PANAMA CITY
✟42,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh, My God! The sound is sinful.... Why? I didn't know the Devil, who plays a fiddle, owns a sound, or a chord. Elvis was soooooooooo sinful because he danced sexy and his voice was sexy. LOL C'mon, gimme a break. Music is supposed to push the envelope.

The problem I've found with most Christian music is simply, it sucks. Same with 99% of Christian movies. No originality (and a lot of bad acting in the movies). Now, Petra had originality and were great to listen to. Amy Grant had some good stuff. I don't know who is hot today in that scene. I love the 80s rock and pop.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My previous poll had an incorrect question. I want to fix it by asking the question I intended to ask instead of what I asked before.

For example...

Disciple
Demon Hunter
early Norma Jean
Red
Mortification
Love and Death (basically 'Christian' Korn)
etc.

I want these things for replies:

1. Opinions on the matter. This is a poll, after all.
2. Biblical debates on the matter.

I will participate as best as I can.

It's no more 'sinful' than the intentions, actual mindset, and message of the band members singing and playing their tunes. In fact, I don't think one can get more "Christian" with metal music than we see in Styper's latest album - GDE!

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Music is what the writers intend it to be. And anyone who says that a style in of itself is evil has no understanding of the genre itself. Death Metal is scary sounding the first time you hear it..... that is just the brain reacting to this new sound, not the spirit sensing demons or feeling Satan's presence (unless you are listening to music that is actually cursing god or praising Satan). Liking some types of music is all about acquired tastes for some people (like being introduced to some foods).

As Christians I believe some of us have lived under a rock for so long we have become so sensitive that we sometimes look like and act like complete ignorant morons to the world and lose all credibility. Let us go out, share Christ, and win disciples. He promises to complete his good work. Don't go searching for demons under every rock, we overestimate Satans true power by going around this world afraid of the Darkness.

We seem to forget that, Jesus has already Won! We are just waiting for the results to catch up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On a side note. I think that metal is one of the only styles I have heard that can capture Gods more violent side (We know he has one). The side that rides down on his horse leveling mountains and stepping in the blood of the wicked, crushing the serpents head, or drown an entire world with a flood. Like Becoming the Archetypes song "End of an age", or Impending Dooms new song "Wretched and Godless"

"The wicked rule the world
A short lived reign
Followed by misery and pain
Hell awaits your evil ways
Injustice on the innocent
Will have its judgement day

No one escapes
No one will escape

The children cry out for help
And mercy never came
The memories remain
The children cry out for help
And mercy never came
The memories remain

You are the wretched and godless

Oh our wretched hearts
How wicked we've become
Look how far we have fallen
This world is a cruel deceiver

Sometimes I wouldn't blame God
If he lit the world on fire
Sometimes I wouldn't blame God
If he lit the world on fire"

Sometimes people got to hear these messages rather than positive praise music.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yeah I think metal can certainly serve some types of moods. why does everything have to be cheerful? even Jesus suffered on the cross and that is not exactly a solemn or cheerful moment.

even some metallica songs have a kind of near-prophetic OT vibe to them.

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yahweh drowned an entire planet, plagued Egypt, and drowned their army. He had the Israelites slaughter the men, woman, and children of Canaan, and had the sun stand still while meteors crashed down on the retreating Canaanite army. He gave Samson power to single handed kill thousands of philistines, he led David into battle killing a giant and slaughtering armies. God cursed people to death, and blessed some to greatness. He allowed himself to be brutally murdered to save us from eternal hell. His disciples were crucified, beheaded, imprisoned, boiled in oil, stoned, and were outcasts in their own land. He is coming back to judge the entire planet and to show no mercy upon the un-repented wicked.

That all sounds extremely, and brutally Metal to me. Gods not all flowers and roses. He has a bite. The wicked that mock God will one day quiver in fear as they are undone by their own wickedness. Praise Yahweh

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think to confuse masculinity with evil is a mistake but I have found that most people are simple authoritarians. I find that sheep are not very manly compared to people who live in freedom, which i think Jesus was the perfect example. but he seems to have accepted his sheep even though sheep are not very wise.

I think a lot of people feel that love is a feminine quality and they don't at all want to see God as something that is female. I think that many christian males erroneously and probably subconsciously equate a man loving with a man being gay. therefore when "God is love" as john claims they probably read it as "God is gay". this is one reason why I think they try to take upon themselves a wrathful and violent God, which are mere symbols expressed through brutish people enslaved by sin. they are shadows that must be fully comprehended in the mystery and wisdom of union with God.

but my confidence is that some of the supposed best people that claimed to know God did insane things like cut off part of their foreskin. but the worst sin was that they got other people to do it too. you can't get much lower than that.

I thought kittie had male and female vocals until i saw the video.

the feminine is the the part that receives and accepts things, it is passive in nature. for the most part Christians are feminine in nature and sadly they are often a harlot and are drunk on the teachings of the saints. the saints have a masculine quality to them because they have a fuller knowledge than babes and so they have a real authority in their words, because they have given birth to Christ in them to some measure and have attained to some level of spiritual maturity and thus liberty.

but the difference in the virgin and the harlot is that the virgin belongs to God alone and the harlot is pushed about by the winds of every doctrine that happens to overtake them.

okay okay so some angel said I have done worse things than abraham and it's probably true but the saints would not mind being put down if it would help us out in some way especially if we had no evil will towards them in our reasoning.

so good angels can be set over many things like christian metal and even non-christian metal even though humans don't notice. angels tend to be a masculine influence upon humans who generally are babes and thus tied to the womanly image because a woman and a child are basically the full feminine image.

kittie is ofc an example of the true image of God which is both fully feminine and fully masculine in nature.

but I agree that the OT is brutal and so are things like Christ being crucified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think a lot of people feel that love is a feminine quality and they don't at all want to see God as something that is female. I think that many christian males erroneously and probably subconsciously equate a man loving with a man being gay. therefore when "God is love" as john claims they probably read it as "God is gay". this is one reason why I think they try to take upon themselves a wrathful and violent God, which are mere symbols expressed through brutish people enslaved by sin. they are shadows that must be fully comprehended in the mystery and wisdom of union with God.
kittie is ofc an example of the true image of God which is both fully feminine and fully masculine in nature.

I've never met anyone who thought God sounded gay (must be a rare thing, or sinners trying to fit their sin into the holy word). When the bible talks about God Love, most people connect it with John 15:13 where it talks about how Love is laying down your life, which does not sound feminine (and is what Jesus did).
A side note. I'm not sure I'm down with using a secular band to explain the nature of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've never met anyone who thought God sounded gay (must be a rare thing, or sinners trying to fit their sin into the holy word). When the bible talks about God Love, most people connect it with John 15:13 where it talks about how Love is laying down your life, which does not sound feminine (and is what Jesus did).
A side note. I'm not sure I'm down with using a secular band to explain the nature of God.

I find it a bit odd that what is of God has to have a special word stamped on it. but not everyone feels free enough to eat whatever food they thank God for. imo one of the many reasons God made the bible is so we have a medium to share.

I see the point about laying your life down being a manly thing because literally dying for the people you love is brave and manly. but a more accurate translation would be "soul" not "life". I think the use of the word soul implies a lot more than just a persons life because when a person thinks of life they will tend to think of their biological life. but Jesus did not use the term "bios" in that verse.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his soul for his friends.

G5590 ψυχή psuche (psoo-khay') n.
1. soul, inner being or life
2. (literally) breath
3. (figuratively) the heart's desire, the drive or passion of one's soul (i.e. that which brings satisfaction to one's being)

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I find it a bit odd that what is of God has to have a special word stamped on it. but not everyone feels free enough to eat whatever food they thank God for. imo one of the many reasons God made the bible is so we have a medium to share.

I see the point about laying your life down being a manly thing because literally dying for the people you love is brave and manly. but a more accurate translation would be "soul" not "life". I think the use of the word soul implies a lot more than just a persons life because when a person thinks of life they will tend to think of their biological life. but Jesus did not use the term "bios" in that verse.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his soul for his friends.

G5590 ψυχή psuche (psoo-khay') n.
1. soul, inner being or life
2. (literally) breath
3. (figuratively) the heart's desire, the drive or passion of one's soul (i.e. that which brings satisfaction to one's being)
As a Christian things are permissible. But comparing God to the profane? No thanks. Idc if they have some motivational messages or sometimes sing about life struggles. Look at their first album (I believe) I'm not even goanna post the songs because I don't want to get censored.

And I exercise my freedom in Christ. I allow myself to enjoy a drink on the weekends, I have some video games, I like a lot of movies, I listen to Secular as well as Christian Metal (sometimes in a combined playlist of awesomeness) But I use discernment in all things... Whatever allows me to enjoy my spare time while not causing the unsaved call me a hypocrite. So I was not judging the fact you posted a kittie Song... Just the context in which is was posted. Hope that explains it.

I actually heard the "Soul" thing from John 15:13 on one of the podcasts I listen too. But I personally think it just adds depth to the verse...instead of changing the meaning. Its pretty much the same, but deeper.

But I think we are very off topic. This is about Christian Meta (AKA bands that have lyrics about the Christian Faith, and ideals)

Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Elvis was soooooooooo sinful because he danced sexy and his voice was sexy. LOL C'mon, gimme a break. Music is supposed to push the envelope.
My mother in law went to her grave believing that the phenomenon of "Elvis Impersonators" was a reminder from God for the small Assembly of God congregation in Memphis that he grew up in to repent of their judging him for his dancing and singing rock & roll music.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My previous poll had an incorrect question. I want to fix it by asking the question I intended to ask instead of what I asked before.

For example...

Disciple
Demon Hunter
early Norma Jean
Red
Mortification
etc.

Are we talking lyrically, or instrumentally?

...If instrumentally, then the bible is silent on the issue, so it is going to be based on prudential judgement.

Upvote 0

Angel_Stewart

Feb 19, 2020
San Diego
✟18,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Did Jesus say it was ok to "hunt" "demons"? Please read about spiritual warfare in the NT for further clarification. I have read some of their lyrics in about 13 of their songs and the singer Ryan Clark sounds depressed. So far I have not come across a song about worship but mainly anger and depression.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't see any reason why God would have laws on the exact sounds of music. Lyrically, that's a different topic. There are certain things God tells us to dwell upon. But musically? That has always been subjective.

Amen! a drumbeat cannot in itself be sinful. A chord can not be sinful in itself. Lyrics can promote sin though

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did Jesus say it was ok to "hunt" "demons"? Please read about spiritual warfare in the NT for further clarification. I have read some of their lyrics in about 13 of their songs and the singer Ryan Clark sounds depressed. So far I have not come across a song about worship but mainly anger and depression.

A song to be Christian does not need to specifically praise. Singing about life struggles is not "Unchristian". Some christian heavy metal bands have praise songs and sing about deep doctrine (Like Theocracy), some are more about being a positive message from fellow believers.

On a biblical note. In how many of David's psalms does he sound all depressed??? Yup.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

For example...

Disciple
Demon Hunter
early Norma Jean
Red
Mortification
etc.

I think that all metal music is of the devil and the electric guitar does not belong in worship music. God does not have angels in heaven plugging into an amp at the base of His throne wailing solos and using a synthesizer. Just as God does not like women wearing makeup because He gave them natural beauty, He prefers a more natural sound and this can be accomplished through good harmony with natural voices. For instance this song is a great example of good harmony though there is an electric guitar in it that shouldn't be but vocally it is perfect

Some will say " The electric guitar is to reach the younger crowd to bring them to worship" but you cannot use the tools of the devil to find God. There is no such thing as Christian inappropriate content to bring the sinners to God and you cannot use Metal music which is of the devil to find God. It is a lie! It is not Godly and it does not lead to Christ.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,398.00
Faith
Atheist
I think that all metal music is of the devil and the electric guitar does not belong in worship music. God does not have angels in heaven plugging into an amp at the base of His throne wailing solos and using a synthesizer. Just as God does not like women wearing makeup because He gave them natural beauty, He prefers a more natural sound and this can be accomplished through good harmony with natural voices. For instance this song is a great example of good harmony though there is an electric guitar in it that shouldn't be but vocally it is perfect

Some will say " The electric guitar is to reach the younger crowd to bring them to worship" but you cannot use the tools of the devil to find God. There is no such thing as Christian inappropriate content to bring the sinners to God and you cannot use Metal music which is of the devil to find God. It is a lie! It is not Godly and it does not lead to Christ.
The internet, too, is a tool of the devil. RUN AWAY! NOW!

Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The internet, too, is a tool of the devil. RUN AWAY! NOW!
It’s even worse than that, the computer itself is the product of the warped mind of the notorious homosexual Alan Turing! How can one use the fruits of such a reprobate mind and not be sullied by them?

Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0