Is being a gay pedophile worst then being a pedofile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,226.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Worse for who?

I'm sure the child doesn't care about the sexual orientation of his or her rapist - and btw, women can't rape. And paedophilia is sin in God's eyes, just as much as anger, pride, bitterness etc. I don't think God had degrees of sin - it's all falling short of his glory, it all means we need a Saviour.

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Worse for who?

I'm sure the child doesn't care about the sexual orientation of his or her rapist - and btw, women can't rape. And paedophilia is sin in God's eyes, just as much as anger, pride, bitterness etc. I don't think God had degrees of sin - it's all falling short of his glory, it all means we need a Saviour.
(Bolding mine)

I do not want to derail this thread, and I suspect that if we were to pursue the point, then your answer might wind up skirting the forum rule against vulgarity and graphic sex, but I just wanted to point out that even though women do not have the natural equipment to perform one particular physical form of rape, it does not mean that they can't participate in other illegal sexual acts with partners who have not consented or cannot legally grant consent.

Upvote 0

Armistead14

Mar 18, 2006
✟9,449.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is really splitting hairs. The rape of the child, the harm is the sin, regardless of the sexuality of the adult. Both homo's and hetero's do this to children.

Some debate genetic code causing one to become a pedophile, which would state they can't help it. That's debatable, but possible. However, many emotional illnesses have genetic leanings. Problems arise because these genetics often play a terrible emotional role connecting the two for an even worse case scenario. Take a child that may have a ped parent with genetic coding. The child may have no code, but on emotional pattern and abuse, grow up and do the same. Each have to be treated, why at the same time protected....

BUT, it has nothing to do with the S.O. of the adult....and really just silly to bring it up as a comparison.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is a murder worsened by the race of the murderer? That is the equivalent moral assessment here. It is clear from criminal statistics that African-Americans who murder whites are punished more severely than African-Americans who murder other African-Americans. I would suspect, similarly, in some manner men who assault boys are often punished more severely than those who assault girls. However, another reason for that may be that girls who are so victimized are often blamed for their own assault, especially of they are viewed as "seductive". We have had instances in the U.S. where for instance a judge referred to a six-year-old female victim of sexual assault as a "harlot" and so forth. Also, a lot of people with loud mouths but much willful ignorance assert sexual assault "makes" certain boys gay. This is a popular cultural belief not based in fact; in some cases boys so victimized are effeminate or passive or may already identify as gay. OTOH, sexual assaults in all male milleaus as sports teams and military units are assertions primarily acts of dominance, just like sexual assaults of women.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,226.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am failing to see the connection between pedophiles and homosexuals.

I probably shouldn't presume to answer for the OP, but it sounds like they're saying that being gay is a sin, and being a peodophile is a sin, so is being a gay peopdophile doubly sinful?

I may have got that wrong, but in any case, I can't see where this discussion is going or what more I can say - so I'm unsubscribing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you - yes, forget I said that. It may be true, but it may derail the thread into all kinds of unsavoury areas.

Rape is bad, no matter who does it.

This is really splitting hairs. The rape of the child, the harm is the sin, regardless of the sexuality of the adult. Both homo's and hetero's do this to children.

Some debate genetic code causing one to become a pedophile, which would state they can't help it. That's debatable, but possible. However, many emotional illnesses have genetic leanings. Problems arise because these genetics often play a terrible emotional role connecting the two for an even worse case scenario. Take a child that may have a ped parent with genetic coding. The child may have no code, but on emotional pattern and abuse, grow up and do the same. Each have to be treated, why at the same time protected....

BUT, it has nothing to do with the S.O. of the adult....and really just silly to bring it up as a comparison.

I am failing to see the connection between pedophiles and homosexuals.

I suspect that the point of the OP question is to hammer home the fact that heterosexual rape is not "better" than homosexual rape. Something a lot of conservatives seem all too often to forget.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I suspect that the point of the OP question is to hammer home the fact that heterosexual rape is not "better" than homosexual rape. Something a lot of conservatives seem all too often to forget.

Quite a broad brush there Ollie. Nice veiled insult of conservatives.

The "point" is not who "raped" but that any 'rape", specially when the victim is a child, is heinous.

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

I probably shouldn't presume to answer for the OP, but it sounds like they're saying that being gay is a sin, and being a peodophile is a sin, so is being a gay peopdophile doubly sinful?

I may have got that wrong, but in any case, I can't see where this discussion is going or what more I can say - so I'm unsubscribing.
Except that research has consistently shown that pedophiles are almost exclusively heterosexuals.

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are probably right, and I apologize.

But the fact still remains that there are a lot of people out there like the judge that Lynn's post referred to, and even more who would see a modern rape for what it is, but still insist that Genesis 19 is about "homosexuality." Maybe only a small portion of conservatives, but a portion which, because it is so visible, and is not reined in by the majority, tends to define the movement in many eyes.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat

The "point" is not who "raped" but that any 'rape", specially when the victim is a child, is heinous.
Clearly that wasn't the OPs intention for this thread, otherwise why start a topic asking if homosexual pedophiles are worse? Especially considering his demonstrated position on homosexuality in the other thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

So you say. But if a girl, of any sexual orientation, or a gay boy are the victims, and can be shown to have been sexually active presently or in the recent past, the standard response from our sexist and heterosexist institutions is to blame the victim.

There was a reason, during the Jim Crow era (approximately 1890 to 1955) that African-American men were portrayed as insatiable sexual outlaws and their alleged victims were always portrayed as pure blonde princeses. This was serious social engineering going on. Women were portrayed as helpless and weak, minorities as subhuman, and gay men as either conniving fops and manipulators like Oscar Wilde or weak, effeminate freaks of no consequence like Quentin Crisp. Thus, by turning oppressed groups against one another, social control of and by the white power structure was maintained. Throw in religion and you've got the perfect storm of exercise of power and control over others by clever manipulation.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Ok, being a pedophile is wrong.
Um... no it isn't. Minus the fact that attractions (temptations some would call it) are not wrong, the Bible never says sex with a child is wrong or an abomination, and in fact it is covered by the general rule of sex, wrong if not married, ok with married.

But just to be clear, you do realize a pedophile is only attracted to children. If they have actually harmed a child, we call them a child molester.

But, what about the cases when men rape little boys, and women little girls? Is that worse then normal pedophilia? Or is it all the same?

The Bible speaks against same sex interactions, but it never gives a bottom age limit on marriage. It is quite hard to come up with any reason that God does not approve of a heterosexual child marriage, assuming your government does not ban them (so can't do it here in America, but you can in Brazil, Japan (country law says 12 in minimum, though virtually every prefecture raises it on its own), and a couple areas in the middle east.

According to a strict reading of the Bible, not only is homosexuality worse than heterosexual pedophile, there is nothing wrong with heterosexual pedophilia as long as they marry the child first.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Worse for who?

A woman can too rape. But I don't remember a single verse in the Bible saying pedophilia is a sin, considering that the culture back then had child marriage. Mind producing some?

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian

Bible doesn't say pedophilia is wrong. Or did I miss a verse somewhere?

Isn't it a sin to add things to the Bible... at least doesn't Revelations say that very bad things will happen to you if you do?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.