East Stroudsburg
✟7,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
OK, I have seen some discussion (from pulpits) lately that there is some kind of scientific study that BLOOD is really congealed LIGHT. Sigh. Everything is congealed energy that we call matter. Do we really need to have this discussion? Physics has proven 110 years ago that all energy... including light... is equal to mass. Mass is basically a much more compacted form of energy... and some energy is detected by the human eye in a narrow range of the electromagnetic spectrum that we call light. Yes, Jesus is the Light of the world, the force of life within each animal and human being... the spirit or energy that is the being itself... not the body or the mind... which is basically the constructed memory saves (hard drive) of the being.

Given the above basic accepted facts of physics and physical reality, yes, blood is congealed energy. Everything is congealed or compacted energy. Light is the Bible's way of saying energy. All atomic particles travel at the speed of light in the behavior of electrons, etc. When considerable energy gets together in highly compacted form... we call it mass... and we say it is matter and differentiated in existence from energy by the equation of Albert Einstein... Energy EQUALS mass times the speed of light squared. That is, the amount of energy enclosed in ANY form or type of mass is equivalent to the mass times the speed of light squared. This is why atomic bombs have so much BOOM! in them. They are the release of a partial amount of the energy contained within the Uranium matter.

Full release of all the energy in a form or type of mass is only possible in reactions that contain antimatter. Matter and antimatter totally annihilate each other. There is a total release of all the energy in the matter in question. I think it goes something like... the amount of antimatter that would fit into a tablespoon would be capable of destroying the entire earth. Nuff said.

Reactions: Sarah G

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
OK, I have seen some discussion (from pulpits) lately that there is some kind of scientific study that BLOOD is really congealed LIGHT. Sigh. Everything is congealed energy that we call matter. Do we really need to have this discussion? Physics has proven 110 years ago that all energy... including light... is equal to mass. Mass is basically a much more compacted form of energy... and some energy is detected by the human eye in a narrow range of the electromagnetic spectrum that we call light. Yes, Jesus is the Light of the world, the force of life within each animal and human being... the spirit or energy that is the being itself... not the body or the mind... which is basically the constructed memory saves (hard drive) of the being.

Given the above basic accepted facts of physics and physical reality, yes, blood is congealed energy. Everything is congealed or compacted energy. Light is the Bible's way of saying energy. All atomic particles travel at the speed of light in the behavior of electrons, etc. When considerable energy gets together in highly compacted form... we call it mass... and we say it is matter and differentiated in existence from energy by the equation of Albert Einstein... Energy EQUALS mass times the speed of light squared. That is, the amount of energy enclosed in ANY form or type of mass is equivalent to the mass times the speed of light squared. This is why atomic bombs have so much BOOM! in them. They are the release of a partial amount of the energy contained within the Uranium matter.

Full release of all the energy in a form or type of mass is only possible in reactions that contain antimatter. Matter and antimatter totally annihilate each other. There is a total release of all the energy in the matter in question. I think it goes something like... the amount of antimatter that would fit into a tablespoon would be capable of destroying the entire earth. Nuff said.

Pretty much just a special pleading fallacy. All matter is "congealed light" by those standards and applying it to blood is misleading. The claim also applies to wood, or even feces. You denigrate the Bible when you mangle it in such a fashion.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Interesting concept.

Not just interesting concept but as you keep looking closer to the atoms, you'll find they are simply a symphony of forces.

Everything you see around you is 100% empty space. Elementary particles if not existing as quantum objects are simply one dimensional point in space!

We may not even be "real" in a sense for lacking substance! :) And we might all be simply living in an alien quantum computer and nothing but "holograms"! :(

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
OK, I have seen some discussion (from pulpits) lately that there is some kind of scientific study that BLOOD is really congealed LIGHT. Sigh. Everything is congealed energy that we call matter.
Gibberish. Energy isn't some sort of 'stuff' that can be congealed. It's an indirectly observed contextual property.

Do you have a reference for this supposed 'scientific study' ?

Full release of all the energy in a form or type of mass is only possible in reactions that contain antimatter. Matter and antimatter totally annihilate each other. There is a total release of all the energy in the matter in question.
Do you understand what that means? the matter and antimatter is converted to highly energetic particles.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We may not even be "real" in a sense for lacking substance! :) And we might all be simply living in an alien quantum computer and nothing but "holograms"! :(

I doubt it....as the bible doesn't seem to present it that way.

What do you think of this verse...
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I wished people would stop trying to mix theology with the physics they have no clue about, and producing one unholy mess.

It is as if they think theology can't stand on its own two feet, unless science is roped into it somehow.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wished people would stop trying to mix theology with the physics they have no clue about, and producing one unholy mess.

It is as if they think theology can't stand on its own two feet, unless science is roped into it somehow.

Those are the folks, who likely are unsettled about their faith belief.

Upvote 0

Dave Long

Jul 29, 2017
East Stroudsburg
✟7,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, I have to try to track down the author of the sermon that I heard... and he referred to merely "a recent scientific study"... for his reference of someone saying that blood is actually congealed light. In my understanding of Albert Einstein's theories... everything is "congealed" light. I think energy is what the Bible is really referring to when it mentions light. Just my guess. I also do believe myself that "dark energy" is basically the spirit realm, and the power available there. "Dark matter" it might seem might be the physical objects in the spiritual realm. And the interesting thing is that current science DOES believe... there is more dark matter than there is regular matter in the universe... and and there is more dark energy than there is dark matter. Hmmm. Very interesting... to me.

Upvote 0

Dave Long

Jul 29, 2017
East Stroudsburg
✟7,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not just interesting concept but as you keep looking closer to the atoms, you'll find they are simply a symphony of forces.

Everything you see around you is 100% empty space. Elementary particles if not existing as quantum objects are simply one dimensional point in space!

I love this. Yes, everything around us is mostly empty space. And you break down the particles... and THEY are mostly empty space. Wouldn't it be something if we were all existing in God's imagination? Or is that another way of saying, in him we live and breathe and have our being? And the ability to try to comprehend solid matter as being in flight teeny tiny particles composed of mostly empty space is awesome, hard to comprehend.

• Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I have to try to track down the author of the sermon that I heard... and he referred to merely "a recent scientific study"... for his reference of someone saying that blood is actually congealed light. In my understanding of Albert Einstein's theories... everything is "congealed" light. I think energy is what the Bible is really referring to when it mentions light. Just my guess. I also do believe myself that "dark energy" is basically the spirit realm, and the power available there. "Dark matter" it might seem might be the physical objects in the spiritual realm. And the interesting thing is that current science DOES believe... there is more dark matter than there is regular matter in the universe... and and there is more dark energy than there is dark matter. Hmmm. Very interesting... to me.
Sorry, but one can always find a way to make the Bible fit observed facts no matter what the facts are. One should not do that. Muslims do the same thing and are better at it. Listen to a Muslim do this and you might realize why you are wrong.

Though I am probably hoping in vain.

Upvote 0

Dave Long

Jul 29, 2017
East Stroudsburg
✟7,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Pretty much just a special pleading fallacy. All matter is "congealed light" by those standards and applying it to blood is misleading. The claim also applies to wood, or even feces. You denigrate the Bible when you mangle it in such a fashion.

Feces IS congealed energy. What else would it be? E=MC2. Don't get mad at me... I did not write the so called scientific study. I am the messenger here. If you notice my initial post, I am detracting from this theory, not supporting it. But, I suppose that fact escapes somebody who so blatantly is trying to win a nonexistent argument.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Wow... you must be fun at parties.
Probably much more so than you. I can see that you do not understand that you are making the exact same errors that Muslims do.

Since they are far better at this than you does that make Islam correct and Christianity wrong?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
It's probably wise not to speculate wildly about ideas you don't appear to understand.

Just sayin'.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟273,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Physics has proven 110 years ago that all energy... including light... is equal to mass.
Let's bring some Science into the discussion. E=MC² is the wrong equation.
The correct equation is
E²=(PC)²+(MC²)²
P is the momentum and M is the rest mass.
Since light is composed of photons of zero rest mass the equation reduces to:
E=PC.
Hence there is no mathematical relationship between light and rest mass let alone a physical one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Did you just complete your dissertation?

Upvote 0

Dave Long

Jul 29, 2017
East Stroudsburg
✟7,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's probably wise not to speculate wildly about ideas you don't appear to understand.

Just sayin'.
Wow. A board full of nerds who live with their parents, watch fantasy hero shows, and nit pick about the truly insignificant. Get a life. Try Christianity. Or not... hell is a dry heat... what with all that fire and everything.

Upvote 0