Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I am just curious if anyone has been convicted by the Holy Spirit against drinking coffee.

I know God allows some things in people's lives and not in others so I am just curious about your relationship with coffee.

God Bless.

The caffeine in coffee is considered a drug. I used to drink coffee and thought it was fine but when i went off it for a week i had bad withdrawal symptoms. Maybe this short video will help people see how it affecta the body.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My son was trying to take mine this morning. I am awake now. Lol my husband does energy drinks. Those have tons of caffeine, but he works thirds. It is mostly a blessing. I have to cut back sometimes though. I laugh, because I used to be so bad and convicted about coffee. But it is not the deadliest of sins. It is just something to watch and consider.

20210116_085945.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟971,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all have limits to what we can enjoy and also warning signs to tell us when we would be dabbling in meaningless legalism. As for the liberty to drink it, be not jittery with coffee wherein is excess.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The caffeine in coffee is considered a drug. I used to drink coffee and thought it was fine but when i went off it for a week i had bad withdrawal symptoms. Maybe this short video will help people see how it affecta the body.

As most drugs most people over do it. It becomes a stumbling block, physically, mentally and more importantly Spiritually.

Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟971,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because of severe allergies that I have, I am limited to drinking only water, coffee or herbal tea, and almond milk. No sugar, no milk, no soy, or caffeinated teas (green, black, etc.). So other than the nice, cozy feeling I get from coffee, I drink it to keep my taste buds from getting bored.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. I am curious if others have been convicted against caffeine and coffee. Again, it's not the coffee. Romans 14.
A lot of Seventh-day Adventist don't drink coffee or teas because it is a stimulate and is addictive. Our bodies are a temple for the Holy Spirit, so if the Holy Spirit is speaking to you, I would listen.

Here is a link to an interesting study about the health benefits What 'Blue Zone' city Loma Linda, California can teach us about living longer (nbcnews.com) (Loma Linda is the highest per capita of SDA's).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

When driving late at night coffee saves my life, so I say Amen to this gift used in the right place.

God bless you

• Friendly
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all have limits to what we can enjoy and also warning signs to tell us when we would be dabbling in meaningless legalism. As for the liberty to drink it, be not jittery with coffee wherein is excess.
My father in law (who attended the RLDS church his whole life) was taught that drinking coffee was a sin by his church and I never saw him drink coffee until he eventually ended up in a nursing home. I remember him coming to our house several years ago for a gathering and he was so offended by everyone there drinking coffee that he just got up and left the house. After eventually ending up in a nursing home though and getting away from his church, he became much less legalistic about it.

• Informative
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I am just curious if anyone has been convicted by the Holy Spirit against drinking coffee.

I know God allows some things in people's lives and not in others so I am just curious about your relationship with coffee.

God Bless.
Well I didn't need the Holy Spirit to convict me against Coffee - the smell does that!

However I do love a cup of tea and the same thinking might prevail.

Both Tea and Coffee are addictive. I've had withdrawal symptoms when I go without tea for more than a day.

On the other hand it doesn't really impair my thinking or have any kind of effect on my life because I drink it in moderation (2-3 per day). So no issue for me.

It comes down to personal conviction, really. If you are convinced it is wrong for you, then it IS wrong for you, but not necessarily for others (Romans 14).

• Agree
Reactions: Miggs
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
coffee has been known to cause arthritis-like symptoms in some people over time. i drank a couple of mugs each morning for years, but a few years ago started having inflammation and pain in my hands and feet. as i prayed about the problem, the word 'coffee' kept coming up in my thinking, and i stopped drinking it (not fun) - within a couple of weeks my hands and feet were back to normal. if i drink it now, within three days the inflammation and pain starts coming back (i've tried this several times). i've also met others who have experienced this.

hope that helps somebody with inflamed, sore joints!

• Agree
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
well...speaking for myself that would be "no".

I believe my signature might answer that question:

to paraphrase an old commercial: "I'm not just the roaster, I'm also a consumer!" :D

and you as well!
tulc(is drinking coffee and typing with one finger this very second!) :coffee:

There's tulc! I knew he'd have to come into this one.

Happy days tulc. Please enjoy another one.

• Winner
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
too much of anything is not good. Everything in moderation is the rule. But coffee has been proven to be a very healthy thing to drink for many reasons. How about caffeine free coffee? That's what I drink as caffeine affects me adversely and it is still very tasty without it:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

God Bless.

I drink one to two cups of coffee in the morning..

Are you coming upon difficult financial times? In the end its an unnecessary indulgence... perhaps hard times are coming.

Upvote 0

Miggs

Jan 15, 2021
Midwest
✟15,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I drink one to two cups of coffee in the morning..

Are you coming upon difficult financial times? In the end its an unnecessary indulgence... perhaps hard times are coming.

The question has nothing to do with finances.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The question has nothing to do with finances.
WELCOME!
I didn't notice til now that you are a newbie.
I hope you enjoy it here and that it will be all you expect. Just stay away from political threads if you want to keep your sanity, lol.
God bless you on your journey!

Upvote 0

Miggs

Jan 15, 2021
Midwest
✟15,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

WELCOME!
I didn't notice til now that you are a newbie.
I hope you enjoy it here and that it will be all you expect. Just stay away from political threads if you want to keep your sanity, lol.
God bless you on your journey!

Thank you and God Bless to you as well.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God Bless.
The Spirit, as Jesus stated, speaks only what He hears. So Jesus has not informed me to stop drinking coffee.

The root that causes one to be unclean springs from the heart of a person not by what they eat or drink.

17“Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

Reactions: Quasiblogo
Upvote 0