Is "being humbled", different than "staying humble"...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

These seem like they may be two different things to me, what do you think...?

Comments...?

Discussion...?

God Bless!
If they are different, then what does each one individually "look like", etc...?

When do you think (if they are different) they are either necessary, or else not necessarily necessary maybe, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The Bible talks about a time in a Christian's life, when they should "no longer be put to (or subject to) (or subject themselves to) "shame", etc...?

And also "fear" also, etc...?

But how does one know they have truly entered that time yet, etc...?

And does it have something to do with maybe only after having learned, or maybe only after learning, the truly true secret to "staying truly humble" truly, etc...?

And if not, or if we have not truly learned that fully and truly yet, etc, we are still subject to "being humbled" still sometimes still, etc...?

What do you think...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being humbled is when the truth puts you straight and chops your big I down a little.

Being humble is what comes out of the pruning. When we ourselves are not as important as others.

A humble loving heart hears the Lord the best for that is how He is humble and loving.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Being humbled is when the truth puts you straight and chops your big I down a little.

Being humble is what comes out of the pruning. When we ourselves are not as important as others.

A humble loving heart hears the Lord the best for that is how He is humble and loving.
Good post...

But what about fear and shame...?

(see post #3)...

When can they be truly done away with...? (and not done away with by walking in pride, etc) (which only masks them anyway, etc)...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is the same difference as "being reminded" vs. "remembering." The former still happens in a Christian's walk when necessary. See Micah 6:8.
Maranatha! Singers (1980)

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good post...

But what about fear and shame...?

(see post #3)...

When can they be truly done away with...? (and not done away with by walking in pride, etc) (which only masks them anyway, etc)...?

God Bless!

Both fear and shame have to do with our standing with God. If we produce shameful works then we will fear them. This drives us to Jesus, pruning our ego, and setting us free from shame, guilt and fear with His blood. This process is always a humbling experience.

If we stop our sin in our own ability then we breed pride and arrogance as well as a judgemental spirit. No grace ruling our hearts will always invite shame, guilt and fear to pester us.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It is the same difference as "being reminded" vs. "remembering." The former still happens in a Christian's walk when necessary. See Micah 6:8.
Maranatha! Singers (1980)
I don't like being reminded of those times when I was very afraid or felt ashamed, etc, but I guess that also means that they/it must still be sometimes still necessary still also sometimes maybe, etc...?

I look forward to the day though...

Great post, and music/scripture vid, I liked it, thanks...

God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Both fear and shame have to do with our standing with God. If we produce shameful works then we will fear them. This drives us to Jesus, pruning our ego, and setting us free from shame, guilt and fear with His blood. This process is always a humbling experience.

If we stop our sin in our own ability then we breed pride and arrogance as well as a judgemental spirit. No grace ruling our hearts will always invite shame, guilt and fear to pester us.
Great post, much wisdom in there, thanks...

What about being reminded of the past though, etc...?

And a past that maybe now doesn't have little to anything more to do with your present still anymore now, etc...?

What about that maybe, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once we are Saved, God expects us to obey and resist temptation as we are currently able to do so [2 Corinthians 10:4-5].

“Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:31 NIV

His Holy Spirit is still on hand to fix those qualities that remain broken.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Once we are Saved, God expects us to obey and resist temptation as we are currently able to do so [2 Corinthians 10:4-5].

“Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:31 NIV

His Holy Spirit is still on hand to fix those qualities that remain broken.
Thanks for the info/encouragement...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Comments...?

Discussion...?

God Bless!

BEING humbled is you are proud and bold and strong and confident ( like when in your early 20's) and something happens where you get a major dose of life proving to you that you don't know jack about jack and it makes you feel like a naive child. That is BEING humbled. Staying humbled is realizing that as far as the spirit world and the universe go, we still wont know jack no matter how much we learn. It is realizing Gods infinite wisdom that we cannot even begin to resemble, and giving Him glory and credit for it.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
BEING humbled is you are proud and bold and strong and confident ( like when in your early 20's) and something happens where you get a major dose of life proving to you that you don't know jack about jack and it makes you feel like a naive child. That is BEING humbled. Staying humbled is realizing that as far as the spirit world and the universe go, we still wont know jack no matter how much we learn. It is realizing Gods infinite wisdom that we cannot even begin to resemble, and giving Him glory and credit for it.
When we have and/or get or maintain a proper view of our "place", and how we get to that place...?

Is that kind of what you are saying, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
When we have and/or get or maintain a proper view of our "place", and how we get to that place...?

Is that kind of what you are saying, etc...?

God Bless!
Guess we've got to be very careful as we grow also then, right...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It seems to me that, "being humbled" can put you in a very low place sometimes, sometimes a very, very low place sometimes, to a low point of maybe great depression sometimes maybe, etc, but, is that the same place your supposed to be and/or stay in, in "staying humble", etc...?

Cause I don't think that very low place you go to sometimes from maybe "being humbled" sometimes, etc, is the same place your supposed to be and/or stay in, and/or walk in, or around like, etc, in "being humble", etc, or in walking through this regular everyday life as a "humble person", etc...?

They seem like two different attitudes, or behaviors, or personalities, or states of mind, etc...?

I don't know, what do you think, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It seems to me that, "being humbled" can put you in a very low place sometimes, sometimes a very, very low place sometimes, to a low point of maybe great depression sometimes maybe, etc, but, is that the same place your supposed to be and/or stay in, in "staying humble", etc...?

Cause I don't think that very low place you go to sometimes from maybe "being humbled" sometimes, etc, is the same place your supposed to be and/or stay in, and/or walk in, or around like, etc, in "being humble", etc, or in walking through this regular everyday life as a "humble person", etc...?

They seem like two different attitudes, or behaviors, or personalities, or states of mind, etc...?

I don't know, what do you think, etc...?

God Bless!
And, yes, that low low place we go to sometimes when "being humbled", etc, is most usually just because or our pride in the first place, etc, or because our pride was too high and was hurt in the first place, etc...

They call it feeling sorry for yourself, having a pity party, etc, maybe doing some crying and whining and complaining, etc, maybe some griping, etc, being mad or sad, and then sad and mad, etc, anyway, all of that is most usually just because our own pride was too high in the first place, etc... but that low place to which you go cannot be where or what it means to be truly humble I don't think, etc, cause I think truly walking as a truly humble person has to much different than that, etc...?

And it can't be putting on a sad or sorry or disfigured show for others either, Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for putting on these kinds of "false shows of false humility" for all the people to see and take notice of, etc...

And it can't be just thinking very, very, very low opinion of yourself all of the time either, etc, cause too low of an opinion of yourself, just puts you back into this position of only being that low because of pride, or having a false kind of humbleness or humility also, etc...

So, what does it truly mean to walk humbly, etc...? And walk humbly with your/our God, etc...? Or walk or be as a truly humble person before and/or in front of, or truly before and/or in front of, or around/before others, etc...?

What do you think, etc...?

I'm trying to walk this line, but still have yet to have it all truly all figured out yet, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible talks about a time in a Christian's life, when they should "no longer be put to (or subject to) (or subject themselves to) "shame", etc...?

And also "fear" also, etc...?

But how does one know they have truly entered that time yet, etc...?

And does it have something to do with maybe only after having learned, or maybe only after learning, the truly true secret to "staying truly humble" truly, etc...?

And if not, or if we have not truly learned that fully and truly yet, etc, we are still subject to "being humbled" still sometimes still, etc...?

What do you think...?

God Bless!

It’s seems subjective. When do we not sometimes have fear, or when we have our burst of rage and yell at our mom or someone and then feel shame?

What happens to a believer about the shame from the outburst is guilt and seeking reconciliation by the spirit in them for forgiveness of the other party, and that is a true forgiveness, and not manipulation to go and do it again. That’s the humbleness of being lower than another person.

I deal with fear sometimes when it comes to talking to others, it’s natural sometimes with not know what to say.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Comments...?

Discussion...?

God Bless!
Consider your term "being humbled" as " being convicted". This is what the Holy Spirit does when we sin. He convicts us of unrighteousness. This is how He brings us into repentance resulting in the humility required to become more like our Lord, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Acts 8:
The place in the Scripture which he read was this:
He was led as a sheep to the slaughter;
And as a lamb before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
33 In His humiliation [G5014] His justice was taken away,
And who will declare His generation?
For His life is taken from the earth.

Christ bore humiliation in accordance with His Father's Will, for our sake.
We endure humiliations of our own as partakers of His sufferings, but also
for the strengthening of our spirit over the carnal nature. There is no guilt
or shame in accepting God's verdict against the sinful nature.
Paul speaks of this here.

Philippians 3:
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
21 who will transform our lowly [G5014] body that it may be conformed to His glorious body,
according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

"transform our lowly body"=literally, this body of our humiliation [G5014].
Also used here:
James 1:
Let the lowly brother glory in his exaltation,
10 but the rich in his humiliation, because as a flower of the field he will pass away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0