Apr 9, 2012
✟22,015.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Paul was concern with people keeping the practices ( Genesis 17: 9-13) of the (Type) like Abrahams circumcision, after G-d's own circumcision was finished. G-d's flesh (anti-type) being cut off the living G-d and dieing on the cross. Because G-d's flesh died, circumcision of the male foreskin is no longer need. Now instead of looking forward as Abraham did, we can look back and see a clearer picture of Jesus being cutoff by His living heavenly Father and dieing, the Circumcised of G-d. If we keep on with circumcision of the male forskin for symbolic reasons, we would be denying Jesus was the Circumcised of G-d, then we would have to look forward for another. That is what Paul was opposed to. Not forgetting the understanding of how Type produced an image as though looking through a darken mirror of the Anti-type that we can clearly see. Thankfully Jesus is clearly G-d made into flesh that died in our place on the cross. If we don't understand Jewish knowledge we will never understand Jesus, and G-d's plan from the beginning of time. The Angel Gabriel told Daniel in chapter 9 first 25 to 26 the anointed one Jesus would be cut off and be put to death in the middle of the week, then in 27 told the end of sacifices which is a type of Jesus the anti-type. When type kiss anti-type there is no longer any reason to sacifice or have circumcision. Islam and the Jewish community still look forward so they continue to circumcise male babies, but we can look back at how G-d has already cut off His living flesh that became a symbol of our sinfulness to die, so we can join in the Resurrection of our Saviour who is no longer dead but risen forever more.
I had all three of my son's circumcised because of my lack of knowledge on this subject. In Islam girls are circumcised also because of a lack of understanding why their father Abraham had Ishmael circumsized.

Status
Not open for further replies.