Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

“I just heard the Lord say this just two days ago,” Copeland said, “2018 is the year of the Holy Ghost and fire.

Copeland said. “I release, by the authority invested in me as a prophet of God, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I release the fire of God! Burn the chaff! Burn…”

“And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.”
Matthew 24:11.

Revelation 12:13 and 14? “And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, and deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.”

This a question that needs to be looked into.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I can not watch Ken Copeland, all I see is Satan. The first time I heard him speak I got a quick chill that ran through me. I can't tell you if he is a false prophet but all I can say is I can't and refuse to watch him.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Kenneth Copeland is indeed false. He is an NAR/prosperity preacher who has also promoted heretical "manifestations" and "annointings" like being "drunk in Spirit"/"Holy Laughter."

He has also promoted unity with the Pope/Rome.

I would pay attention to what he's doing, because we need to be discerning, but I wouldn't trust a thing he says.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not sure I would call him a false prophet - or any kind of prophet for that matter.

He is IMO a false teacher.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He is an NAR/prosperity preacher
He is one of the architects of that movement.
ho has also promoted heretical "manifestations" and "annointings" like being "drunk in Spirit"/"Holy Laughter."
Those are not necessarily false manifestations. Where he goes wrong is by focusing on manifestations rather than the Lord Himself.
He has also promoted unity with the Pope/Rome.
That is not necessarily a bad thing IMO.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Those are not necessarily false manifestations.
Well.... :(
Well... Considering what this pope has said, and the one before, and the one before...

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well... Considering what this pope has said, and the one before, and the one before...
I understand your concern on each of those issues.

But the end times forum is not the proper venue to go into detail on those things.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Copeland believes he is spirit filled. I agree he is spirit filled, the question is with what spirit ? That is the part I don't trust and I feel it is not of God. So I just won't watch or listen to him. He could be perfectly fine for all I know, but my spirit is saying not to listen to him. That could change some day, maybe I'll see him in heaven, if so then I was wrong about him..

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
That video was awful. Declaring the protest is over? How arrogant can one person be?

That said, I don't think the scripture concerning the actual coming false prophet applies to him, even though he is calling himself a prophet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
He is one of the architects of that movement.

Indeed.

Those are not necessarily false manifestations.

I completely disagree. The Holy Spirit does not bless make people by making them act is disgraceful ways that Scripture forbids and condemns.

Why would the Holy Spirit ever make someone bark like a dog, laugh uncontrollably, lose control of their bodies, fall all over one another, laugh hysterically while Scripture is being read (and sometimes cause a person to even be unable to read Scripture at all)?

Where he goes wrong is by focusing on manifestations rather than the Lord Himself.

He's "gone wrong" in far more ways than that. The Church sure needs discernment.

Why?

Why should we united with someone who has said terrible things about Christ and the Gospel, such as that the cross was a failure, it's "dangerous" to have a personal relationship with Christ, Jesus probably had to ask Mary for forgiveness, etc. (All the while "consecrating" all of humanity's "temporal and eternal destinies" to "Mary"?

Why should we unite with the Pope who is also trying to unite all world religions?

As I said, the Church sure needs discernment.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Exactly. I truly hope people wake up.

Jesus warned repeatedly of great deception in the "last days."

We're there folks.

Strong delusion, indeed.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Copeland believes he is spirit filled. I
If he is born again, he is spirit filled. (Spirit within)
He could be perfectly fine for all I know
He is not. He preaches a distorted gospel centered on personally getting stuff rather than laying your life down to the Lord.
maybe I'll see him in heaven, if so then I was wrong about him..
Not necessarily. IMO there will be plenty of people in heaven that went off the rails doctrinally (deceived) but have not actually denied the Lord.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Indeed.

I completely disagree. The Holy Spirit does not bless make people by making them act is disgraceful ways that Scripture forbids and condemns.

Why would the Holy Spirit ever make someone bark like a dog, laugh uncontrollably, lose control of their bodies, fall all over one another, laugh hysterically while Scripture is being read (and sometimes cause a person to even be unable to read Scripture at all)?

He's "gone wrong" in far more ways than that. The Church sure needs discernment.

Why?

Why should we united with someone who has said terrible things about Christ and the Gospel, such as that the cross was a failure, it's "dangerous" to have a personal relationship with Christ, Jesus probably had to ask Mary for forgiveness, etc. (All the while "consecrating" all of humanity's "temporal and eternal destinies" to "Mary"?

Why should we unite with the Pope who is also trying to unite all world religions?

Trouble is it's getting harder and harder to discern what the real church out in the world is anymore !! I believe this is why I had a Jesus experience to concentrate on Him alone when studying doctrine was driving me bonkers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Trouble is it's getting harder and harder to discern what the real church is anymore !! I believe this is why I had a Jesus experience to concentrate on Him alone when studying doctrine was driving me bonkers.

These truly are confusing times, absolutely.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That is something that impacts end time understanding so I will reply to that.

In John 17, our Lord prayed that we would all be one as He and the Father are one. If anyone can get his prayers answered it would be the LORD. Do you not agree?

But we need to see who is included in that prayer. I see the Catholics and the Orthodox and the Reform/Calvinists and the Arminianists all in that.

And since Bergoglio was meeting with the Toward Jerusalem Council II representatives (including Messianic Rabbi Marty Waldman) when he was called to the conclave, I have high hopes for massive changes in the RCC.

Don Finto (pastor emeritus of Belmont Church in Nashville) in his book "Your People shall be My People," wrote that by the early church fathers (circa 300 ad) throwing out the Jewish Christians (Sect of the Nazorean) and excluding us from the first Nicene Council (and subsequent councils) put separation and division into the very core of the Church. And only by fixing that first division can the history of schisms be truly brought to an end.

Finto posits that the level of humility and repentance on the part of the EOC and RCC will need to be great, and as the progeny of those who kicked out the Jews, they are the ONLY ones who can do it.

But I believe it a GOD who can, and regularly does, do miracles. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
These truly are confusing times, absolutely.
And that is why time and again when I speak within the forum here or even to people in person, I say to draw near the person of Jesus Christ. I had that revelation that one Saturday morning 18 months ago for a reason I think. There are so many rabbit trails to get lost on today and Jesus just wants our eyes on Him. I was lost on a rabbit trail of doctrine, so lost on that, I was losing sight of Jesus and that channel of thought hit me like a cement mixer, it's all about Jesus Christ. amariselle, it was as if it came straight down from heaven.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Protestants of the United States will be foremost in stretching their hands across the gulf to grasp the hand of spiritualism; they will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, this country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience.

From the book the Great Controversity pg 588

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That is something that impacts end time understanding so I will reply to that.

In John 17, our Lord prayed that we would all be one as He and the Father are one. If anyone can get his prayers answered it would be the LORD. Do you not agree?

But we need to see who is included in that prayer. I see the Catholics and the Orthodox and the Reform/Calvinists and the Arminianists all in that.

And since Bergoglio was meeting with the Toward Jerusalem Council II representatives (including Messianic Rabbi Marty Waldman) when he was called to the conclave, I have high hopes for massive changes in the RCC.

Unfortunately the "unity" that Pope Francis and all those united with him are calling for, is a "unity" without Christ as the only Way.

The answer to Jesus' prayer is that we all be one in Him. (This requires believing He is in fact the only Way.) But, that's not what the Pope says.

So, this "unity" is false.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.