and to take them in.

The founders of modern-day America had no scruples against coming into and TAKING this land that we live in from its original inhabitants, ... and are now, making man-made LAWS such that anyone else seeking to come into the land is performing a criminal act.

Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Man-made LAW is not the ultimate basis on which MORALITY is based, especially for christians. God's LAW says to WELCOME the STRANGER who comes to your land ... and to take them in.

The founders of modern-day America had no scruples against coming into and TAKING this land that we live in from its original inhabitants, ... and are now, making man-made LAWS such that anyone else seeking to come into the land is performing a criminal act.

Should the entire world be allowed to immigrate to the US without restrictions? If you were in charge, how many immigrants would you admit into our country per year?

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should the entire world be allowed to immigrate to the US without restrictions? If you were in charge, how many immigrants would you admit into our country per year?

The entire world is not trying to immigrate to the US.

Why not let God determine who will come into the land which He allowed YOUR forefathers to emigrate to ?

Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

Why not let God determine who will come into the land which He allowed YOUR forefathers to emigrate to ?

Answer the question: How many people would you admit to the US per year if you were in charge? 1 million, 2 million, 3 million? I need to know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

I agree.

In addition, many of the children were with non-parents. They were with "Coyote's" (those who smuggle humans over the border, many of them children). And Coyote's rape children. That's why these female girls are given birth control, to keep from getting pregnant. The naivete' that most have about these children accompanied by their "parents" is downright dangerous and compounds the problem.

The bottom line, is that yes, it's at the very least, child abuse. In addition it compounds the ever-growing and rampant problem of child sex trafficking and the pedophilia (that we hear only the "tip of the iceberg" about).

It's monstrous.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Congress passed a bill funding a border wall. Donald Trump did not sign it because, A. he did not actually intend to build a border wall, or B. he did not want to help DACA children as part of the deal.

It is like Republicans had control of the House, Senate and White House and did not pass a bill against abortion, but some of them call Democrats baby killers. There are people who wanted the right to an abortion if the mother's life could be saved by one. There are Catholics who approved of the morning after pregnancy prevention pill in cases where nuns were raped.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

God doesn't give a thumbs up to illegally crossing borders nor to the illegal trespassing that this is.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

What if you had kids and criminals were threatening to kidnap, rape and kill them unless you paid them $2000 (which you don't have) and the authorities in your country were either not capable of or not interested in keeping them safe? You'd head for the border, wall or no wall, illegal or legal as fast as you could.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Meth production and distribution: Both are felonies is most states. You're looking at decades of prison if convicted.

Unauthorized border crossing: Federal Misdemeanor.

You're comparing apples and surfboards. Unless you think that ANY criminal charge should mandate forcibly splitting up a family.

Also, no, the wall is not needed to prevent child abuse. It isn't needed at all.

• Winner
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
God doesn't give a thumbs up to illegally crossing borders nor to the illegal trespassing that this is.

I asked him how many people should be allowed to come to the US per year. He suspiciously refused to answer my question. These people never want to admit that open borders means 10 million people would immigrate to the US each year. Adding 100 million people every decade would be a national disaster.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Meth production and distribution: Both are felonies is most states. You're looking at decades of prison if convicted.

Unauthorized border crossing: Federal Misdemeanor.

You're comparing apples and surfboards. Unless you think that ANY criminal charge should mandate forcibly splitting up a family.

Also, no, the wall is not needed to prevent child abuse. It isn't needed at all.

You’re right. My analogy was unfair—to drug dealers. Illegal immigration is far worse than using meth.

Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
What if you had kids and criminals were threatening to kidnap, rape and kill them unless you paid them $2000 (which you don't have) and the authorities in your country were either not capable of or interested in keeping them safe? You'd head for the border, wall or no wall, illegal or legal as fast as you could.

Not every illegal alien is escaping kidnappers. Many of them come to the US to commit crimes.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I asked him how many people should be allowed to come to the US per year. He suspiciously refused to answer my question. These people never want to admit that open borders means 10 million people would immigrate to the US each year. Adding 100 million people every decade would be a national disaster.

i agree.

The bottom line is, that this country has always welcomed immigrants. LEGAL ones.

Upvote 0