Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
straightedge said:
I'm thinking of going to their concert down in south florida march 15th. There music is awesome, but what is their messge behind the lyrics? I do know they don't cuss in their lyrics. So, whats your take?

Thanks

i really dig Chevelle. i remember their first album before they got big. that was awesome.

as for their faith, i really don't know.

i remember them starting out on Tooth and Nail records, a Christian label. that doesn't mean they are Christian but why would a non-Christian band want to be tied down to a Christian label? but their lyrics on that, i found to be very honest. for example the song "Skeptic" is awesome.

then i remember hearing about how they cussed on stage and i remember hearing people that i used to know say they weren't Christian because of this. which i find that to be a bogus judgement/condemnation

there's a specific song on their new album that i wonder if it talks about things of their faith and maybe issues they are working out.

who knows i guess, unless one can find interviews or talk to them themselves. they still put out some good music to say the least.

Upvote 0

The Theory

Bagpipes well could he blow.
May 23, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Visit site
✟2,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, they were never on Tooth and Nail. They started out on Steve Taylor's Squint Records (home to Christian bands like Sixpence None The Richer, Burlap to Cashmere) before signing to a major label.

While they come from a Christian background, the band doesn't consider themselves a Christian band. They've been sold in Christian bookstores, etc. Christianity Today online gave their newest cd a good review.

*shrug*

Upvote 0

straightedge

Mar 10, 2004
Davie, Florida
✟564.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have 4 of their cds: point#1, wonder whats next, live on the road(my favorite), and this type of thinking could do us in. I also have the live from norva dvd, that so cool. Exspecially the song "comfortable liar" in thier. The intro os "wonder whats next" with the electric guitar is so saweet

Upvote 0

foo-oswald

There goes my hero...just a patsy...
Mar 11, 2004
Right here
✟2,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Is Chevelle A Christian Band?" :sleep:

Chevelle's records are decent, but, as MIS said, they really need to do something "different" next time.

Having said that, I'll move on to their live show. It sucks. Not because they aren't technically proficient. They are quite proficient.

The reason I say it sucks is because, if you listen to their records, most of the songs are in drop D. That's cool in your car, or at home, where everything is perfectly mixed, compressed, and mastered.

But, in a live setting, it begins to sound like white noise after about the fifth or sixth song. It wasn't the FOH engineer's fault either...

*shrugs*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BirdsLikeTrees

Mar 23, 2019
Sarasota
✟15,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Closure. I deem they are Christian in the sense that the message they relay is Christlike as us all music if you really think about it, put the lyrics in the context of the LORD and see how he wondrously speaks through all of his mysterious creations. Praise the LORD most high.

Upvote 0