Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Or they will be without / outwith God, He who is all the omnis.

Not one of us has ever lived without / outwith God while we inhabit this universe. We can live without believing in God, but we can't live without God.

That would be hell...
You have got that right. Do you think God knows what goes on in hell? The Lord is Omnipresent, but I don't think that applies to hell.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi, (I apologize if this post offends anyone)

I know it is tough for people to deal with overwhelming problems that can arise in life. Nonetheless, when people do deal with these problems, they either:

1. Accept that the problems are happening, and weather the storm without religion (embracing an 'it is what it is' mentality, etc etc).
  2. Or turn to religion (in this case, Christianity) to find assistance or answers from God (Why did this happen? I need help, etc etc).

To be honest, I have stopped praying to God altogether for help and answers to the difficult problems in my life lately, mainly because I'm happing to notice that people who aren't Christians seem to be doing just fine doing things themselves (if that makes sense?) Moreover, I have been experimenting with just relying on myself (which some people may call being prideful about oneself).

So the overall question is: is Christianity, just a crutch for people?
wanted to ask you- do you think Christians are so desperate to believe in something that we have unicorn shrines and put teeth under our pillows? I can assure you this is not the case. We were just as skeptical as the next guy when God proved Himself to us in one way or another that was so real that we couldn't deny Him! Do you think God is running around trying to prove Himself to people and failing? Far from it. God does not need you to believe in Him. God does not need anything from any of us! At this stage of the game He sees a dirty pile of spiritual Filth amongst the masses and we can only HOPE that our spirits are flowing shiny enough for Him to pull us from the pile and say " this one should polish up nicely". For the most part though, society might as well be a big box of dirty cat litter. With all the greed, lust, pride, homosexuality, inappropriate contentography, idolation, seduction, vanity, adultery, pedophilia, abortion, coventry, gluttony, incest, and the list goes on, and this has become part of our normal lifestyle what do we expect?

Upvote 0

patorceda

Feb 15, 2021
Edinburgh
✟11,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have got that right. Do you think God knows what goes on in hell? The Lord is Omnipresent, but I don't think that applies to hell.
An interesting question, Jaxxi. Does God know what the eternal absence of God entails?

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
An interesting question, Jaxxi. Does God know what the eternal absence of God entails?
I guess He would and He wouldn't. Just because He is absent does not mean He doesn't know I mean He created it right? You would think He would still want to know how depraved satan really was and what he was doing in his spare time. Jesus has been showing people hell, so they can come back and warn people and they say people scream for Him but they cannot be helped because they did not repent. He apparently shows them the amount of people falling into hell saying " I died on the cross to prevent this. My people are being taught that I died for their sins and they are saved but they do not know they must repent or my gift of salvation is not theirs. Once the judgement falls there is nothing I can do. Tell my people to repent daily. Tell them I love them and not to come here." Many of these testimonies and messages I believe because they are in our best interest and give us information that follows the Bible. Jesus said our old men would dream dreams and young men would have visions and He would show us things from above and from below.

Upvote 0

patorceda

Feb 15, 2021
Edinburgh
✟11,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We were just as skeptical as the next guy when God proved Himself to us in one way or another that was so real that we couldn't deny Him!

The very last thing in the world I wanted was to believe that God IS. When I was shown the truth I could not deny it. There really did not seem to be a choice. Can anyone relate?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think God knows what goes on in hell? The Lord is Omnipresent, but I don't think that applies to hell.
Psalms 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Psalms 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
I don't think whoever wrote that has been to hell before and it is a nice thought but I do not believe God is in hell.

Upvote 0

CMDRExorcist

Theology Explorer
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2011
Texas
Visit site
✟152,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

I tend to agree. It seems like Hell is pure separation from God, which would go both ways: our inability to reach Him and His inability to reach us.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I tend to agree. It seems like Hell is pure separation from God, which would go both ways: our inability to reach Him and His inability to reach us.
Exactly and maybe He could keep tabs on what Satan was doing to people there, but I doubt He has much concern since people apparently choose to be there. That is what everyone says anyways but I don't think a lot of the people realized that their life choices were really going to send them there. Like I am sure they get it, but just did not think that place actually existed. Guess what percentage of people in hell are repenting now and would do anything for a second chance?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CMDRExorcist

Theology Explorer
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2011
Texas
Visit site
✟152,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Exactly and maybe He could keep tabs on what Satan was doing to people there, but I doubt He has much concern since people apparently choose to be there. That is what everyone says anyways but I don't think a lot of the people realized that their life choices were really going to send them there. Like I am sure they get it, but just did not think that place actually existed. Guess what percentage of people in hell are repenting now and would do anything for a second chance?

In a way I agree, but I’m sure God’s heart hurts for the people that chose to separate from Him. Even if he can’t get to them, I’m sure that he still misses their presence.

I once had a friend explain that God is not capable of being around sin, which is one of the reasons that Hell exists in the first place. It’s less of a direct punishment for us and more of an inability for us to be around God when we have made a conscious choice to sin against him. In essence, it’s not his choice. Personally, I like the theory and think that it fits well with what we know from the Bible, but only God knows.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In a way I agree, but I’m sure God’s heart hurts for the people that chose to separate from Him. Even if he can’t get to them, I’m sure that he still misses their presence.

I once had a friend explain that God is not capable of being around sin, which is one of the reasons that Hell exists in the first place. It’s less of a direct punishment for us and more of an inability for us to be around God when we have made a conscious choice to sin against him. In essence, it’s not his choice. Personally, I like the theory and think that it fits well with what we know from the Bible, but only God knows.
I have heard that as well but I cannot help but think that for a disobedient child who never learned about Jesus Christ but reached the age of consciousness, burning for eternity it a bit extreme. That is just from a human standpoint. I think for anyone who just never learned about Jesus or was baptized I think eternal burning is extreme plus being tortured by demons. I like the idea of Purgatory but I do not think that is Biblical. More like wishful thinking.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟685,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, written by a person.
Do you really drink blood?

When a person cracks open a bottle of wine in front of you, then pours glasses and passes them all around, and then says "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." Do you assume that wine is actual blood? Or do you assume its signifying or representing the new covenant in Christ?

As for the Bible quote, it's talking about God's omnipresent nature - there is no where we can go that is away from God's presence or unreachable by Him. In other words, there's no hiding from God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

patorceda

Feb 15, 2021
Edinburgh
✟11,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When a person cracks open a bottle of wine in front of you, then pours glasses and passes them all around, and then says "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." Do you assume that wine is actual blood? Or do you assume its signifying or representing the new covenant in Christ?

The latter of course. However, "Blood Drinker" when associated with a name gives no indication of a representation of the Eucharist.

As for the Bible quote, it's talking about God's omnipresent nature - there is no where we can go that is away from God's presence or unreachable by Him. In other words, there's no hiding from God.

Yes, I know what it's talking about. But I believe that hell is the only 'place' where God is not 'I AM'.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟685,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I know what it's talking about. But I believe that hell is the only 'place' where God is not 'I AM'.

Clearly the Bible disagrees with your opinion.

However, "Blood Drinker" when associated with a name gives no indication of a representation of the Eucharist

You've lost me... What are you talking about? Who says "blood drinker"?

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, written by a person.
Do you really drink blood?

This is an interesting question.
It is a sin to eat blood, because the life is in the blood.

So why did Jesus command us to eat His flesh and drink His blood? Because it is a parable or metaphor for the cost and sacrifice of this walk and following. Death and punishment are terrible things, yet Jesus made them victorious, a symbol of conquering and love, taking away meaninglessness of doing for others good things and putting eternity in its place. Jesus emphasises this by saying even the smallest gifts given to His people will be rewarded and remembered.

If one looks from eternity these acts are eternal gifts that shine out, beacons of hope, speaking against sin and guilt, self condemnation and destruction springing into forgiveness, brokenness and life through His life and His transformation in our hearts.

There is a walk of the aesthetic that appears self justifying, but Jesus added a different dimension about strength through the treasure stored up in heaven, expressed in a fallen world as the greatest reality there is, but can only be truly seen and accepted when the cost is paid.

God bless you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

patorceda

Feb 15, 2021
Edinburgh
✟11,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is an interesting question.
It is a sin to eat blood, because the life is in the blood.

So why did Jesus command us to eat His flesh and drink His blood? Because it is a parable or metaphor for the cost and sacrifice of this walk and following.

Exactly.

God bless you
Thank you. May God bless you also.

Upvote 0

patorceda

Feb 15, 2021
Edinburgh
✟11,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Clearly the Bible disagrees with your opinion.

... and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will suffer the punishment of
eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.
2 Thess 1:7-9

You've lost me... What are you talking about? Who says "blood drinker"?
'People' who drink blood.

Upvote 0