his-girl

Saved by Grace
Jan 21, 2003
Visit site
✟238.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Athlon4all
Ananbel, His-Girl please stop acting this way toward one another I beg you. Forget how badly you feel the other may be treating you think of how Christ would've acted towards anyone (whether his bretheren or unbelievers)

Athlon4all, Rememer how Jesus acted when He went into the temple and saw all the vendors?  He became very upset didn't He? 

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by his-girl
Stormy, It's not about 'feelings', it's about knowing Jesus. 

Tell me do you not think that the power of the Spirit residing in an individual would not make itself abundantly present?

Your words are full of self.

I Love to listen to one who is truly held by God.

But you turn me off.

Maybe you need to work on your own soul instead of ours?

Or do you believe yourself to be perfect?

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others

Athlon4all, Rememer how Jesus acted when He went into the temple and saw all the vendors?  He became very upset didn't He? 

You are not Jesus! God entrusted one soul to your care. That is the soul that you should be the most concerned with.

Upvote 0

his-girl

Saved by Grace
Jan 21, 2003
Visit site
✟238.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Stormy
Tell me do you not think that the power of the Spirit residing in an individual would not make itself abundantly present?

But you turn me off.

First of all Stormy, I'm in the Protestant Forum....Not the Catholic Forum.  Second, My words are about Jesus....not about ME.  If I turn you off, then put me on ignore. 

Also, I'm not in here to work on your soul.....I was posting to L4J and Terry. And to answer your last question, No I'm not perfect.....are you?

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Stormy

But you turn me off.

Stormy please don't be so unkind!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
seebs, you really need to read the Word and not rely on man to tell you what is right and what is wrong.  I'm not questioning your salvation, I'm questioning why you don't defend JESUS with the same fever you defend the Catholic Church.  Isn't HE worth your effort?

I do defend Jesus - when I think He's under attack. I'm not particularly defending the Catholic church here, you realize - I'm not Catholic, and I disagree with them on some doctrine, as I'm sure you've noticed.

I read the Bible, but I am not yet convinced that the Bible is utterly without flaws, and I am quite certain that human interpretations are flawed - thus, no matter how good the Bible is, opinions I reach by reading it may be flawed, or just plain wrong. This is true of everyone, and is grounds for some caution.

Upvote 0

Athlon4all

I'm offline indefintely
Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
✟15,965.00
Stormy please don't be so unkind!
Yes, please Stormy that is not how Christ would've acted.

His-Girl, yes Jesus did apeear to be angry, but it was the "perfect hatred"(Psalm 139:22). We do need to hate their ways and the one responsible for what they represent (Satan), but we need to love the souls inside.

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Looks like a threat to me. 

Well I am a staff member and I say cool it.  You have been combative to many during this thread and I will not stand for it any longer. 

To everyone else please drop it also.   No one was perfect in here so I am not just commenting to his-girl.  Let's get back to discussing issues with fellow Christians instead of attacking each other while Satan laughs. 

Upvote 0

Athlon4all

I'm offline indefintely
Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
✟15,965.00
Chelsi, Just because the Catholic Church declares someone a saint doesn't mean they actually are one.
Yes, and this applies to "saints" in other denominations as well. Jesus said (dunno the ref) that many will say "Lord, Lord" but not mean it.

The Holy Spirit ministers to us through the Word. It is by the Spirit that we are taught through the Word (Just "listening" to the Holy Spirit isn't all, "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God"). And also, anything that was "heard" of the Holy Spirit must line up with the Word. Yes the Holy Spirit leads, and teaches but what you hear will never contradict the Word.
seebs, you really need to read the Word and not rely on man to tell you what is right and what is wrong. I'm not questioning your salvation, I'm questioning why you don't defend JESUS with the same fever you defend the Catholic Church. Isn't HE worth your effort?
I agree. Its not that all that man supposedly recieves from the Holy Spirit is not truth, but the Word is crucial. II Tim 3:16 says that its profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction.

RC Catholic about the passages from Matt and James,

What about though verses like Romans 10:13, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:1, etc that say that you simply must believe and you will be saved? Don't get me wrong, works are very important, and if one does not have works, I have to wonder if they are truly saved, but the actual Salvation is by grace of Jesus through faith. It is true in a sense that we have to "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." but also remember that "it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Phil 2:12-13)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Annabel, How can one profess to have the HS in them when they deny the Word as being true??

I don't deny the Word, I just question whether the Bible is the Word. I believe Christ is the Word.

Luke 11:28 tells us 'More than that, blessed are those who hear the WORD OF GOD AND KEEP IT!'

Yes. Not who *read* it, who *hear* it. It seems to me that the Word of God is often a still small voice in the wilderness, and that there is much subtlety to understanding the Bible. There are many things I once believed the Bible said, which I no longer think it says.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.