United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What? There's no way to get that conclusion from what I wrote. :sigh:

The throwing things at the wall to see what sticks method you used, with some of your other objections addressed in the link I already provided, gets me to that conclusion.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Proving, I suppose, that the information you had requested didn't turn out to support your own POV. Okay, we understand.

I don't believe that you do.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,561.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Ga.), for example, rejected the idea that the insurrectionist violence constituted "an insurrection," adding that Trump's rabid mob behaved "in an orderly fashion." The Georgia Republican went on to say, "f you didn't know that TV footage was a video from January the 6th, you would actually think it was a normal tourist visit."

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) blasted the Justice Department for "harassing" suspected rioters, whom he described as "peaceful patriots." Rep. Jody Hice (R-Ga.) added, "It was Trump supporters who lost their lives that day, not Trump supporters who were taking the lives of others."

Let's parse this out shall we? The FBI said there was no insurrectionist plot. And I don't believe any of them have been charged with insurrection or treason. Clyde went on to clarify his statement and said

a Gainesville Times guest column defending his comments, Clyde blasted Republicans for not being in lockstep. He called the Jan. 6 incident “horrendous” and said “violence is never an acceptable form of protest.” But he also accused “the Swamp” of attacking him. He also pointed out the photo of what he was talking about in regards to tourists. Which in fact DID look like a typical tourist visit.

But he did condemn the rioters and stated the violence was unacceptable.

But his statement WAS stupid. No one including him should make any kind of statement other than what happened on Jan 6 was wrong and never point out anything that might be construed as downplaying some if what happened. I mean he himself was helping barricade the doors of where he and other congressmen were. He made a stupid comment. Which was true for that one part. But it was untrue for the rest of it. At least he came out and condemned the violence.

Gossar, is completely wrong. He also said,

These are not unruly or dangerous violent criminals. These are political prisoners who are now being persecuted and bearing the pain of unjust suffering,” Gosar said. “Individuals arrested for illegal acts on January 6th deserve to be treated fairly.”

People are not political prisoners. They do deserve to be treated like anyone else accused of a crime. They deserve a fair trial. But those that broke into the capitol and were riotous were absolutely dangerous and violent. And there is no unjust suffering if they indeed committed those Crimes.

My only concern with you in this is lumping people into a big pot, when overall there is far more conservatives and republicans who condemned the violence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...-condemn-pro-trump-rioters-in-us-capitol.html

And the majority of conservative pundits did too.

So, all I ask is that you not lump us all into the "we all think the riot in January was okay.", Cause we don't. The vast majority of us think it did nothing but damage our cause.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,423,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, all I ask is that you not lump us all into the "we all think the riot in January was okay.", Cause we don't. The vast majority of us think it did nothing but damage our cause.

I don't lump all of you together. Just those who continue to support the BIG LIE that led to January 6th. They know who they are.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Let's parse this out shall we? The FBI said there was no insurrectionist plot.
Yes! I will not call it an insurrection from here on out.

From now on I am calling it 'Trump's BIG and WILD protest party where hundreds of cops were attacked and injured' A bit long, but good enough to prevent people from saying it is not accurate!

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A little secret....It has been said that in private Donald Trump calls himself America. I know, sounds weird,but when his followers say Donald Trump supports America, then it all makes sense. At least that's what people are saying.
None of that helps those who he led down the yellow-brick road ...

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,561.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Hmmm. I wouldn't say that that is stupid. Not when compared with the claim I just read that says, apparently seriously, that it's unthinkable that Antifa could buy up a bunch of obvious Trump-looking emblems like red hats and banners bearing his name in big letters, shout some rehearsed slogans in the presence of the news media, and succeed in having the reports claim that the rioters were sure-fire Trump supporters!

As for the certification of the election results, that happened despite the events of January 6, didn't it? Yes. There was very little chance of the riot preventing such a development and Antifa certainly knew that as well as anyone.

Of all the people arrested I don't think any of them have had ties to antifa that I have seen. I think we would have come across a few by now. We saw antifa in a number of riots last year. They are pretty obvious. January 6 didn't ring true as a antifa gathering. There may have been a few adgitators egging people on. No it's pretty cleaer who where the bad. Reckless.far right radically.

I both sides have these weckless lfaction. Do you attack those factions an those who like to play them down?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,561.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yes! I will not call it an insurrection from here on out.

From now on I am calling it 'Trump's BIG and WILD protest party where hundreds of cops were attacked and injured' A bit long, but good enough to prevent people from saying it is not accurate!

Sounds good to me.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
except maybe you, is what I said.
I am certain that I have been told over 1,000,000 times not to exaggerate and also not to generalize by using terms like everybody and nobody, I am told that it removes all credibility from any statements made when that is done.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’ll do a trigger warning for you going forward.
Are you going to do one for the parent of every teenager who hears that same justification.......but everyone one else gets to (fill in the blank)

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I am certain that I have been told over 1,000,000 times not to exaggerate and also not to generalize by using terms like everybody and nobody, I am told that it removes all credibility from any statements made when that is done.
I have no doubt that this admission is completely true.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you going to do one for the parent of every teenager who hears that same justification.......but everyone one else gets to (fill in the blank)
Will you be less distraught if I do a "disclaimer" instead?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums