Maple Grove, MN USA
✟10,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is true is that which is and what is false is that which is not. So, here is the fundamental question, are beliefs true or false? If you say all beliefs are true, then what do you do with all the conflicting beliefs in the world and even within Christianity itself? Something can't be true and false at once. Well, perhaps some beliefs are true an some are false. Great, how do you know which beliefs are true and which beliefs are false? There is really only one way to do that. You have to put that belief to the test and make full proof of it. And so this leads us to the only possible answer to our original question that all beliefs are false, until proven to be true at which time they cease to be a belief because they have been found to be the truth itself.

Now 2 Timothy 4:5 calls us to make full proof of our ministry. So, let me ask the community here, can Christianity make full proof of anything they are professing to be the truth? I have heard that they believe and profess that Jesus lived, breathed and walked the Earth some 2000 years ago, was born a virgin, performed many miracles, died, rose from the dead and ascended into heaven and that anyone who puts their faith in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Based on the logic above can anyone in this community or currently living on this planet respond to this thread and show us all that they can make full proof of the ministry of Christianity? No.

The truth is you can't because it is absolutely without a doubt impossible. And because no one in this community or in the entire religion of Christianity can do that it means that Christianity is nothing more than a false set of beliefs made up by man's own interpretation of the Bible. And because of that fact Christianity is false and a lie. Thoughts?

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What is true is that which is and what is false is that which is not. So, here is the fundamental question, are beliefs true or false? If you say all beliefs are true, then what do you do with all the conflicting beliefs in the world and even within Christianity itself? Something can't be true and false at once. Well, perhaps some beliefs are true an some are false. Great, how do you know which beliefs are true and which beliefs are false? There is really only one way to do that. You have to put that belief to the test and make full proof of it. And so this leads us to the only possible answer to our original question that all beliefs are false, until proven to be true at which time they cease to be a belief because they have been found to be the truth itself.

Now 2 Timothy 4:5 calls us to make full proof of our ministry. So, let me ask the community here, can Christianity make full proof of anything they are professing to be the truth? I have heard that they believe and profess that Jesus lived, breathed and walked the Earth some 2000 years ago, was born a virgin, performed many miracles, died, rose from the dead and ascended into heaven and that anyone who puts their faith in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Based on the logic above can anyone in this community or currently living on this planet respond to this thread and show us all that they can make full proof of the ministry of Christianity? No.

The truth is you can't because it is absolutely without a doubt impossible. And because no one in this community or in the entire religion of Christianity can do that it means that Christianity is nothing more than a false set of beliefs made up by man's own interpretation of the Bible. And because of that fact Christianity is false and a lie. Thoughts?
Faith and belief aren’t the same thing. One can have faith and changing or evolving beliefs. The original gospel of Jesus, before the cross, changed into a new gospel about Jesus. A congregation can have faith in Jesus with conflicting beliefs.

Reactions: Woke
Upvote 0

theoneinsidethezero

LAMENT - MENTAL
Jul 31, 2016
Maple Grove, MN USA
✟10,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you are right about God and Christianity, then none of us have anything to lose.

But if the Christian is right, YOU lose everything.

That's quite a gamble on your part!

By your reply I think it is fair to conclude that you know what you believe in cannot be proven and that it is merely a matter of faith. That's a great first step to seeing past the powerful delusion of Christianity. But then you claim no harm would come to you if you are wrong. I think you are forgetting one thing my friend. If Christianity is a lie and not only that but the lie spoken of in 2 Thessalonians 2:11 and Jesus Christ never lived, breathed or walked the Earth then he is the false messiah or the Antichrist if you will. The mark of the beast was a spiritual one of which Christianity claims if you accept this mark you are damned forever. Perhaps that is why in the end Christians will be hated by all nations on account of Jesus Christ (Matt. 10:22) and those who were beheaded for this lies sake want vengeance (Rev. 20:4)

So, I would say you too stand to loose something if you are wrong. Wouldn't you say?

Upvote 0

theoneinsidethezero

LAMENT - MENTAL
Jul 31, 2016
Maple Grove, MN USA
✟10,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Faith and belief aren’t the same thing. One can have faith and changing or evolving beliefs. The original gospel of Jesus, before the cross, changed into a new gospel about Jesus. A congregation can have faith in Jesus with conflicting beliefs.

You are correct in that a congregation can have all the faith they want in Jesus Christ with conflicting beliefs hence all the division in Christianity's many doctrines and denominations. But truth is not a matter of faith or belief. It is a matter of that which is. And that which is does not tolerate or accept a bunch of conflicting beliefs. The fact that there is so much controversy and division around Christ should be a fair warning of a red flag that it is not the truth. Just saying.

• Agree
Reactions: DBHedden
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now 2 Timothy 4:5 calls us to make full proof of our ministry.
Why do you reference this verse as though it pertains to you by using "us"? And why did you appeal to 2 Thessalonians 2:11 in post #4 as though it is true?

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
By your reply I think it is fair to conclude that you know what you believe in cannot be proven and that it is merely a matter of faith. That's a great first step to seeing past the powerful delusion of Christianity. But then you claim no harm would come to you if you are wrong. I think you are forgetting one thing my friend. If Christianity is a lie and not only that but the lie spoken of in 2 Thessalonians 2:11 and Jesus Christ never lived, breathed or walked the Earth then he is the false messiah or the Antichrist if you will. The mark of the beast was a spiritual one of which Christianity claims if you accept this mark you are damned forever. Perhaps that is why in the end Christians will be hated by all nations on account of Jesus Christ (Matt. 10:22) and those who were beheaded for this lies sake want vengeance (Rev. 20:4)

So, I would say you too stand to loose something if you are wrong. Wouldn't you say?

I think that you choose to deny Christ, but choose to believe a chosen part of scripture that twists the Word of God to establish foolishness.

How could anyone take you serious in such nonsense?

Upvote 0

theoneinsidethezero

LAMENT - MENTAL
Jul 31, 2016
Maple Grove, MN USA
✟10,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do you reference this verse as though it pertains to you by using "us"? And why did you appeal to 2 Thessalonians 2:11 in post #4 as though it is true?

Isn't the Bible written to all of us? Yes. Can 2 Thessalonians 2:11 be true or the whole Bible for that matter and Christianity still be a lie? Absolutely!

Why do you ask?

Upvote 0

theoneinsidethezero

LAMENT - MENTAL
Jul 31, 2016
Maple Grove, MN USA
✟10,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that you choose to deny Christ, but choose to believe a chosen part of scripture that twists the Word of God to establish foolishness.

How could anyone take you serious in such nonsense?

Show me how I have twisted anything, logic, scripture or otherwise. Why should I or anyone else take you seriously when you aren't even backing up what you are saying. Me and the rest of the community are all ears Charlie!

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Hello theoneinsidethezero.

Is Christianity a false set of beliefs?

Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed historically, although the quest for the historical Jesus has produced little agreement on the historical reliability of the Gospels and on how closely the Jesus portrayed in the Bible reflects the historical Jesus. Jesus was a Galilean Jew who was baptized by John the Baptist and subsequently began his own ministry, preaching his message orally and often being referred to as "rabbi". Jesus debated fellow Jews on how to best follow God, engaged in healings, taught in parables and gathered followers. He was arrested and tried by the Jewish authorities, and turned over to the Roman government, and was subsequently crucified on the order of Pontius Pilate, the Roman prefect. After his death, his followers believed he rose from the dead, and the community they formed eventually became the Christian Church. (wikipedia)

The information above is beyond any doubt true, which historical records and the existence of the early Christian church prove. The debate actually starts with the resurrection of the Christ and not with His life and crucifiction.

I could not disprove the messianic prophecies written by the Old Testament prophets, that predicted the arrival of the messiah. What convinced me ultimately that Jesus actually rose from the dead, was the sheer complexity of this narration of Jesus Christ.
Definitely not a work of fiction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Show me how I have twisted anything, logic, scripture or otherwise. Why should I or anyone else take you seriously when you aren't even backing up what you are saying. Me and the rest of the community are all ears Charlie!

Any believer that reads post #4 will be amazed by the ignorance of scripture, the twisting of unbelief.

If you're going to use scripture to prove your point, you need to take some time out for study, at least show us that respect. These wild theories are not going to be taken seriously.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Isn't the Bible written to all of us? Yes. Can 2 Thessalonians 2:11 be true or the whole Bible for that matter and Christianity still be a lie? Absolutely!

Why do you ask?
Then you believe the Bible when it says, "Thy Word is truth", "Thy Law is the truth", "and I am the way, the truth and the life"?

I asked to ascertain if you were once a Christian and if you believe the Bible to be truth.

Upvote 0

agadfly

Feb 8, 2018
Chicago
✟7,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Upvote 0

agadfly

Feb 8, 2018
Chicago
✟7,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Technically, a belief is not false until proven true, as epistemologists have long recognized the existence of "true beliefs". For instance, I believe that Antarctica is an island, though I myself have never been there. The majority of our beliefs about the world are probably borrowed from the knowledge of someone else.

As for 2 Tim. 4.5: it is a bit dangerous to rely on the KJV for translations, as great progress in translations and manuscripts have happened since. The NIV has "fulfill your ministry" for the Greek plerophoreson; which has a broader semantic range than something strictly pertaining to "argumentation".

As for the veracity of the beliefs attached to the person of Jesus: the historical method, though it cannot demonstrate all the claims of the N.T. to be equal in historical weight, the weight in favor of the Resurrection is very, very strong. All natural explanations are terribly guilty of historical implausibility and ad hoc assumptions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cuddles333

May 5, 2011
Denver
✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Christianity can be proven by gathering all the evidence that is now available to make the cumulative case for it's validity.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Sorry but you can't invalidate my belief through your disbelief.

Upvote 0

DBHedden

Apr 3, 2018
Denver
✟7,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I wonder this same thing myself. In Christian school, I was taught to either take all of the Bible, or take none of it at all. This just seems crazy to me. Which parts of the Bible are true and which parts are false? What about the conflicting parts? What about the misinterpreted or altered parts? Nobody can seem to justify this for me.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wonder this same thing myself. In Christian school, I was taught to either take all of the Bible, or take none of it at all. This just seems crazy to me. Which parts of the Bible are true and which parts are false? What about the conflicting parts? What about the misinterpreted or altered parts? Nobody can seem to justify this for me.
Welcome to life, we all are forced to make assumptions, to assume that some things are simply true. We do not possess absolute knowledge and so we are forced to accept axioms, and assumptions in order to proceed. This is true of virtually all fields of learning.

Our concept of what the Bible represents is also based on assumptions.

Some assume the entire Bible is handwritten by God Himself. Others assume the Bible is inspired by God but not necessarily handwritten by God. There are contradictions and inaccurate texts within the scripture and that cannot be denied. Yet there are also incredible prophecies that are fulfilled within the scripture.

Regardless of what you may have been taught, the Bible contains the revelation of the Christ and that is what matters. The Bible points to the Christ, the Bible itself is not the mechanism of salvation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.