Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My previous poll had an incorrect question. I want to fix it by asking the question I intended to ask instead of what I asked before.

For example...

Disciple
Demon Hunter
early Norma Jean
Red
Mortification
Love and Death (basically 'Christian' Korn)
etc.

I want these things for replies:

1. Opinions on the matter. This is a poll, after all.
2. Biblical debates on the matter.

I will participate as best as I can.

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
as someone who gets good vibes from mudvayne I think that there is nothing wrong with music in general unless it sucks or has no important meaning.

Strange how someone gets good vibes from Mudvayne. Personal opinion. I also believe their lyrics to be abhorrent and thoroughly antithetical to the faith.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Strange how someone gets good vibes from Mudvayne. Personal opinion. I also believe their lyrics to be abhorrent and thoroughly antithetical to the faith.

understandable. but then again most people don't even seem to understand the bible as deeply as I would like.

Rom 14:1-5 (YLT)
And him who is weak in the faith receive ye--not to determinations of reasonings; one doth believe that he may eat all things--and he who is weak doth eat herbs; let not him who is eating despise him who is not eating: and let not him who is not eating judge him who is eating, for God did receive him. Thou--who art thou that art judging another's domestic? to his own master he doth stand or fall; and he shall be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. One doth judge one day above another, and another doth judge every day alike ; let each in his own mind be fully assured.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
understandable. but then again most people don't even seem to understand the bible as deeply as I would like.

Rom 14:1-5 (YLT)
And him who is weak in the faith receive ye--not to determinations of reasonings; one doth believe that he may eat all things--and he who is weak doth eat herbs; let not him who is eating despise him who is not eating: and let not him who is not eating judge him who is eating, for God did receive him. Thou--who art thou that art judging another's domestic? to his own master he doth stand or fall; and he shall be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. One doth judge one day above another, and another doth judge every day alike ; let each in his own mind be fully assured.

If the music takes you away from wanting to worship God and/or gives you a feeling of darkness, turn away.

I would be more concerned about people understanding just enough of the Bible to use it as a weapon of the Devil. True understanding comes through the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok. How is that relevant to the discussion?

I took it to mean this.

Dog: Evil metal music.
Cat: Christianity.

You can make a dog look like a cat but you can't turn a dog into a cat.

Upvote 0

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why would Christian music be sinful?

I'm not painting a single brush stroke upon all of Christian music. I was calling Christian metal into question and in my belief, it's mostly sinful.

The musical tone, in my opinion, carries the most weight in a song. Lyrics are like the icing upon the music. Take a Satanic black metal song and replace the lyrics with Christ-praising ones. Is the musical tone any less evil? Not at all. The music itself displays a message all of its own.

Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not painting a single brush stroke upon all of Christian music. I was calling Christian metal into question and in my belief, it's mostly sinful.

The musical tone, in my opinion, carries the most weight in a song. Lyrics are like the icing upon the music. Take a Satanic black metal song and replace the lyrics with Christ-praising ones. Is the musical tone any less evil? Not at all. The music itself displays a message all of its own.

By your logic, making a Satanic song that is styled like contemporary Christian music would be acceptable.

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
By your logic, making a Satanic song that is styled like contemporary Christian music would be acceptable.

Eh no, don't twist my logic, please. I'm not saying that Satanic 'happy music' is fine, but that neither is dark 'Christian music' is fine either.

I would consider happy music with Satanic lyrics to be ironically funny though.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Eh no, don't twist my logic, please. I'm not saying that Satanic 'happy music' is fine, but that neither is dark 'Christian music' is fine either.

I would consider happy music with Satanic lyrics to be ironically funny though.

it is if you ever heard

Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face (Radio Disney Version)

Upvote 0

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
terrible lyrics though. demonic. but it at least describes insane and evil behavior.

To me it seems less demonic and more evil and murderous. Demonic lyrics I assume to be Satanic in nature, e.g. Inquisition, a Satanic black metal band.

Upvote 0