Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
ebedmelech said:
John, in his gospel made it real clear when he said this in John 1:11-13:

11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

The ONLY children of God believe on the Lord Jesus and are born of God. There are not two peoples of God...only CHILDREN OF GOD.

As said in Romans 11:17-24, saved Jews and Gentiles are grafted into ONE OLIVE TREE!!!
Danoh said:
Nope. For mixed in with the balance of John chapter 1 - which begins John's 21 chapter account of Christ's time within the Nation Israel - "His own" - at His 1st Advent all the way to His return unto The Father) - is a description also, of those of "His own" (Israelites) who did receive THEIR PROPHESIED Christ:

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

Later in the chapter we read a bit more of those of "His own" who DID receive Him...

John 1:40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ. 1:42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone. 1:43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me. 1:44 Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

1:47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

Even that last verse is in connection with Israel - it's a reference to Jacob's Ladder and what that is about...

Genesis 28:10 And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran. 28:11 And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. 28:12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. 28:13 And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed; 28:14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

That right there is a reference to His blessing of the Nations through a one day redeemed Israel as a MULTIPLIED SEED.

Here it is, again...

Acts 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

I think I'll stick with what they had rightly believed about THEIR aspect of God's TWO-Fold Purpose - His PROPHESIED aspect.

This here...

1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

All of which is a reference to His Prophesied Role on this Earth, one day...

Luke 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Believe what you will about that, ebed - nevertheless, Romans 5:6-8 - in each our stead.
The problem you have Danoh, is John 1:12. It debunks all the contrivance you respond with because God's children are HIS BY HIS CHOOSING.

Then you have this problem at John 10:16:
16 I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.
Jesus says they will be one...so...they will be one...NOT two.
And there is also this:

Ezekiel 37:22
“and I will make them one Nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel;
And One King shall be King over them all;
They shall no longer be two Nations [Judah/Israel],
Nor shall they ever be divided into two Kingdoms again.

Zephaniah 3:15
Yahweh has taken away your judgments,
He has cast out thy enemy.
The King of Israel, Yahweh, is in your midst;
You shall see[fn] disaster no more.

John 12:13
took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out:
“Hosanna!
‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!'
The King of Israel!”

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Irenaeus, "Against Heresies", 4.36.2

But last of all He sent to those unbelievers His own Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, whom the wicked husbandmen cast out of the vineyard when they had slain Him. Wherefore the Lord God did even give it up (no longer hedged around, but thrown open throughout all the world) to other husbandmen, who render the fruits in their seasons,-the beautiful elect tower being also raised everywhere. For the illustrious Church is [now] everywhere, and everywhere is the winepress digged: because those who do receive the Spirit are everywhere. For inasmuch as the former have rejected the Son of God, and cast Him out of the vineyard when they slew Him, God has justly rejected them, and given to the Gentiles outside the vineyard the fruits of its cultivation. This is in accordance with what Jeremiah says, "The Lord hath rejected and cast off the nation which does these things; for the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the Lord."

That too.
Good quote. I have never read thru Irenaeus.....

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0